[Archive] Do CD females have tusks?

MadHatter:

I’m planning to include atleast one female character in my army to give it more flavor and make it more suggestive.

I found this on the CDO wiki under dwarfs:

Female dwarfs are very rarely seen outside dwarf realms which has led many people to believe that dwarf males can have babies or that dwarf women have beards. However Gamesworkshop have released several models in the past depicting female dwarves, such and Blood Bowl cheerleaders and Queen Helgar. These models, like their male couterparts, are heavily built, armed and armoured; they are muscular and grim, but instead of long beards have long hair wound into similar braids, worn beneath the helmet which they treasure as greatly as males do their beard.

In my mind the big hat is a male thing, however I wonder wether or not they have tusks? I’m leaning towards yes, would be interested to hear what you guys think!

Admiral:

I’m sure they have tusks, and horns sometimes, just like the males do. They’d just tend to be smaller and perhaps a bit less common.

Roark:

Stylistically I would go with exactly what Admiral said, although I can’t think of any reason why they would mutate less than males. Was it Hashut or the ancient storm of chaos that set the physical changes in motion?

fattdex:

Sorta NSFW

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagina_dentata

Bloodbeard:

I would say yes. Bit perhaps a bit smaller tusks and horns. The chaos dwarfs have mutated with beastlike - mainly bull features.

So like any other animal I think the male should be bigger, bigger tusks, bigger horns. So show strength and power.

Females should habe the characteristics. Only smaller.

Yodrin:

I am sure they so, sadly…

Bloodbeard:

So my entire drive to work, went thinking about this post. We don’t have that much knowledge about female dwarfs. So it pretty much up to us to make it up.

Here’s some of the thoughts I had. Questions, followed by my own answers. If there is any official material on chaos dwarf women (or dwarf women) other than the above please link it.

Are there a lot of chaos dwarf women?

My guess is no. I think there’s more men than women in that society. We knoe from Thamurkhan that there’s not alot chaos dwarfs. The regular dwarves number are in decline. The chaos dwarfs have seen a slow increase in numbers. Properly through tactics. Only choosing enemies that are weak, not fighting pointlessly and sending in hordes of slaves - before even endangering chaos dwarfs.

Dwarfs live long and get few children. Chaos Dwarves properly get even less than their good kind. Not much love and time for happy marriage in Zharr Naggrund.

These factors aside, another obvious reason for a slow increase (and decline with regular dwarves) is a general lack of women.

Place in society

I don’t think Dawi Zharress’ has any say in politics, religion or war. We havn’t seen any models of mentions of this anywhere. I do think that there’s a rather large amount of prestige in having a Dawi Zharress or even a harem of females. Lords, heroes, mighty warriors or champions having a female or more. Females being able to choose the chaos dwarves with power and prestige.

We know chaos dwarfs hold the same virtues as regular dwarfs. Ancestry, lineage, honour (in their own twisted way). So I should mean a lot to be able to get your line to move on through history (of cause there’s still no family happy jibbajabba). I think parenting is more like in 300 - letting them try to survive some pretty evil stuff.

The religious part

According to Thamurkhan the Bull Centaurs are regarded as holy beasts. Resembling Hashut more than anybody else. The Bull Centaur calf being taken by priest of hashut the minute they are born.

I think it would make sense that the females that give birth to such mighty beasts are held in a high regard. Perhaps being taken to live in temples. Lying on palanquins, being courted and hoped to bring more bull centaurs to the world.

I have this idea of a Bull Centaur mother unitfiller. At female being carried on a palanquin by bull centaurs.

Thoughts? Comments?

Admiral:

Thoughts? Comments?

Bloodbeard
There'd probably be about as many women in Chaos Dwarf society as in ordinary Dwarf society. In most fantasy worlds it's about 1/3 of all Dwarfs since Tolkien.

I agree completely with the higher castes having harems, but I think one factor in the long term success of Dawi Zharr besides ingenuity, preserving tactics and overwhelming firepower is their amount of children. That number should be higher than ordinary Dwarfs'.

Sorcerer-Prophets have power of life and death over their minions, and I'm sure they'd want to see above much else a constant increase in their valuable Chaos Dwarf underling population. Mere expectations from the overlord for growing families probably have great bearing in the private lives of minions in this strongly hierarchical society.

Even with careful stratagems and thick armour the entirely lethal Dark Lands and any outside enemies take their tolls on the Chaos Dwarf population, as do the crewing of Hellcannons and probably other hellish constructs as well. That would call for a succesful imperial society like Chaos Dwarfs to adapt by replacing losses faster than they accumulate. As hinted in the "what a Chaos Dwarf mother told her daughter" fluff piece in the log.

Nice idea for Bull Centaur mothers. It could work, although one's interpretation of these things is up to personal taste. Thommy H had a rather more grimdark take on it. :yar

Abecedar:

I agree. Definitely horns and tusks.

I know… My wife has them. well at least until she’s finished her second coffee in the morning.

Dînadan:

The religious part
According to Thamurkhan the Bull Centaurs are regarded as holy beasts. Resembling Hashut more than anybody else. The Bull Centaur calf being taken by priest of hashut the minute they are born.

I think it would make sense that the females that give birth to such mighty beasts are held in a high regard. Perhaps being taken to live in temples. Lying on palanquins, being courted and hoped to bring more bull centaurs to the world.

I have this idea of a Bull Centaur mother unitfiller. At female being carried on a palanquin by bull centaurs.

Thoughts? Comments?

Bloodbeard
You're assuming that the mother would survive the birth - I think it's more likely they'd die in the process. Considering the unusual size and shape of a bull centaur 'calf', unless Chaos Dwarf females have mutated...'plumbing'...they're probably not well equipped to birth one and hence such a birth would probably involve a Caesarian which in real life was fatal to the mother until fairly recently. Even with dwarfen women being hardier than human women, I think the survival rate is not in the mothers' favour.

Now, a female bull centaur on the other hand... Assuming there are occasionally female bull centaurs born (or cow centaurs I suppose would be the correct name), unless they're sterile they'd be able to survive giving birth to a calf. They'd probably be reveared like in your idea but with an element of existing purely as breeding stock mixed in.

Kera foehunter:

Most of the stuff that was ever wrote about dwarfs Female where by men :hat off

no tusk no beards just a woman that will rip your beating heart out of you chest while she smile at you…

I believe they are enchantress using there power to enslave all that would cast there eyes on them

so this is why they are hidden from the masses as the same as there chaos dwarf female history…

Even hashut dares not seek out the female dwarfs He found them perfect the way they are

I have made it my passion to promote female dwarfs of all kind

Kera foehunter:

The religious part

Thoughts? Comments?

Bloodbeard
Now, a female bull centaur on the other hand... Assuming there are occasionally female bull centaurs born (or cow centaurs I suppose would be the correct name), unless they're sterile they'd be able to survive giving birth to a calf.  They'd probably be reveared like in your idea but with an element of existing purely as breeding stock mixed in.

Dînadan
lol i have  A cow centaur:hat off

Admiral:

Cow Centaurs must exist. Both the males and females’ existence would indeed be very simple. They’re both revered as sacred creatures of Hashut and the temple, they eat things raw and aside from that the males are killing machines and the females the opposite.

Cow centaurs would be too valuable to risk at a battlefield, and their involvement in a battle would be a shameful sign of the utmost desperation to the Dawi Zharr, like during the great Black Orc rebellion. They’d probably not be far behind their Bull Centaur mates in fighting prowess, though. Since it’s Chaos involved they wouldn’t be just docile animals, but ferocious beasts like the males and completely dangerous for any non-Bovine Centaur.

Admiral:

Most of the stuff that was ever wrote about dwarfs Female where by men :hat off

no  tusk   no beards  just a woman that will rip  your beating heart out of you chest  while she smile at you..
I believe they are enchantress using there power to enslave  all that would cast there eyes on them
so this  is why they are hidden from  the masses as the same as there chaos dwarf female history..
Even hashut  dares not seek out the female dwarfs He found them perfect the way they are

I have made it my passion to promote female dwarfs of all kind

Kera foehunter
Perhaps, but wouldn't Chaos Dwarf men be more enchanted by tusked women? Chaos Dwarfs' views of beauty would probably differ some from human ones.

But considering Queen Helga's stern expression (one of the only female Dwarfs produced by GW) I guess Hashut wouldn't dare mutate CD women if they all looked that hard. :hat off

MadHatter:

lol i have  A cow centaur:hat off

Kera foehunter
Brilliant! As bullcentaurs are sacred, would it be proper to say "holy cow"? sending some slaves to help her get a paintjob!

My idea is to base a Deathmask on the dwarf cheerleader, slam on a regular axe and shield instead of the pompoms and make some greenstuff tusks. I'd weave up some story about her being the generals religious-fanatic daughter gone berzerk (and that she's actually that crazy that he silently wishes her to fall on the battlefield), I plan to have her move up to the rank as the army's non-bsb castellan once I get a second unit :)

I imagine that crazy stare she's already got will work well with tusks and wargear

MadHatter:

So my entire drive to work, went thinking about this post. We don't have that much knowledge about female dwarfs. So it pretty much up to us to make it up.

Here's some of the thoughts I had. Questions, followed by my own answers. If there is any official material on chaos dwarf women (or dwarf women) other than the above please link it.

Bloodbeard
I believe that's about all there is, to my knowledge, there might be something in the novells but I still havent read any of them!
Are there a lot of chaos dwarf women?
My guess is no. I think there's more men than women in that society. We knoe from Thamurkhan that there's not alot chaos dwarfs. The regular dwarves number are in decline. The chaos dwarfs have seen a slow increase in numbers. Properly through tactics. Only choosing enemies that are weak, not fighting pointlessly and sending in hordes of slaves - before even endangering chaos dwarfs.

Dwarfs live long and get few children. Chaos Dwarves properly get even less than their good kind. Not much love and time for happy marriage in Zharr Naggrund.

These factors aside, another obvious reason for a slow increase (and decline with regular dwarves) is a general lack of women.

Bloodbeard
Now this made me thinking... The Chaos Dwarfs are partly conservative but when it comes to solving problems the old values seem to kinda fly out the window... As marriage is a thing that can be tinkered with wouldn't it be possible this slow increase compared to the dwarfs slow decrease is the product of social engineering?

OT: This sending in the hordes of slaves first should sooo have been reflected better in the tamurkhan armylist... Had it been me I would even have considered actual Chaos Dwarfs being excluded entirely as a core-choice and consisted of a blended slavehorde, orcs and hobbos...
Place in society
I don't think Dawi Zharress' has any say in politics, religion or war. We havn't seen any models of mentions of this anywhere. I do think that there's a rather large amount of prestige in having a Dawi Zharress or even a harem of females. Lords, heroes, mighty warriors or champions having a female or more. Females being able to choose the chaos dwarves with power and prestige.

We know chaos dwarfs hold the same virtues as regular dwarfs. Ancestry, lineage, honour (in their own twisted way). So I should mean a lot to be able to get your line to move on through history (of cause there's still no family happy jibbajabba). I think parenting is more like in 300 - letting them try to survive some pretty evil stuff.

Bloodbeard
I see clans guarding their females pretty aggressively... However 3 possibilities really, I see one option of a grim breeding perspective and one where females live rather free and promiscuously (explaining the why of the big hats).

I think it would be safe to say that most of the hard work of parenthood would be seen to by slaves. One thing to consider are the female subsocieties that have always held power in secret (OT: I wonder how many "bitch-offs" thats been behind war and murder in history).

In any case I think that every clan needs to keep their females happy and healthy or chained, it's one case or the other I believe. I see a third option which would make sense of the marriage-part (we know for a fact that the sorcerers tinker with birth, breeding bullcentaurs in an unnatural way, I think this is a slight give-away that "normal marriage" is unlikely in CD society aswell as solidifying the fact that we do tinker even with births and what's holy) wouldn't it be possible they also have speeded up birth of regular dwarfs? Skaven-gene injections? Magic? Premature births overseen by twisted machinery?
The religious part

Thoughts? Comments?

Bloodbeard
I agree :)

MadHatter:

If there is any official material on chaos dwarf women (or dwarf women) other than the above please link it.

Bloodbeard
From the dictionary:

Rinn - A lady Dwarf or king's consort (Khazalid)

tjub:

Sure they have tusks!

Kera foehunter:

there is none on female dwarfs because i hasn’t had time to write it…

we have talk about this topis but not much has been done

i’m willing to work on this ! i have idea but i suck at putting this in to a book… Im not like thommy H i was blessed with good looks not the abilty to tell a good tail

But anyone welcome to help me with this

Kera foehunter:

Sure they have tusks!

tjub
**Kera kick tjub in the shins*
Shhhhh you
:hat off
happy birthday