[Archive] Cloister's Hobby Stuff [January 9, 2019]

Cloister:

Hello everyone. Here is the first piece to my off-topic showcase, the Chaos Chariot that I just finished up today.

Carcearion:

Ahhhh… I personally love to see chaos is dull dirty steel, espeically en-mass. I almost painted my chaos dwarfs in this style, but i was too enamored with the classic red.

very well done :hat off

Abecedar:

It may be just “bare metal” but it is highlighted and shaded very well.

Looks great.

Cloister:

Hello, it has been a while. This weekend an old friend passed some of his oldschool 40k stuff over to me. I love the mini photos in these old codex, the painting style is so nostalgic. I remember playing friendly basement games with that rule book way back! He also had a ton of poorly painted metal space marines, I had to pass on those because I knew I wouldn’t be up for the project of restoring them. Here’s what I got!

I also tried to paint one of the eldar minis he gave me in an oldschool style. The green jungle bases really bring me back.

Cloister:

Got the Imperial Guard start collecting set. Here is the the tank, still needs weathering. All the other minis are completed or just need little touch ups and final details.

Abecedar:

Some great old stuff there.

Cloister:

Here is what I have completed for my Imperial Guard collection in the last 5 months! I love that GW still offers so many metal minis for guard so I’m working on collecting all that is available. I have a few more metal minis on order, including 2 cadian snipers and a steel legion commander.

Abecedar:

Good little force you have there.  Any pics of the Commissar?

Cloister:

Good little force you have there.  Any pics of the Commissar?

Abecedar
Photo is too dark, but here it is. Thanks for checking out my army.

Abecedar:

Thanks. suitable no-nonsense look on his face.

Cloister:

I suppose I’ll also share my Rogue Trader Farseer. One of my favorite citadel miniatures.

Sjoerdo:

Lovely old skool miniatures there! that Commissar is a classic!

Cloister:

More metal guard!

Here are the WIPs. Working on all 3 at once.

Cloister:

These are done. Quite happy with them, time to get back to my Chaos Dwarfs now.

Forgefire:

Love that oldschool eldar reaper! And nice basing on the snipers reminds me of the Tanith First And Only :slight_smile:

Cloister:

Love that oldschool eldar reaper! And nice basing on the snipers reminds me of the Tanith First And Only :)

Forgefire

Thank you. I really wanted the snipers to look like they were hiding.

Cloister:

This 3rd edition team was sitting in my backlog for several months. Glad I finally got them done and I’m very happy with the result. I started on Monday night and just finished now on Friday morning.

Cloister:

Here is something a little different, Waterloo British line infantry. Lately I have really been enjoying Warlord’s Napoleonic miniatures, they have been a joy to paint. The progress on this box so far is: 10/20 plastic infantry painted, and the 4 metal command figures painted.

Everything is painted now! Here are 14 of 24 models based now.

boyfights:

Very nice looking stuff, I love those blood bowl high elves! Cool to see such a great assortment of older models, and nice to see some historicals too :slight_smile:

Admiral:

Nice progress, I’m a fan of your paintjob on the BB elves and Napoleonics!