[Archive] Daemons, daemons everywhere!

Thommy H:

Someone got White Dwarf early this month…

• New plastic Nurgle Daemons

• New Daemonette chariot things

• A booklet updating both Warhammer: Daemons of Chaos and Codex: Daemons

I’m looking forward to reading the fluff for that last one…

Grimstonefire:

Hmm… Interesting to see a booklet and not books when they could just do a WD page or two for the new units.

I hope this is a sign of things to come, separating major rules updates from books.

brotsorrow:

Awesome news… I’m surprised how much better a daemon army is now compared to when i used to play up to the end of 6th edition… Fantastic models

Chico:

Its the quick look at the beastman figure that interests me more, my wife on the other hand which plays deamons is drooling.

bas_2312:

Those Nurglings are way too cute. WANT! :smiley:

CopperPot:

I cant wait for the WOC release looks like the rumours are true on warseer so far with this release.

Grimstonefire:

Ok, so I was expecting a fantasy version of a soul grinder.  Not literally the same model…

Like many here I have considered buying one to turn to CD (in my case a hellbound dreadquake).  Guess it won’t seem so silly now!

Nurglings look like dung heaps (if you know what I mean…, the outline anyway) on the low res video, which may be appropriate!

Everything else looks reasonably good, from what I can see.

From a fluff point of view if they can get around the power cables, the model could be a vision from the gods. But incidently it would happen to fit in with my fluff idea of Hashut being a smith for the chaos gods in the aethyr.

Skink:

…Is the guy talking English? My god, I worked with Irish and Scottish people before but I haven’t understood A SINGLE WORD for the whole video!!!

Chico:

...Is the guy talking English? My god, I worked with Irish and Scottish people before but I haven't understood A SINGLE WORD for the whole video!!!

Skink
Dutch i believe it is.

English one is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP9QhcKf20k&feature=channel&list=UL

Thommy H:

Yeah, it’s Dutch. I didn’t have the volume on when I watched it - I just got linked from Warseer and looked at the pictures.

And, yes, the Soul Grinder will just be available to Fantasy Daemons; no new model or anything, just rules for using it. I think it’s quite a clever way to give them a proper 8th Edition big monster Rare choice.

Skink:

...Is the guy talking English? My god, I worked with Irish and Scottish people before but I haven't understood A SINGLE WORD for the whole video!!!

Skink
Dutch i believe it is.

English one is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP9QhcKf20k&feature=channel&list=UL

Chico
THANK GOD!!! Seriously, I was on the cusp of giving up trying to improve my English.

JMR:

Like many here I have considered buying one to turn to CD (in my case a hellbound dreadquake).  Guess it won't seem so silly now!

Grimstonefire
My thoughts exactly! Using some 40K parts for conversions makes even more sense now.

The video isn't Dutch by the way, it's Danish I think.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Actually, it’s getting repackaged - so it will probably have a base. But is otherwise the same model :wink: Over on One Ring, there is a list of new releases: most are just Finecast rereleases, but a lot of stuff there.

EDIT: Having just watched the video - you can see it on a base anyway, lol. A very wide and not very deep one.

I do like the screamers and flamers though - not necessarily for execution (maybe with the screamers), but because they are close enough to the metals from before that I can still like them, lol.

Skink:

What do you think is the drawing on the last page about? CSM?

Thommy H:

The new starter set - it’s art from the current Codex: Dark Angels that depicts a Librarian zapping a Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer. The set is DA vs CSM.

tjub:

Cool! …and its Danish btw. :slight_smile:

Da Crusha:

new deamons…ugh. I hope they got nerfed.

Discoking:

Could this guy get in trouble for this?

He seems quite chirpy.

There’s an English version on his channel.

I wonder why the book is just an update instead of a “full release”.

No hardback? But why?

Da Crusha:

I wonder why the book is just an update instead of a "full release".
No hardback? But why?

Discoking
Im pretty curious about that too.

Thommy H:

Because it’s not a new Codex and Armies book - it’s just a new wave of figures and they did some new models at the same time. Plus both books were released before the current editions of their respective games so there are probably a few generic tweaks. Usually it would just be an article in White Dwarf I guess, but there’s obviously sufficient content to make it worth putting in a separate booklet.