[Archive] Dino's chaos dwarf log(update 3-07-2009)

Dino:

@AGPO: Thx, and you go right ahead and use it.

@al-hashut: Thx, and I know they are but thats kind of my fault. I have problems linning things up properly.

@Kera foehunter: Thx.

Today I did a little shopping for things that I thought I could use for chaos dwarf and came back with only one thing. This guy. It’s gonna be used as a Great Taurus.

Now I know some of you might be asking me what about scratch building one. Well thats true I was…, But this looks really cool. Any way I plan on adding wings and horns to it to fit the part more. And I kinda have it’s rider started but I’m waiting to grab a box of dwarf warriors and more GS to finish him up. ANd just because I felt like it a size comperison to a Teutogen Guard I just finished.

Vexxus:

You are right, that is one cool model!

Dino:

Exactly! Although I still need wings and horns for it.

Kera foehunter:

Dino now that’s is going to be so cool .

Dino:

@ Kera foehunter: Yes it will. Yes it will.

Well I guess it’s time for another update.

Here are all the Bullcentaurs that have upper boddies.

I’d have more done on them but I ran out of GS.

These BC have a new bum protecter i’m trying out. And to be honest I kinda like it.

Next is my Great Taurus and his Chaos Dwarf Lord master.

The only thing I need for my Chaos Dwarf Lord is a body and to make a seat for him on the Great Taurus so all will be well and good. The Great Taurus will need wings(I was thinking Bloodthirster) and horns(again Bloodthirster) and add a few more head tropheys and he should be good.

Kera foehunter:

Sweet i love your chaos dwarf!!! cool idea with the dwarf head Dino!

Dino:

Thx Kera.

Now I think is a good time for an update because I have something I really needed, Green Stuff. So here we go.

First up is my work on the Chaos Dwarf lord and his Great Taurus.

Very happy with this guy so far. I’ll be working on the legs over the next day or two so he doesn’t look fused with his saddle so much. After that probably some banners and more head trophys until I can find some good Bloodthirster wings and some horns.

Next up is are my BC command group.

I wanted the unit champ. to stand out from the unit so I decided to make his mask look like the way it is. The mustaches on the other two look OK I think but I might redo them.

Last are my two Hobgoblin Boltthrowers.

I finally found something for cables for them and call these two things finished. Now I just need to make the crews.

Q&C are welcome.

wizuriel:

wow loving those bolt throwers. pure awsomeness

furrie:

the BC’s and bt’s look good, as for the CD lord on taurus I can’t realy say if I like it right now, there needs to be more work done

Dino:

@wizuriel: Thx.

@furrie: Thx. I know what you mean. I’m pretty sure it’ll turn out ok, but I deffintely need to do more work.

Kera foehunter:

looking good i like the beards on the B C nice bolt thowers

Hashut’s Blessing:

It’s all looking marvelous. A couple of ideas for the BCs. Why not have the moustaches be in the same style, but droopy, like the Mongol’s of Genghis Khan? Might work a little better. As to the rear armour, perhaps flatten the shoulder pad out a little and possibly even trim off some of the edging. It’ll fit the curve of it’s butt a little better then. Also, don’t forget to GS straps for the armour :wink: Do you still need some left arms? I have some beastmen ones spare, I believe. Let me know how many of which kind you’d like and I’ll see what I can do. What are you doing with the legs of the beastmen, might I ask? (If you do not need them, I am considering asking to buy/trade for them) Are you thinking of a chain around the Great Taurus’ neck/trhough its mouth and into the hand of its rider? Again, it’ll look best to make the saddle look attached, either with rivets or straps. A cool idea might be to add some cogs, gears and metal structring to whichever wings you use to make them fit into the model’s theme a little better. Dwarf crossbow parts can be good for this as can pieces of sprue…

Dino:

@ Kera Foehunter: Thx for the kind words.

@ Hashut’s Blessing: All of this sounds like good advice. I will defintely try the idea for the staches and will probably use them on my other chaos dwarfs if I ever want to have any without helmets vovering their faces. I unfotunatly don’t have any beastmen legs as I recieved these two beastmen heads and some arms by trading with a buddy on another forum. I’ll send you a PM about the arms in a bit. The back plates deffinetly need more work. The Bloodthirster wings I need to get will be covered with brown stuff to look like armour platting, but the advice you give is very much appreitiated. Thx.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Cool and they are only ideas. Never take my advice unless you wish to. it’s just to spark inspiration and what I personally would do. If you need more beastmen heads, I may have some more of those lying around as well…

Dino:

Thx, I just might take you up on that offer.

Hashut’s Blessing:

PM replied to. (For those wondering, trying to straighten out quantities and items to be given ;))

Merchant:

Dino my friend :hat off

- What kind of wings are you gonna use on your Great Tarus???

And I’ll like to ask how you made your BC’ers?

Your Bolt Throwers are very great, and I cannot wait to see your crewmen - standing next to them :slight_smile:

Cheers mate :cheers

and keep up the good work.

Dino:

Well here is the skinny Merchant.

The wings I need are Bloodthirster wings. The basic BC is a Grudge Pony with all the stuff filled off and the head cut off. The upper body is the front side of a dwarf with the head cut off and replaced with a Gor heads. And make sure that the horns you get point forward.

Anyway here’s a little more work that i’ve done on the BC Lord on Great Tourus.

I think that my GS skills are getting better(I think). Still need some bitz to finish it off. I hope to get them soon.

Thats all for now. Be back soon.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I’ll be sending them within the week I hope. I’ve got a feeling I may have given more arms than I could afford to. Oh well, more conversions for my beastmen, W00t!

caos dwrf:

Me likey bolt thrower

Me likey bolt thrower

Me likey bolt thrower

ok caos dwrf your a big stunty now time to get evil

naw but really thank you i now have a purpose for the minor sprew extras

ur the dino man…Dino

its now time for rofl mainia

yay x 221452463274