[Archive] Daemons?

Grimstonefire:

Once I finish my current CD list I’ll be doing a Nurgle army;

Herald on Palanquin

Maybe a ‘Khorne’ Herald on chariot

1 unit Plague Bearers  (metal plague bearers)

1 unit Horrors of Nurgle  (metal horrors)

1 unit Pusletters (from plastic bloodletters)

2 units Flesh Hounds of Nurgle (from dire wolves)

1 or 2 units of nurglings  (metal nurglings)

Possibly a unit of mounted nurgle daemonettes (based on plague riders: either worm like or mounted on flies) or a unit of furies (based on giant flies).

Plague beast

Bloodcrusher

So I’ll be using quite a few ‘counts as’ things in my list.  I think I could do this entire list for under £160 as well!

dancehat:

A unit of a single Bloodcrusher and Plaguebeast seems abit optimistic. I can see the reason for the Bloodcrusher as it can take down softer targets but the plaguebeast are more of tough thing which doent want to die and crumbling could be a problem.

From what I´ve heard that looks pretty good though.

minty:

a single bloodcrusher won’t do much, since there a unit, butplaugebeast are monsters, they don’t come in units

also, nurglings suck, don’t use them, get another herald

dancehat:

Nurglings suck? I love em! errmm, not that way lol :slight_smile: Cheap scouts and rip through other armies scouts and other light fast stuff with ease, which is their main use.

Beasts do come in units exactly like Bloodcrushers but inded they are trully monstrous!

minty:

perhaps, but I can use furies for that, and furies don’t take up a special slot. Nurglings would be awesome if they where core, but there not useful enoguh for special as thatis where the deamons main strength comes from

Grimstonefire:

I haven’t seen the book yet! I thought the plague beast and blood crusher were single models :wink:

You can’t have a nurgle list without nurglings IMO.

I’ve got some beads today, so I’m going to have a go at making a steed of slaanesh. I’ll put up a new thread once I’ve done some work.

dancehat:

You can't have a nurgle list without nurglings IMO.

Grimstonefire
Quoted for truth :)

Also for your seekers, bring the banner of only hold as a charge reaction. It will be awesome. No more elves getting away or fast cav running off, you can even remove stand and shoot from the most unpleasant units.
Use this unit in tandem with lets say a Bloodthirster or anything which have a big punch in HtH(fleshhounds come to mind) and you can put your opponent is very annoying situations.

and yeah, I´m also starting the daemons... tandem with my choas dwarfs of course!

Grimstonefire:

The test seeker I did came out really well.  It looks disgusting! :sick  I even made up a sculpting technique that is really quick, easy, and highly textured.  You’ll have to wait to see it though, I’ll finish the arm bits and take some photos :wink:

All I need now is someone to ride it.

furrie:

need some new deamons as well, when the new book comes, I don’t have enough core units when the new book come. I probably give my enter army a slaanesh feeling to it. Just because my furries and my deamon prince already have a slaanesh feel to them and my other two deamonic units are deamonettes and mounted deamonettes

wallacer:

Fingers crossed that the HoC book will have a magic item that lets me field a unit of lesser Daemons, otherwise my Bloodletter unit is pretty much useless (although it does look nice in my cabinet).

AGPO:

So Nurlgings can scout, are they still unbreakable and -1 to hit? If so they’re awesome. Didn’t realise Flesh Hounds got good all of a sudden, and I can use all my models from different gods, YAY! (AGPO is happy as a boar centaur in poo) :slight_smile:

Xander:

Wooo. :stuck_out_tongue:

Obsidian:

Ah, definitly digging the new Khorne Daemons but I’ve decided to spend the next year(s) to a new Chaos Dwarf army.

The Jugger might have a spot in it though!:rolleyes:

DARKTROOPER:

My friend is going to expand his World Eaters to involve a whole Daemonic Army… :~ I definitely plan to use the Juggernaut to create a war rhino/line breaker thingy that has been bouncing around in my head…

AGPO:

It’ll make a great unit filler at any rate. I may convert a mortal lord to ride it