[Archive] Confirmed - K'daii Destroyer model release

cd007:

Hello guys,

In case anyone is wondering, I emailed forgeworld about the potential release of a K’daii Destroyer.

They confirmed that a destroyer model will be with us soon -

"Work on the K’daai Destroyer is currently in progress and we hope to release the model in the early part of this year."

I also asked them if there are any plans to release any further Lord choices given that we only have 2 which are of the same irk. Unfortunately that would seem like a no, their reply as follows:

"The background reason for the lack of non-sorcerer Lord choices is that the life of a Castellan or Taur’ruk is quite harsh. Their near constant place of being on the front line in combat means that they rarely live long enough to attain a lofty position within Chaos Dwarf society. Also the Sorcerer caste are the controlling power within the Chaos Dwarf ranks and so all substantial armies are lead by one or more of them."

So…we have a destroyer to look forward to (did some googling and saw some pretty awful - IMO - wip’s of a so-called destroyer but nothing confirmed). Personally I would love to see some hobgoblin models from FW. But there we go. Hope this is of help/hasn’t already been posted.

Please check out my army blog by following the links in the CD007’s army blog in the relevant section. Thanks!

-CD007

Vogon:

Thanks for that.

Having spoken to Steve Whitehead at both The Forge World Open Day and games Day last year I was really hoping for it before Christmas or even before my birthday (end of Jan).

Here’s to a release soon

Cheers

Vogon

cd007:

Thanks for that.

Having spoken to Steve Whitehead at both The Forge World Open Day and games Day last year I was really hoping for it before Christmas or even before my birthday (end of Jan).

Here's to a release soon

Cheers

Vogon

Vogon
No Problem Vogon :)

Vogon:

Incidentally Steve’s page on the Forge World web site has been updated to mention the Destroyer

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Designers/Steve-Whitehead.html

:slight_smile:

Cheers

Vogon

ViLe:

sounds good. In any case a K’daii Destroyer from FW will look awesome but will also be impertinently expensive as all their stuff is.

I hope they stay on the line of the Fireborn and the picture of the k’daii in the book… that would be great.

cd007:

Hi ViLE -

I’m not actually sure with regards to the expense. You never know with forgeworld! If you think about it this way, the Daemonsmiths are effectively 6 pounds each, cheaper than your average lord or hero from GW.

The Magma Cannon and Death Shrieker Rockets are the same price as a GW Hell cannon or similar, and the K’daii fireborn are 36.00 GBP for 3 models, 12 GBP for a unit like that is also in line wtih GW prices, so not much of an increase. Then you look at the Centaurs and theyre £55 GBP for 3… immensely expensive - the same with the Infernal guard troops.

I’m hoping it’ll come in around the 35-50 GBP mark so I can warrant getting one, otherwise I will probably convert one from a GW Daemon prince/Giant etc from ebay.

Another potential for conversion is the Forgeworld Mourngul with green stuffed flames :wink:

CD007

ViLe:

well i never said that GW is cheap :wink:

they are both overprized for some resin imho. But well, we are just slaves to the game we have to buy it :wink:

GodHead:

I hope they aren’t using the same model that was shown in the WiP shots a while back. Ugly, stupid thing.

So ugly, I’m having the 2blackdragons build me one from scratch:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12509

Skink:

I SERIOUSLY hope it is not going to be the same model they showed us some time ago! That was utterly hideous.

Yodrin:

+1 to the horrible WIP model shown earlier:mad

Vogon:

I guess I must be one if the few that liked the WIP model. Having seen it up close I think it’ll be amazing when It’s finished.

Cheers

Vogon.

frogbear:

I also asked them if there are any plans to release any further Lord choices given that we only have 2 which are of the same irk. Unfortunately that would seem like a no, their reply as follows:

"The background reason for the lack of non-sorcerer Lord choices is that the life of a Castellan or Taur'ruk is quite harsh.  Their near constant place of being on the front line in combat means that they rarely live long enough to attain a lofty position within Chaos Dwarf society.  Also the Sorcerer caste are the controlling power within the Chaos Dwarf ranks and so all substantial armies are lead by one or more of them."

cd007
Sounds like a lot of rubbish to me

They could have easily given us some special characters including a/some hobgobs.

I daresay there is more to it than 'background'.

cd007:

I agree with the majority, not a fan of the WIP model at all but most of the time they end up looking different anyway, we shall see I suppose. If I dont like it I’ll just convert one :slight_smile:

With regards to the lords I agree as well, I think its a bit of an excuse really. I can understand there being no Hobgoblin lord as they are effectively still slaves so they wouldnt be leading an army as such, but theres really not a reason for having no centaur lord or a castellan lord. To say that they don’t live long enough is, IMO, a bit silly… what if they keep living, they don’t just stay at hero status do they? It somewhat limits our orientation of the army really, our strongest lord has WS 6. And thats a 570 point named character.

Our strongest Hero has WS6 - strongest in the terms of combat - it doesnt really make sense does it?

I was hoping for a Castellan lord really. It would seem the only effective way of making a combat effective lord is to put them on a taurus and load them out with some melee items… but then they become war machine fodder. I suppose the point here being that instead of the Taurus you could have a very basic lord promoted to a lvl 4 wizard and run him in a unit of Infernal guard… meh.

BABIS:

anyhow, I think the Destroyer will be the last FW model for the chaos dwarf army…

Vogon:

One other thing to remember this is not the Chaos Dwarf Army, it is the garrison from one particular fortress and as such will not have access to the full range of troop types and characters that a full list would have.

I personally don�?Tt find the list hamstrung by the lack of a combat lord but I do wish that they would at least give us character models for all the hero options they have in the book without having to convert (Hobgoblin and Bull Centaur).

Forge World have repeatedly said that�?Ts it for Chaos Dwarf models but if the sculptors do more in their own time (like the Destroyer which is why it�?Ts taking so long) there�?Ts still a chance that they may get released.

Cheers

Vogon

cd007:

One other thing to remember this is not the Chaos Dwarf Army, it is the garrison from one particular fortress and as such will not have access to the full range of troop types and characters that a full list would have.

I personally don�?Tt find the list hamstrung by the lack of a combat lord but I do wish that they would at least give us character models for all the hero options they have in the book without having to convert (Hobgoblin and Bull Centaur).  

Forge World have repeatedly said that�?Ts it for Chaos Dwarf models but if the sculptors do more in their own time (like the Destroyer which is why it�?Ts taking so long) there�?Ts still  a chance that they may get released.

Cheers

Vogon

Vogon
I'm not so sure we'll get any more models, though :( after the destroyer, all of the forgeworld idea only units will have their own models. Strangely enough, though.... that does leave GW to release some of their own models. I'm hoping theres some scope for a few Chaos Dwarf Lords and Hero's (even if its just named ones) that GW could realse for potential use in either a chaos host or a purely chaos dwarf army. Heres to hoping eh.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Vogon - until a new army book comes out, this IS the Chaos Dwarf army. You’re quoting fluff and we all know what fluff is worth… :hashut

The system in place for army book development seems fairly consistent; the first book contains a basic army. The next time they release the book, they’ll add a unit or three and take out what doesn’t work. And tweak the rest. The next book will come out and they’ll do the same thing. And so on. We got a new book and in another three or four years it’ll get improved either by Forgeworld or GW themselves. For now just enjoy being “official”!

Grimbold Blackhammer

Skink:

Although i really hope they are going to release some Hobgoblins in the future…

rpitts2004:

rpitts2004:

Photo

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.