[Archive] Dwarfs(1)

cornixt:

He used the wookie defense! There is no way you can lose with that!

Servius:

Thommy, well that was my response to him… for his second comment… The Email post was a post more in response to Bilbo. As he pretty much asked someone too…

Im sorry I didnt just edit my second post… I feel editing posts after someone has posted after it is out of line…

BilboBaggins:

Thommy, well that was my response to him.. for his second comment.. The Email post was a post more in response to Bilbo. As he pretty much asked someone too..

Servius
I was semi-joking about contacting them. I figured the way I play them is the correct way (only 2 dispel dice). I even came up with a logical explanation.
Im sorry I didnt just edit my second post... I feel editing posts after someone has posted after it is out of line..

Servius
Editing posts can be dangerous, especially since I've seen 3 people post while I'm just typing a post , let alone an edit.

Servius:

------

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

CheTralfara:

So far it’s been implied that i said something “stupid” and that i’m some kind of rules lawyering “jerk”. Niiiiiiice…

The black hole comment was dead on.

The whole “are your crazy?” is really ridiculous, I know you didn’t write it servius, but it’s pretty ridiculous to act like it’s crazy to ask for clarification on an army that has had nearly zero updates since RH, but is still somehow expected to be workable in 6th edition… albiet unsupported.

Cornixt, thank you for bringing up that table. I’d definitely agree that the table seems to settle the case… However I’d still say that whether or not Chaos Dwarfs should have a magic resistance is something that GW should put considerable thought into when creating an update of the Chaos Dwarf army, considering all the fluff they have put out saying that Chaos Dwarfs are magically resistant dwarfs that became mildly corrupted. I’d also say that the creators of the rulebook should’ve been more careful with their wording, or made an effort to remember that there are 2 “armies of dwarfs” in warhammer.

Seriously guys, I think we can end this now? I’ve conceded. See above. Repeat. I’ve conceded. No one is trying to muff up your games of warhammer. No one is trying to bend the rules to beat you!

Servius, you can’t lose the game if someone who has lost the game, is proclaiming something about the game. If you know about the game, you are still playing the game. You play the game FOR LIFE. If you choose to sit out, you are just benched, that’s it. It’s impossible to consciously make someone lose the game without thinking of the game yourself, and therefore losing the game. So I conclude it you who have lost my friend, YOU!

.nick

p.s. remember when someone loses the game, they and everyone around them has a 30 minute grace period to forget that it even exists!

Ancient History:

So far it's been implied that i said something "stupid" and that i'm some kind of rules lawyering "jerk". Niiiiiiice...

CheTralfara
Ye gods and hairy fishes, not everything is about you. Stop taking every bloody offhand comment as a personal attack.

two_heads_talking:

So far it's been implied that i said something "stupid" and that i'm some kind of rules lawyering "jerk". Niiiiiiice...

CheTralfara
Ye gods and hairy fishes, not everything is about you. Stop taking every bloody offhand comment as a personal attack.

Ancient History
Amen! I pointed this out in another post. some people will find something to be offended about just for the sake of creating strawmen. It's easy to get offended, it's quite another thing to deal with differing opinions.. lol

CheTralfara:

Ancient History
The stupid and jerk comments were directed at me.. read above. but i digress i don't care. I was only pointing out that despite my plea to kill this off while it was peaceful, people couldn't resist dumbing it down to insults and attacks on character. lame.

Ancient History, I just read your wiki on the dispel dice and i think you did a great job. It leaves out some of the lesser arguments and counteraruements i mentioned, but i think the most significant and main points were written eloquently and perfectly. Thank you for that (I mean that as a thank you from the chaos dwarf community. not from my rules-lawyering self ;) )

edit for talking heads: i'm not actually offended by any of it. it usually takes yourself to make a conscious decision to be offended. i just think it's sad that we can't have debates without reducing to that.

Servius:

------

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

BilboBaggins:

I agree it is.. Usually, I only edit to reform sentences so they make sense.. Russian is my First and Native language so at times I form sentences as if I am speaking Russian.. which gets confusing. Just seeing the Edit Tag at the bottom of a post with 6 or so posts below with earlier timestamps makes me wonder if that was indeed the post that was there originally. I have seen people on other boards do it and get banned so I error on the side of caution and don't do it.

Servius
English is my only language (I claim I'm not smart enough to learn another language) but I type confusing things at times too.

I read (and then re-read) my posts before I hit send. I usually only edit for spelling, sometimes the spell checker misses things because the mis-spelled word is another real word.

cornixt:

Calm down guys.

The next time someone mentions something in this thread that even implies something negative about anyone, it will be locked.

Ancient History:

My temper gets the best of me sometimes. CheTralfara, I apologize for getting angry at you. 'Twas not to be done.

tjub:

Firstly you probably had alot of members who thought it best not to get involved because we had admins and mods making what could be taken as a threat.

CheTralfara
Jösses, this arguing is pointless and you just dont want to take no for an answere.
That was a stupid thing to say considering the last few weeks....

tjub
I didnt call you stupid, simply said it was a unnecessary and stupid comment. The main reason not to post here is that its got nowhere...

CheTralfara:

never said you called me stupid. s’all good :slight_smile:

going nowhere isn’t a reason to not post, or even close it. if it’s going nowhere then why would people still be posting (although i do agree the debate on this has ended a while back, not that the question isn’t still unanswered wholly). if it’s going nowhere, then why not try and make it go somewhere :stuck_out_tongue:

where’s it supposed to go anyhow? ??? i just confused myself…

how bout we take it here: if chaos dwarfs get an army book, should they receive a +2 DD bonus? Keep in mind, just because you have magic users doesn’t mean your at some kind of advantage over the dwarf army (in turn making them need the +2 DDs… no no no)… cuz remember they still get DD for every runelord and smithy!

My personal opinion is that since the fluff seems to support this idea that chaos dwarfs are only minimally corrupted because of their magic resistence… if they are gonna keep the fluff idea, then they should at least represent their magic resistence somewhat in the rules… however they should definitely account for the fact that CD armies have greenskins too (who are not resistant)… maybe only +1 DD…

We’re talkin about Chaos Dwarfs in a whole new army book form here, not whether or not the RH list would be good with the DD bonus.

I’d also like to point out how I don’t really understand this concept of chaos dwarfs being less corrupted thanks to some in-born MR… As they don’t even live near the realm of chaos but have some how been so disfigured as to have huge protruding under-bite jaw tusks… but yet Marauders still look like humans for the most part! Shouldn’t marauders have some sort of unified amount of disfigurement/mutation??

btw i just experienced a 5 minute or so downtime where chaos-dwarfs.com wouldn’t load… remember how admins were asking about that? it’s still happening… (i don’t have this problem anywhere else. i am running firefox on win xp)

Thommy H:

White Dwarf presents: Chaos Dwarf specifically says that they traded their resistance to magic for sorcerous powers as an explanation for why they don’t get any bonuses to dispelling. So there really isn’t any precedent for the idea that they’re “minimally corrupted” and still retain a (fluff) resistance to spells. Of course, that could easily change in a new incarnation of Chaos Dwarfs, but the existing background is pretty clear about it.

two_heads_talking:

White Dwarf presents: Chaos Dwarf specifically says that they traded their resistance to magic for sorcerous powers as an explanation for why they don't get any bonuses to dispelling. So there really isn't any precedent for the idea that they're "minimally corrupted" and still retain a (fluff) resistance to spells. Of course, that could easily change in a new incarnation of Chaos Dwarfs, but the existing background is pretty clear about it.

Thommy H
That's exactly right. The precedent has been set, and there's no reason to ignore it, just because we can't see it.. Get ahold of a copy of the book and take a look see..

Thanks Thommy, I was trying to remember where I'd read that.. I couldn't remember if it was in a White Dwarf or the compilation or what.

AGPO:

Well if you reference previous editions all the precedant is quiteclearly in favour of Chaos Dwarfs NOT getting any extra dispel dice:

- Dwarf magic resistance goes right te way back through the various versions of Warhammer. It has not once been applied to chaos dwarfs.

- The edition of Warhammer Armies: Dwarfs published for 4th/5th edition (the same era as WDP:CD) Included rules for natural magic resistance. WDP has no such rules.

- The ravening hordes dwarf list contains bonus dispel dice, the Chaos Dwarf list does not.

- In sixth edition, the extra dispel dice for dwarfs were explained as “compensating for not having any magic phases of their own.” This is not a problem for chaos dwarfs.

- When asked in a Q&A whether Chaos Dwarfs are part of the same species as dwarfs, Gav Thorpe said they were not.

two_heads_talking:

Well if you reference previous editions all the precedant is quiteclearly in favour of Chaos Dwarfs NOT getting any extra dispel dice:

- Dwarf magic resistance goes right te way back through the various versions of Warhammer. It has not once been applied to chaos dwarfs.
- The edition of Warhammer Armies: Dwarfs published for 4th/5th edition (the same era as WDP:CD) Included rules for natural magic resistance. WDP has no such rules.
- The ravening hordes dwarf list contains bonus dispel dice, the Chaos Dwarf list does not.
- In sixth edition, the extra dispel dice for dwarfs were explained as "compensating for not having any magic phases of their own." This is not a problem for chaos dwarfs.
- When asked in a Q&A whether Chaos Dwarfs are part of the same species as dwarfs, Gav Thorpe said they were not.

AGPO
What else would you suggest we reference if not 'prior' editions, as those are references. I'm not saying that GW won't change their mind, but you have to start somewhere and quite frankly, when I make and omelet, I like to use eggs, not some fabricated chemical agent.

not arguing with you here, just stating where I'm coming from.

BilboBaggins:

In 3rd edition Dwarfs had wizards. 4th and later they are Magicless with natural magic resistance.

two_heads_talking:

In 3rd edition Dwarfs had wizards. 4th and later they are Magicless with natural magic resistance.

BilboBaggins
that's correct, so using all the presedence/reference is needed.. and techinically dwarfs do have wizards, they call them rune lords. (/wink)