[Archive] Dncswlf's CD Army Blog� � mm 90 update

dncswlf:

ok, so after the tournament this weekend I realized 2 things. I need another unit of warriors so I can take another eruption gun (which proved vastly more effective than my earthshaker and death rocket - even though all my range guesses were dead on!). And I need more fast attack troops: wolf boyz or bull centaurs (I have ton’s of wolf boys, just have to get them out… and I’m going to make the bull centaurs…). Which means my hunt for vintage Chaos Dwarves is on… I am going to attempt to collect all the citadel 1988 catalogue figs… mm90s, renegades, and 0303 and 0304 guys… so far I’ve found 2 on ebay I need! I’m also looking to get the sjoredo and dave king pieces to make a more mutanty unit as well! The hunt has begun!

Mario:

That sounds great! Is there some sort of resource one can have a look at the diffrent models thru the times?

dncswlf:

YES solegends…  has all mini manufacturers pretty much… through all recent times!  Here is the citadel page:

Citadel Miniatures  the catalogues are on the right hand side.  This is such a great resource!

Mario:

This is so great, thank you very much for pointing that out :slight_smile:

Is there something like a general warhammer link resource? I always enjoyed having that for my other games to find stuff :slight_smile:

dncswlf:

hmmm, not sure, the solegends site does have more links if you poke around… I think there are some links to old Games Workshop games on this forum… the gw site itself may have some errata and faq sections… not sure!

dncswlf:

Here is the start of my next project.  6 creepy looking stitched up rakham dwarves…  to which I will add the Dave King troops… once they are released!!!  Can’t wait to get my hands on “double standard”  that figure just cracks me up!

These guys Came from Zanko…  I traded him some 2nd/3rd edition vanilla dwarfs that I had laying around…  I also got a weapon team that will make a perfect eruption gun!

clam:

Sounds like an interesting project. I love those Rackham dwarfs - have quite a few myself - but aint usually happy about mixing them with GW stuff - but Wallacer and Zanko got away - so why shouldn’t you, too? :smiley:

And then mixed with Dave’s dwarfs … ??? They are rather small you know - like 16-20mm (to the eye)- and a very different still - more realistic scaled heads and feet - but you never know :wink:

Looking forward following this mini project - while we wait for Dave.

dncswlf:

Well, my thoughts were that this group would be a more mutant looking group… so having different sizes and shapes is going to be fine by me! I’ll most likely mix in some of the mutant citadel figs once I get them as well! the Dave King ones are going to be 16mm tall… to 20mm tall… hmmm… I’ll have to make it work they look too fantastic not to include them!

Zanko:

I’m really eager to see your upcoming efforts of making a whole mutant unit! :cheers

Will you paint them in the similar paint scheme like your Blunderbusses or will you paint them more individually?

:hashut

dncswlf:

Zanko: I’ve been putting some thought into that… I think they will be more individually painted for the most part, with hints of the common army color scheme… most of the mutant looking guys have very little in the way of clothing/armor so I was thinking burned on tattoos… or war paint… these Rakham guys, because of their stitching, are going to have an irritated and rashy looking skin. especially where the stitching is… I’m going to layer some reds, oranges and yellows… that part is going to look cool! I hope I can take a good pic to share it! and now I just have to squeeze some time out to paint!

dncswlf:

Ok, so there isn’t a painting update just yet (I am juggling too much this week: painting next week) but I am very excited to have won 2 mutant dwarfs from the citadel range that I will be adding to my collection… I have several more bids on various stuff that should be closing this week… if all goes well I’ll have 2 more entire units!

Now Dave King just has to release his Dwergs and I’ll be all set (for now :wink:

Uzkul Werit:

The Eruption Guns are gold for killing stuff that everything else can’t like smaller units. I generally find more Warrior units is good anyway since they’re pretty tough.

dncswlf:

Sorry no painting update just yet, however, some of my new conscripts have just arrived, marching from afar to join my legions!  

Here are 5 new double handed weapon Dawi Zharr that will make my unit 20.

Here are 2 vanilla Dwarfs that I pulled from my collection to make into Dawi Zharr as well.  making my 2 handed guys 22!

These three will add into my hand weapon with shields unit (and I’m waiting on 2 more) so that unit will be 25.

These 5 pieces will be mixed with my other old ranged chaps that I am rebasing to make a second unit of 15 annihilators.   The Baldrick Backbreaker fig (dude with the mace)  will be my standard bearer.  And The Master of Madness is going to be my champion (yes I will be cutting him up a bit… but I have 2!

Here are my other ranged weapons that I will be re-basing to 20x20 squares.  I’m still up in the air about repainting the purple set… they just won’t fit in with my scheme though…  we’ll see…

Bolg:

your model collection is getting quite interesting (:

dncswlf:

Ha, you aint seen nothing yet really… I have a bajillion I just haven’t photographed… not CD, all different races… mostly vanilla dwarfs… Soon… soon…

Thanks though! I am really happy with the Dawi Zharr… both how I have painted them, and how they play. They are a fun army!

Hazkar:

some nice oldschool minis you got there, mr wolf

keep up the good work

Zanko:

Great minis so far! :hat off

Love the old guys! :cheers

Now we want to see them … painted! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

… and make pics of your finished ones - soon! :smiley:

:hashut

dncswlf:

An update… no paint yet, but I did do some cut and putty work… painting next…

Here is my command group:

Here is my champion.  Master of Madness with an Epic Squat Thunderer piece on his helm instead of the copy of himself… (I need to get a better camera to get a good pic… maybe once he’s painted I’ll borrow one!

Here he is after the chopping (but before the putty)

So this will be my unit of annihilators!

Yes yes, I know I got sidetracked from my mutant project… But I did work on them a bit, reglued a broken blade… The unit of annihilators should go pretty quickly…  hope to have them done by the end of next week!

dncswlf:

Sooo, my last update was April… really… ouch… .I guess Summer happened…  anyway: back to the brush!  i still haven’t finished these guys up… they’ve been on my desk since April!!  But I’ve made progress recently!  Look:

My standard and musician (the top of the flag is the master of madness top of helm):

Master of Madness Commander.  The top of his helm has been replaced with a Squat Thunderer from Epic.

These guys just needed to be rebased:

dncswlf:

Yeah Baby, Finished them up tonight!

Here are my new finished troops:

They newly painted bazooka team

The Command Group  (I still haven’t decided on a banner yet…)

And the Petard team

Here they are massed:

ATTACK!!!