[Archive] Complete classic CD collection/army

Vintagephreak:

UPDATED March 2!

Finally got my missing figures back which were out on display, so now I have some shots of the full army, i.e. every single original classic CD from Citadel/Marauder. After taking the pics I remembered that 7 Marauder CDs are still unfinished and I would also like to paint up some old chaos hounds for the Beastmaster. Plus I have 1 more bazuka and mortar team to paint. The army is meant to fit into my classic chaos warriors of Khorne army, so they are mostly in reds. Here they are:

Here are some closer shots:

Marauder crossbowman, used metallics on it and am considering a repaint:

The warmachines are featured in my CD army blog from before Xmas, here they are again:

Although not classic models, the Hellcannon crew are cool enough to be included:

Work in progress- last 7 Marauders, siege cannon and unreleased chaos dwarf. The flesh tone I attempted for the cannon doesn’t work so I’ll try a dark purple instead. Any advice as to what would be a suitable colour?

Pyro Stick:

Awesome. Some more pics would be appreciated. Close ups of the units and the juggernaut etc.

Xander:

Ya, larger pics would be great! Looking good though!

clam:

WOW! impressive :hat off - and please give us some close ups of this treasure

every single original classic CD
- you say??

- Don’t see af Siege Cannon there - is it hidden behind the Jugger?? :hat :hat :hat

I’m going for a similar collection - but think the Juggernaut (and the Siege Cannon) is out of reach.

But still a long way to go then - have only around 30 Citadels, 4 Marauders but also a Tenderiser and Whirlwind :slight_smile: - just waiting to be based, primed and painted.

Ghrask Dragh:

Nice collection! an inspiration to finish my own.

Would also like some close-ups though :cheers

Pyro Stick:

I really want to finish my unit of marauders now. Have you got pics of the crossbowman?

Kera foehunter:

great army!!!i i like the crossbow dwarf that looks like rambo

AGPO:

Awesome - loving the boar centaurs!

Ghrask Dragh:

I love it!! great fun picking out my favorite miniatures, thanks for the close-ups :cheers

This is my kind of army, can’t wait for the seige cannon. Don’t think the flesh colour would have worked, purples not a bad idea - would it fit in with the rest of the army though? I would go with green skin and red fur, what do you think?

Pyro Stick:

Don't think the flesh colour would have worked, purples not a bad idea - would it fit in with the rest of the army though? I would go with green skin and red fur, what do you think?

Ghrask Dragh
I dont think red and green would go. Just go for red and gold like the rest of your army

clam:

Thx! Vintagephreak

See the Siege Cannon know - sorry then :wink:

So many wonderful models - and you did them justice with such a great paintjob.

Btw: Like the shield for Belekhost Deathbringer (a Armour plate from the Spiky Bits Sprue - right?) - I’m thinking of giving him a coffin shield though :hat

Vintagephreak:

[/quote]

Thx! Vintagephreak

See the Siege Cannon know - sorry then :wink:

So many wonderful models - and you did them justice with such a great paintjob.

Btw: Like the shield for Belekhost Deathbringer (a Armour plate from the Spiky Bits Sprue - right?) - I’m thinking of giving him a coffin shield though :hat

clam
[/quote]

No apologies necessary my friend, I was at fault: the first pics did not have the cannon in them. I forgot to include it as it was only partially painted. Or because I am getting on a bit and my brain grows ever more dim by the minute. Now, where do I live again…?

You’re right, Belek has a 40K bit as a shield, stuck it on as a stopgap measure since I forgot (see above) where I had put my bag of original shields. Worked out ok in the end so it stayed on… A coffin shield would have been my choice also.

Kera foehunter:

Thanks for the update i like the colors you used

Willmark:

Now these are CHAOS DWARFS!!!

Uzkul Werit:

How many points is this army?

Hashut’s Blessing:

We’d like to know because we want to award you the medals you deserve for such an awesome army.

Pyro Stick:

Uzkul Werit
Im guessing its about 2000 points.

aki:

really nice Martin, didnt knew that you were a member here. Cant wait to see the siege gun finished

Vintagephreak:

Uzkul Werit
Hi! I need to check in more often, sorry for the lack of comments/posts/response, but Real Life intrudes at the most inopportune moments to drag me kicking and screaming from my hobbies...

In all honesty I am unsure of the points value as I (get ready for this) have never played CDs at all, just collected and painted since CDs are both fun and cool, and reminds me of the more tongue-in-cheek approach GW had to their minis in the past. I do play WFB, albeit Empire and Chaos armies plus Death Korps of Krieg in 40K. So I need help in assessing the points value. Plus the jugger and siege gun never really had any points value attached to them, I believe..?

Cheers,

Martin

Perv:

Stunning !!! I am very jealous !!!