[Archive] Dncswlf's CD Army Blog� � mm 90 update

dncswlf:

So, I haven’t decided on my next project yet… one of these groups though!

Any thoughts?

Zanko:

So, I haven't decided on my next project yet... one of these groups though!

Any thoughts?

dncswlf
I would like to see the firethrower team fully painted! :hat off  I like them a lot! ;)

:hashut

furrie:

I agree with zanko, go for the fire thrower it looks cool.

dncswlf:

That was the one I was leaning towards! too, Firethrower team it is then!

dncswlf:

YEAH!  Finished the Firethrower in 1 day: Woot!  (had the day off!)

I just love this figure!  So much detail in these Rakham sculpts!

Zanko:

Great work - I like it! :hat off

… and now the other Rackham mutants! :wink:

Loki:

Very Nice i like these alot, keep them coming :slight_smile:

dncswlf:

I almost went that direction… but I’ve already started something else… I think it’ll be a good surprise! But It was something that you pointed me towards :wink:

Great work - I like it! :hat off

… and now the other Rackham mutants! :wink:

Zanko

dncswlf:

New update, Zanko, What the heck was this thing called again… whatever it is, it really rocks!  I can’t wait to see it together… but I seem to be out of glue!!!  ah!  So, hopefully tomorrow I’ll finish the painting and glue it together!

I was going to use it as a “counts as daemon eater” - unless I write some specific rules for it!

Zanko:

It’s the Bison Warwagon from RAFM!

Great stuff and I’m glad to see it nearly finished - it looks very promising! :hat off

Nicodemus:

Firethrower is awesome. I love it. I’m a bit clueless about most models out there other than the run-of-the-mill GW ones… If the Firethrower one still available??

~N

dncswlf:

Nicodemus, the firethrower team is from Rakham, they are not currently producing them… as they went to prepainted plastics… ebay is your best bet, I traded for mine, got it from Zanko, he has an insane collection of models!  ok, now for an update:

finished Chaos Dwarf Bison War Wagon from RAFM (counts as Deamon Eater)

And my Rakham Firethrower team (counts as Eruption gun… based as such)

and here is the beginning of my next project:  The deciples of Hashut… I was thinking of making some rules/history up for them… heavily mutated, self inflicted modifications… potent deamon juice… (they are the Rakham figs, and are a bit bigger than the GW ones…)

Loki:

Like the war wagon as a deamon eater very cool idea and model also the deciples of Hashut sound like a cool idea looking forward to seeing more on them and some back ground for them, keep up the great work :slight_smile:

Fequiil:

am i right that i spotted an awesome banner in the top picture from this page?

Bolg:

He, Have you even heard of the painting technique “dipping” ? I think that would be right up your alley.

Basically you paint the models like you do now and then you finish them of with some kind of shading liquid paint and it will really bring your models to life without having to spent to much extra time and efford on the models.

dncswlf:

Fequiil: yeah, that is a pre-made banner cut from one of the Word of Hashut ezines… Can’t remember who actually made it… They are pretty awesome though! That one went to my Kolassus, but has since broken off, and I’ve yet to repair it!

Bolg: I have heard of dipping, and have seen some armies on this site that have been dipped… Just not sure I know how to do it… perhaps I’ll experiment some with some goblins (I think they are going to be my next project)

Bolg:

Great, you should give it a try. I’ve seen a friend of my dip a army ist fast and the results were great.

looking forward to your experiments (:

dncswlf:

Ok, so, after painting my goblin battle chariot, and getting the greenskin itch…  and in the spirit of halloween, I give you…  the first hobgoblins I’ve ever painted!  (the first completed hobbies for my chaos dwarfs…)

(boy these macro pics really point out any painting imperfections… ha!)

one bolt thrower down, 1 to go!  next up though is painting my other classic era chaos dwarfs… as they are just screaming for paint!  the Rhakam guys will just have to wait!

dncswlf:

And now, What better way to celebrate Halloween then these two!!!  Gotta love these guys:

Khardang Bloodsucker

and Foaming Mad Furrikson

I finally figured out a color I was happy with to highlight the black of their beards, a nice deep midnight blue, just barely noticeable… but I think it adds just the right amount of depth!

Love these guys…  All the classic era sculpts… so awesome!  I tallied up my collection, I am “only” missing  42 of the classic era pieces…  mm90s, D3s and C16s…  I’m trying to fight the ebay urge!  must. complete. collection…

Da Crusha:

I think most of your models would really take nicely a wash of devlun mud to give some shading, especially around their eyes.