[Archive] Compiled & converted Armybooks (Indy + etc.)

Balseraph:

It is a conversion and compilation of a large number of ideas. Some are my, some are different authors, but the base was the Indy GT. And perhaps this is the Indy GT but has the new rules, new regiments, new machines, etc…

Behind the manual I mentioned, rather, all materials which I used.

I hope you like it , And that no one will be bad for putting his ideas in this book - especially the creators of Indy Gt.

If anyone is unhappy - for using his idea -  I remove the manual from here (but still will use at home) :slight_smile:

If you like it, get and enjoy it all.

http://rapidshare.com/files/326582173/Dawi_Zharr_Empire_-_Armybook.pdf

Any sugestions and ideas, about it, will be welcome :slight_smile:

Guardian_A:

I’ll be taking a look when I have a little more time. And I dont think anyone will complain about you using their work so long as you give credit where credit is due.

Balseraph:

This is what is written at the end of the manual:

Used materials:

Armybooks:

- Dwarfs of Chaos �?" Indy GT Armybook

- Chaos Dwarfs �?" Armybook by TommyH

- Chaos Dwarfs = Armybook by AR Travis, and Bob Schroeder

- Hobgoblin Horde �?" Fan-made Armybook

- Lustria �?" GW

- Dark Shadows �?" GW

- WFB - Rulebook

Other materials:

- Word of Hashut

- Articles from Chaos-Dwarfs Online

- Article from Polish Fans O&G AB

- My own ideas

Pictures:

- Found on Chaos Dwarfs Online

- Found on Google Graphics

I don�?Tt claim rights to the materials, which are contained in this Armybook and which are not my invention. I compiled, converted and wrote this Armybook because, modesty of materials (numbers of regiments, special characters, �?� etc) in the Armybooks, has always irritated me. Always something missing in them, as for me. Now it looks like, how should look in the official version �?" in my, subjective and single, opinion.

:)With all due respect for all authors :slight_smile:

If here is some materials that someone invented, and I didn�?Tt mentioned him above �?"

I apologize.

cornixt:

I’ve tried downloading it several times but it always says that I have to sign up because they have no slots for free users.

Guardian_A:

I didnt have any problem getting it, and I didnt have to sign up for anything.

I havent had the time to read much (I’ve just skimmed it at this point), but it looks to be a really well done book. It has a nice look and feel to it. I was a little surprised at the sheer size of the book (126 pages.) I can only think of two things to add, 1. A quick reference towards the back of the book, and 2. Since you have added a small “Dogs of War” section, you should add a small piece about using Ogre Kingdoms in the Chaos Dwarfs army. After all, Orge Kingdoms are well known for their mercenary nature and commonly sell slaves to the Chaos Dwarfs.

Balseraph:

I upload this armybook on 4shared.com. Maybe from this download will be without problems :slight_smile:

http://www.4shared.com/file/188663933/d5cd6124/Dawi_Zharr_Empire_-_Armybook.html

Few days ago I played with this army two battles. And I must say that they meet expectations :slight_smile:

But, just playing with code, you may notice gaps or shortcomings. And this has happened here too :slight_smile:

* Slave hunters can’t have Hashut armour but light armour - they was too strong

* hashut runes has to high struck lvl (-1 lvl on few runes)

* I forgot about points for kamikaze… its 30 or 40 per model

* slaves must have some kind of Stubborn special rule when they are sacrificed and they lost 25% of them (they must be “happy” so they horrible life goes to end… or something)

* daemonsmith in the infernal tank cannot also use spells- too much powerfull

* I forgot about some kind of CD Gyro or something…

and thats all problems I remember at the moment.

(and don’t play with cursed dices. Bullcentaurs charge- 11 attakcs on 4+, 2 Hits… and 0 wounds…)

If you have some sugestions or you will see in this AB some mistakes etc etc etc… please, write it here :slight_smile:

Balseraph:

Contents:

Lords of Darkness�?��?��?��?��?��?�…�?�…4   The worship of Chaos�?��?��?��?��?�.�?�.6 The prophet Molocharoar�?��?��?�…8  

Insurrection�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…10  The storm of chaos�?��?��?��?��?�…11  Map of Darklands�?��?��?��?��?��?�…�?�.12

Domains of the Chaos Dwarfs�?��?�…13  Chronicles of Hashut�?��?��?��?��?�.�?�16 The Chaos Dwarfs�?��?��?��?��?��?�.�?�20    

Acolytes of Hashut�?��?��?��?��?��?�21 High Priest of Hashut�?��?��?��?�…22  Petrified Sorcerer�?��?��?��?��?��?�…23

Palanquin�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…24  Lore of Hashut�?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…25 Altar of Hashut�?��?��?��?��?��?��?�.28  

Lore of Hashut Runes�?��?��?��?�…30  Chaos Dwarf Warriors�?��?��?�…31  Storm Troopers�?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…32

Storm Troopers Special Units�?��?�.33  Bull Centaurs�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�34  Immortals�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�.35  

Slave Hunters�?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…36  Renegades�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�.�?�37  Map of Northern Wastes�?��?��?��?��?�.38

The Lore of Nurgle�?��?��?��?��?�…39  The Lore of Tzeentch�?��?��?�…�?�…40  Marks of Chaos�?��?��?��?��?��?�.�?�41

Gifts of Chaos�?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…42 Goblinoid Special Rules�?��?��?��?�.�?�43  Hobgoblins Warriors/Stikkas�?�…44

Hobgoblin Wolf Riders�?��?��?�.�?�45  Sneaky Gits�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…46Hobgoblin Shaman�?��?��?��?��?�…47  

Thief Prince�?��?��?��?��?��?��?�.�?�.48  Rabble�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…49  Kamikaze Rules�?��?��?��?��?��?�.�?�50

Daemonsmith/Alchemist�?��?��?�…51  Alchemy�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�52  Berserkers�?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…�?�…53  

Muties�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…54  The Daemonic forges�?��?��?��?��?��?�.55  Infernal tank�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�.56

Hellcannon�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…57  Daemoneaters�?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…59  Death Rocket�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�60  

Eruption Gun�?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…61  Earthshaker�?��?��?��?��?��?�…�?�…62  Inferno Golems�?��?��?��?��?��?��?�63

Kollossus Daemon Tower�?��?�.�?�64  Infernal Trebuchet�?��?��?��?��?��?�65  Bazooka Team�?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…66  

Flamethrower�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�67  The Molten Piston�?��?��?��?��?�…68  Hobgoblin Spear Chukka�?��?��?�.69

Dawi Zharr Monsters�?��?��?��?��?��?�70  Chaos Giant Slave�?��?��?��?��?�.�?�71  Lammasu�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�.�?�.74  

Great Taurus�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�75  Chaos Dragon�?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…76  Special Characters�?��?��?��?��?�.�?��?�.77

Astragoth�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…78  Zhatan the Black�?��?��?��?��?��?�…79  Ghorth The Cruel�?��?��?��?�…�?�80  

Lord Bhaal�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�81  Azathoth�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�…82  Kthaark Daemonbane�?��?��?��?�…83

Rykarth the Unbreakable�?��?��?�…84  Molocharoar�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�.85  Morgok Hellspawn�?��?��?��?��?�…86  

Gorduz Backstabber�?��?��?��?��?�…87  Artifacts Of Obliteration�?��?��?��?��?�88  Chaos Dwarf Army List�?��?��?��?��?�.95

Regiments of Renown�?��?��?��?��?�…109  Zukka Ugzod�?Ts�?��?��?��?��?��?��?�110  Bifronth the Mad�?�…�?��?��?��?�…112  

Night �?oDiggers�?� Runners�?��?��?�114  Constant Drachenfels�?��?�…�?�115  Additional Battle Rules�?��?��?��?��?�117

Reference�?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?��?�.�?�119

Balseraph:

So, no one has any suggestions? No one captured any mistakes?

Hobgoblyn:

I think by using everyone’s everything you ended up compiling a list with WAAAY too many choices. You’ve kind of combined lists with wildly different themes and concepts without removing those elements that overlap.

You have put together Dwarfs who worship Chaos Gods with (in my opinion) WarMachines with overly complicated rules with Dwarfs of fire and darkness who have only one god with rules for Hobgoblin Khanites.

Just from what you got from me, I don’t know that the Thief Prince has any business in a Nurgle/Tzeench army since his role is to strengthen scouting sneaky Gitz who can attack an enemy behind enemy lines while the calvarly-heavy Hobgoblin army runs them down. This was meant to create a situation where an opponent either had to watch their war machines get killed or turn their melee units around knowing full well that there were a bunch of Hobgoblin Wolfriders (or improved Wolfriders or Tiger Riders or even just Hobhounds) that were going to be on their back before they had a chance to turn around. But without the powerful multitude of calvary soaring towards the enemy lines, the Thief Prince is easily dispatched while the Chaos Dwarf units are designed to punish the opponent for heading in towards them.

This large disconnect between an overall army tactic makes this list a mess aside from including everything imaginable.

Pyro Stick:

I've tried downloading it several times but it always says that I have to sign up because they have no slots for free users.

cornixt
That means you are trying to download something at the busiest time of the day. Try downloading late at night or before 4 in the afternoon, when people start getting back from school etc.

Balseraph:

Thank you for your feedback. Especially for the arguments :slight_smile:

You’ve kind of combined lists with wildly different themes and concepts without removing those elements that overlap.
You mean the fluff? I tried to fit it all but it is difficult to see everything yourself… And what about the units? their characteristics and special rules? They are ok or they are to strong or something?
You have put together Dwarfs who worship Chaos Gods with (in my opinion) WarMachines with overly complicated rules with Dwarfs of fire and darkness who have only one god with rules for Hobgoblin Khanites.
Is it something bad?

Machines I have tried to describe as accurately as possible so there was no misunderstanding. Maybe complicated but (imo) precisely detailed :slight_smile:
I don’t know that the Thief Prince (…)
What do you mean?
This large disconnect between an overall army tactic makes this list a mess aside from including everything imaginable
I tried to do a big AB, which will give more possibilities in battle.

From the beginning, I realized that I certainly not escaped from errors - that’s why I asked for help to find them. Thank you :slight_smile:

Gar Shadowfame:

I think the whole idea is an error, you are comming out from wrong direction, the fact thats something has lots of ideas doesnt mean it is good, even if all idead (supposedly) are good one cant use all, and plz dont ask why you cant use all ideas.

dncswlf:

I just downloaded it from 4shared and got nothing but the pics and shaded pages… I tried changing the colors, but there are no words! (except for the directly scanned images toward the back for reference) as to the all ideas should be included comment: I think it’s ok for all factions of chaos dwarf society be included… it is up to the specific general to include things that would fit together… (that’s how you can justify including disparate ideas) Factions of Chaos Dwarf society that battle a little differently… whose forces are created a little differently… no harm done…

Balseraph:

Gar,

stop with that artificial politeness, and stop comment my posts (again please).

Your opinion (after insulting description of my work) for me is like last year’s snow…

dncswlf:

I downloaded it few minutes ago and all it is all right. I don’t know what’s happend.

Maybe your Adobe is old or something?

Thommy H:

I think what Gar is saying, Balseraph, is that creating an army book by combining everything you can think of or borrow from other sources is a rather flawed design process. An army list is defined by what you don’t include as much as by what you do include - and simply having everything in a giant melting pot of different Chaos Dwarf concepts may provide you with a lot of options, but it’s not a pleasing work on its own merits.

It might be better if you start from scratch, coming up with what you think defines Chaos Dwarfs, perhaps taking inspiration from some of the other Chaos Dwarf Army books out there rather than taking things from them wholesale, and then create a balanced list from that.

Balseraph:

Thommy:

I do not respect people who do not respect me.

There are many ways to say the same, for example:

- Using abusive terms …

or

- Say something like you did - soberly and culturally…

Right?

Thank you for your opinion :slight_smile:

I tried to match fluff but I see that I failed…

I sit in my free time and try to improve the fluff. Maybe I can, maybe not.

Now, I wanted to draw attention to the same regiments and heroes, machines, etc… - Their special rules and characteristics.

I mean, if they are too strong for them, whether the rules are clear and bright etc…

More important are the troops in battle - not the story:)

So? What do you think? :slight_smile:

Gar Shadowfame:

Using abusive terms ..
abuse? last time i heard this word was in southpark, when all parrents were arrested cos children accused them of abuse, child abuse,

i seriously doubt i did that

and yes i am very oppinionated about "fun made", unless something is made using the game design process and ends up in quality of GW product i will not praise it. nor i will praise work itself, i have had some strong comments on different projects where i wrote why and what i think.

academicaly speaking if formuale is wrong, the effect is erroneus.

because there is no linking thought behind the rules you used, the compilation resembles card game full of metacombos, but it doesnt profile a coherent army.

Sticking lots of ideas so "players may havemore options" is not thought of very well. In a average game 2-2,5k a person has limited number of slots he can use, if there is too many units one can pick the game begins to break.

Now another thing, Warhammer is somehow coherent with its storyline, even if this coherency lats for 1 edition only. So having a 100 options of how chaos dwarfs might look, breaks it. As far as everyone knows CD do not worship any of the 4 chaos gods.
Dont write "my vision is different "  or anything similar.
Warhammer as a closed world that follows certain genre and if u want to create a valuable addition, fit in, if u want to be creative fine, but expect that someone will say its "no good".

For me it is rather bad, and a bit clueless, and for what it concerns it doesnt bring anything new.

Grimstonefire:

Ok guys, let’s try and keep this civil.

@Balseraph

I apologise for not having commented thus far, exams and stuff. I will have a look at the weekend.

Can you clarify if it is a sourcebook or an army list?

If it is a source book it cannot be imbalanced at all, as it just presents information.  If it is an army list if is is similar in design to other warhammer books (in terms of slots for things, and not to many rules etc) then it will be more acceptable to a wide variety of people.

@Thommy

Not having read this thing myself, my question above may answer your question

@Gar

and yes i am very oppinionated about “fun made”, unless something is made using the game design process and ends up in quality of GW product i will not praise it. nor i will praise work itself, i have had some strong comments on different projects where i wrote why and what i think.
That’s a few reasons there why you should avoid commenting in threads like these. I think you missed the “fun” part in all this. :wink:

People take time and effort to do things in this section, and for that alone we should welcome their efforts (or at least give them friendly advice)   At a basic level it is showing respect to your fellow members, and if you cannot do this it would be an idea not to reply at all.  You don’t have to praise it, just be respectful.

I feel it is worth mentioning this now, as this is the second occasion where we have had to discuss your attitude towards the merits of fan made material here.  This section is not going away, and we want to encourage people to use it.

If you cannot be encouraging, or respectful, please do not reply to threads in this section again.

Balseraph:

Grim:

Thank you :slight_smile:

I tried to do this as sourcebook, but now I think that no totality. I have to fine tune or otherwise, to rip everything that comprised more coherent whole. Now, as I read it(after a time of rest from the AB ), I see the inconsistencies. I do not know whether all of them. If you have time and would like, then look at the fluff - in terms of its cohesion with the rest. And if not, mind you only for the individual and their special rules.

Unit, which I gathered in the AB, I thought it best matches for the CD.

Anyway I will try to rip it… Maybe I can make it - before the official version :smiley:

And each of your suggestion will be valuable for me. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

GSF: I was going to say that it sounded more like a sourcebook compiling several of the lists out there, but Balseraph seems to have answered that.

Balseraph: I have yet to read it, but (no matter how ill-said) the thing that seems to be appearing most in people’s comments is that there are too many units and special rules. My suggestions would be to keep this as a compilation of all the rules and to use it as a starting point for making your own list. Essentially, trim off what is unnecessary in terms of units.

The first stage would be looking at what units are the same, then choose the one that you think is least balanced (if they are about equal, choose the one you like least) and remove it. Then, look at all of the units that have the same essential role and do the same. You can then look at the roles of all of the units in the army as a whole and try to remove those that you think have no role or are a bit vague. Next step is to remove any that give the list too huge an advantage (such as being able to field a handgun line with super heavy cavalry and fliers and skirmishers and uber magic with hefty warmachines), as all armies have at least one role that they can’t wield (Dwarfs have no speed/cavalry, Chaos has near enough no shooting, Tomb Kings have no uber hard units etc etc). Once at this point, you should have pared it down to what is needed and have enough units: some of the stages won’t be necessary because you may have already removed or never had the problem units.

To move on from here, take a look at the rules: remove all special rules and then add only ones that are necessary to the flavour of the unit (bersekers may have hatred, immortals may have stubborn etc), but most units won’t have special rules. You don’t want it to be too complicated. Then, look at the stats: some things will be very tough, that’s their design, but not everything should be unbeatable. Also, don’t make it so that CDs have WS 6 and T5 and S4 and hobgoblins have WS2, S2 and T2 to show such a clear difference. You can likely just copy goblin and dwarf stats, maybe a tweak to initiative (up) and weapon skill (down) or something for the hobgoblins to make them a different unit. After all of that,l it will be easier to decide upon points values, which you can do by looking at similar units within other army books and then extrapolating to achieve a realistic value that can then be discussed if it is accurate or not.

Overall, it’s good to know that there is a compilation, but I’d like to see you use it as the starting point for you to make a CD list that you believe to be fair, fun and decent. Good luck either way.