[Archive] Do you get beat alot in warhammer

Auretious Taak:

I change armies a bit, play for flavour over power, and usually can't help but tell everyone what I'm putting in my army before they write the lists for theirs.

This year I've yet to win. Only one draw.

Mordheim on the other hand...

Fallen246
You haven't played me yet Fallen246, in Mordheim that is...Cancon, go to Cancon, I'll go to Cancon, then we have 3 evenings of getting drunk and playing drunken Mordheim in time for warhammer games the next day lol. :p

As an aside but kind of related, what everhappened with the 300 themed game of Dwarf's vs everything else?

Auretious Taak.

kk2k2:

A lot? No. I win more often than I lose, which has been true under 7th ed rules since my third game.

On occasion? Certainly.

I try to learn from losses, however. My last two losses (well, 2 of 3) I got a rematch and showed that it was purely a tactical error on my part. (I play very aggressively and with high movement armies; one loss was to throwing my Lord into his and getting minced, the other was to not allocating my Lord to silencing the Organ Gun; no, these were not both against Dwarfs)

I’ve been improving my A-game as much as possible this year, and I think looking at my losses and figuring out how I screwed them up (rather than how my list sucks) really helps.

Like I said though, I do still lose. Everyone does.

Fallen246:

As an aside but kind of related, what everhappened with the 300 themed game of Dwarf's vs everything else?

Auretious Taak.

Auretious Taak
Results should be ready soon, we've already had the first emmissary dead, two slaves hordes - the second with enough arrows (or bolts in this case) to blot out the sun, next is Da Immortalz then monsters then EVERYTHING.

Or more to be added. Dunno yet, it is taking a while.

I should post all the results here... That's what you can remind me to do.

Cryonicleech:

Lose? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA! I AM THE TRUE SON OF CHAOS! I NEVER LOSE, FOR DEATH IS MY SOLE PURPOSE, AND FOR EVERY DROP OF BLOOD, I AM ONLY MADE STRONGER!!!

but in all serious, I don’t lose more than I win, but I have lost before. I used to switch armies too much, until Dark Elves came into my life. But I can’t really be called a superior tactician, as my only opponents so far have been 2 wood elf players (who were new) and my friend who plays bretonnia (such and idiot, claims he won a tourney when he never beats me, doesn’t want to buy the main rulebook, thinks lesser daemons have a 0+ armor save, thinks killing blow works on any successful wound, you can see where I am going with this)

speedygogo:

I lose more games than I win but I am almost a 50-50 player. I also play in a highly competative gaming group with really good player. I am a totally hobbist and usually don’t care about winning. I just want to play fun games. The thing that gets me is when people play a new player and blow them apart and then are proud of it. That type of attitude just forces people out of the hobby.