[Archive] Daemons?

Grimstonefire:

Latest rumour is that they will relaunch the repacked mounted 'nettes soon.  They will then replace them around this time next year (probably to tie in with a warhammer campaign?).  It’s still only rumoured at this stage.

Also rumoured are plastic horrors, plaguebearers and some new greater daemons.

Every time GW repackages something they increase the price. :mad

Xander:

I had a chance to Skim through the Daemon book yesterday. My local GW had an open copy!

Taking a look at their time line I found two references of interest. The first was a story of a clash between a very powerful Ogre and a Bloodthirster that took place in the dark lands. In the end, though mortally wounded, the Ogre was able to entomb the Bloodthirster in a pillar of rock. That rock was hence forth known as the Daemon’s Stump! So there you have it. Official Daemon Stump fluff.

The second mention of note was that of a Vampire near the Mountains of Mourn. He uncovered a magic crown that allowed him to communicate directly with Tzeentch. A pact between the two was struck and the Vampire led mixed armies of Daemons and Undead against both Ogre and Chaos Dwarf armies.

So, with my quick skim, I found two Chaos Dwarf references! Hopefully there are more. There was nothing about Juggernauts however.

I am going to make a separate thread about this. :slight_smile:

furrie:

I will get the book, probably the 10th of may

Kera foehunter:

thats cool xander. ogre and cds what a pair . kill the undead

Xander:

I don’t know that we were a pair, but the vampire/daemon army would encounter Chaos Dwarfs, and would also encounter Ogres. Not necessarily at the same time.

furrie:

if VC and deamons are smart they will attack one at a time

minty:

yes, but I can see chaos dwarves and ogres forming an allaicne, each one has what the others lacks

ogres have speed, manpower and well, look at em, there HUGE!!! pluss, there more willing to fight than slaves

Chaos dwarves have tehcnology, armour and money

see everybody wins:)

AGPO:

Shame it was an ogre and not a chaos dwarf that did for the 'Thirster

Kera foehunter:

Yea ogre would be cool as long as they are not hungry

AGPO:

We could just feed them hobbos. What are the greater daemon rules like Xander

Xander:

I didn’t check out the rules too closely, I was more looking for Chaos Dwarf fluff. ^^;

I will be stopping by the store for the auction, maybe I will take a closer look. :slight_smile:

minty:

The greater deamons have all gone dow in baic satlines, but with all the upgades available to them they can become much stronger than before

particularly the bringer of change (much better name this time), who can become a whole magic phase by himself and still havea good chance of ploughing through his opponents magic def

and a 'thrister can take any unit in the game, espicialy since they can’t autopop anymore:)I like deamons, and the book is great for fluff:)

Hashut’s Blessing:

No more autopop? YES! I may actually consider using them now… Before, they were more expensive than Chaos Warriors, cost a special in a mortal army and if they lost a round of combat, you could lose an entire unit. A waste of points, in my opinion as they weren;t strong enough to garuntee a win in their first combat of the game…

AGPO:

i had a few units for colour, but I’ll consider them as an army now

Sharp:

I’m preparing my Current Deamon Legion…

ashur:

I will hopefully find the book back here. At least for the CD mentions.

Isnt there a way to use a whole army loyal to only one of the four ?

zagor66:

Id like to find out the rules for some of those special characters , iknow from the may issue of wd the tallymans rules.

cornixt:

You can use just the units for a single god, but it won’t do as well. You’d be better off doing a couple of counts-as units to be able to use units from other gods so your army is much more well rounded.

furrie:

when playing truely single god (so no stand ins) than you have two core (furies and the god one), one special and one rare choose. So you won’t have a very variated army.

minty:

and, besides lack of choice, the new deamons need to work together to win, or else your gonna gate hammered so badly it’ll be embarasing

and if you go one god, you have one core, furies are a god, it’s known as undevided