[Archive] Dogs of War(2)

Willmark:

So considering their fate is much like ours… Who plays them and why? If not, why don’t you?

Reason I’m bringing this up is here:
http://s10.invisionfree.com/Inquisition_De_Cobre

We need to start raising the status of all of the neglected armies. The more interest the more willingness to address them, the more willingness the more it will happen and so on. My mantra for this year: “A rising tide lifts all boats”, we are all in this together.

So stop in and lets see if we can get these guys moving along as well. If anything it helps out the greater cause of Warhammer as a whole.

Even if we decide not to help them as a community there is nothing to stop helping them as individuals so that’s why I intend to do.

BilboBaggins:

I technically could field one but I never have. I know of two or three people who have played them (and I played against one of them) in the pastbut I haven’t seen them recently.

Servius:

------

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Willmark:

Cool, now who has photos of there Dogs of War units?

Kera foehunter:

i do slayer pirates there on this site !! i am my own D o w army

Willmark:

Great start posting them on the DoW forum I mentioned, cross pollination, especially in the case of Chaos Dwarfs in DoW form is a great thing. So join there and post them if you are so inclined.

furrie:

I don’t realy play them, I don’t know why I don’t play them.

Kera foehunter:

whooooo i don’t know if they can handle the like of me!!!

maybe it might take some slaves!!! to get me to join that group of priveteers

but the good news i be over there !! and you can have a kera free site

Willmark:

Why would you want to leave here???

I have no intention of promoting other sites for that reason. My intention is to promote Warhammer in general, Chaos Dwarfs Online, the Chaos Star and Dogs of War; not necessarily in that order either.

Doing this raises our standing indirectly and helps us in the long run. Just one of the thoughts out of here: https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/9576

Kera foehunter:

i would never leave this group of bad boys!!

Merchant:

Well I had started an army - but then the Ogre Kingdom came - I stopped, mostly because it was the Ogres, Halfling & dwarfs that made me start in the first place. But taking the new Ogres against the old, and the DOW’ Ogres will lose - so now I just use the rules of the halfling and the now Ogres as an add to my CD army :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Spread the word, helping the forgotten armies of warhammer helps us all in the end.

AGPO:

I use DoW units in most of my armies, but I’ve never tried fielding a force of them

Maul:

I love pikemen, but it was the high elf spearmen that lured me away 3 ranks, shields, move 5. I have recently been struggling with high elf list because of the lack of cheap troops. I am spoiled by 2 pt hobgoblins. High elves do not have anything cheaper then the spearmen 9 pts each.

I am working my way back to my dogs of war, but chaos dwarves are my priority at present because I will be playing them in a local 4 month league.

two_heads_talking:

Cool, now who has photos of there Dogs of War units?

Willmark
I'll get some posted up .. Although I'm in the process of selling them to someone, so officially, I guess I don't have a DOW army..

but I liked the Long Drong slayers and lUmpin crop and hobgoblin wolf rider units..

Dannyfave:

I am in a lot of forums (mainly Ulthuan and Empire) and I think it is funny that whenever I get to a new forum the topic at hand is always at the top of the warhammer fantasy talk list.

I played Dogs in 5th ed (big accomplishment as there were no plastic models and I was only 12) and I sorley mis them having their own dedicated book… I actualy had a look through th DOW book the other day and was wondering “why the hell would GW get rid of these guys”? But I guess that they got rid of the Chaos Dwarfs aswell so why even try to figure out their logic.

Willmark:

All the more reason to support all armies and let none of them fall by the wayside, now who wants to promote tomb Kings??? :wink:

two_heads_talking:

Tomb Kings promote themselves… ByE!!

BilboBaggins:

I have the list on my computer in pdf form but I also have Warhammer Chronicles 2004 in with all my army books.

Maybe I should make a DoW list and use my Empire and Dwarf armies to fill it out for fun. Just what I need, another army that GW states isn’t tournament legal. I knew I should have bought some Kislev models when I could.

Willmark:

I have the list on my computer in pdf form but I also have Warhammer Chronicles 2004 in with all my army books.

Maybe I should make a DoW list and use my Empire and Dwarf armies to fill it out for fun. Just what I need, another army that GW states isn't tournament legal. I knew I should have bought some Kislev models when I could.

BilboBaggins
LMAO worthy of some slaves methinks. *get the keys to the slave pen*