[Archive] Dickies Dwai Zharr

dickiepoos:

:)Hi everyone :hat off

I have been playing WHFB on & off for 10 years now but have started to lose interest in the current armies (collected most of them!) so a good friend of mine pointed me in the direction of your wonderful website :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Currently i have just over 1000pts painted with more on the way,

Enough of me goin on,heres some pics there not the best shots & i will try to take some better ones at a later date.

Firstly my two hobbo bolt throwers,just a slight conversion on the bolt throwers & crew.

[attachment=1534]

[attachment=1535]

Now im not great at conversion work & using GS but i gave it a go with my sorcerer,im quite happy with the results can you guess which lore he is? :stuck_out_tongue:

[attachment=1536]

Next is my death rocket conversion,i used xanders guide for the crew,i want them to match the hellcannon/earthshaker crew with masks

[attachment=1537]

Rear view:

[attachment=1538]

My hobgoblin wolfboyz with a hobgoblin hero

[attachment=1540]

Hobbo hero:

[attachment=1541]

I never really liked the classic big hat CD warriors but after seeing bassmans paintjob on the website it inspired me to do my own,no shields on them at the mo because i dont have enough to do them all :~

A unit of 20 CD warriors:

[attachment=1542]

A unit of 25 CD warriors:

[attachment=1543]

I have the AOW chaos dwarf lord but i wanted to some how link him to my big hat models,i had a spare hobbo laying around so i put the lord standing on a rock & stood the hobbo behind holding the lords hat.luckily he still ranks up as well :slight_smile: :

[attachment=1544]

Thats all for now,my next purchase will be ethier a earthshaker or some slave orcs,havent decided yet.

I will also try to get a good shot of the whole army at some point.

C&C welcome im very happy with how theyve all turned out so far! :cheers

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

tjub:

Haha, the gobbo with the hat on the 2nd pic is great! :smiley:

dickiepoos:

Haha, the gobbo with the hat on the 2nd pic is great! :D

tjub
:) thanks tjub,i had to sacrifice an old lord model but it was worth it!

dickiepoos:

Just a quick update heres a pic of the army all together,again not the best quality but you get the idea :slight_smile:

Skink:

Whoa! This is what I call a start (45 warriors, 45!)… I especially like the sorcerer’s base with the floating flaming skulls!

Keep it up man, looking forward for an update

Zanko:

Yeah! Great start! :cheers

Like tjub mentioned - the gobbo with the Lords Hat is fantastic! :o

… and I like the paint scheme and especially the eyes of your CD Troopers! :hat off

I want to see more!

:hashut

Khan!:

I love the hobgobbo with the hat. Brilliant. Your deathrocket is neat too - I’m doing something similar, although yours is nicer :hat off

Xander:

Awesome work! Time to build an Earthshaker! :smiley:

How many points is that so far?

dickiepoos:

Awesome work!  Time to build an Earthshaker! :D

How many points is that so far?

Xander
Thankyou xander, yeah an earthshaker is probably my next thing to do :)
Without items,banners etc its exactly 925points,but il say over 1000points due to items etc :D

Loki:

Great work on the army so far, i like your death rocket very cool idea, what size base have you used on the CD as they rank up very nice and the paint job and the lava are great, great to have another big hat fun with us, also the sneaky goblin that has stolen a big hat is a nice touch keep up the good work :hat off

Bassman:

Wow, great army here and thank you for credits! :hat off

You’re warriors are great, they look dark and menacing as I like them. Nobody should say they’re funny because people from GW used to paint them with bright colors… :expressionless:

I appreciate their eyes… great idea. Looking forward to see more. :cheers

dickiepoos:

Great work on the army so far, i like your death rocket very cool idea, what size base have you used on the CD as they rank up very nice and the paint job and the lava are great, great to have another big hat fun with us, also the sneaky goblin that has stolen a big hat is a nice touch keep up the good work :hat off

Loki
Thanks loki :)
i used 25mm bases for the CD warriors there slightly bigger than the normal bases that come with most troop boxsets so it helps with ranking up the bighats ;P

Loki:

Thanks, i thought they were 25mm but just wanted to make sure, please keep this great work coming :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

i like the sorcerer!! love the lava bace

Da Crusha:

sweet army I especially like the cd’s eyes.

wallacer:

Love the conversions on those figures. The painted lighting effect is also really well done.

clam:

Everthing has already been said, but that shouldn’t hold me back - should it.

Awesome stuff - and as a few has said - that big hat hobbo rocks - it’s a freaking awesome idea :hat off

dickiepoos:

Hi again guys, havent been able to get online much recently,as my wife is pregnant with our first child & things have been a bit hectic here x.x

I have however been able to finally get round to making my earthshaker,i loved Ishkur’s version of the cannon & while mine is nowhere near as good it is based on his :hat off

Hope you like it im very happy with it.

[attachment=1719]

[attachment=1720]

Loki:

Great earthshaker :slight_smile: what did you make the main barrel out off as it looks awesome :slight_smile:

RoguePanda:

Thats fantasitc stuff - I love that bolt thrower crewman that has made off with a big hat :hat off