[Archive] Dwarfs incoming

Chico:

Sorry not impressed, the Slayer just looks weird to my eyes, and the Hammer’s are just plain Ugh

thewizardofoz:

Actually I have to agree with that the slayer isn’t right, it is something about his feet on the statue - maybe if he was just standing normal clenched in anger covered in blood maybe.

Kera foehunter:

There all around bad pictures…This is what happens when you think about the new addition of any figures they never live up to what you think they should…

But we might get our slayer army back and that worth the shity figures gw will have… All i have to do is blow the dust of mine

Admiral:

There all around bad pictures..This is what happens when you think about the new addition of any figures they never live up to what you think they should..[/QUOTE]

It's best not to have any expectations whatsoever for future release. I'll rather be positively surprised than needlessly disappointed due to mere expectation.
But  we might get our slayer army back  and that worth the shity figures gw will have.. All i have to do is blow the dust of mine

Kera foehunter

Kera foehunter
That's one of the winner questions. Will a Slayer army be viable once again? If so, then thank you GW! If not, it wasn't expected to begin with.

Now let's see how many editions it takes before Dwarf Brewmasters become a hero choice in the army book... :P

GDD:

I agree on the proportions on the hammerers, but I actually do like the armor a lot. The only thing I dislike about the slayer is his pose.
As stated before here it makes it looks like he is some kind of ninja war dancer.

What really worries me is that in a quarter of a picture featuring three models… TWO of them is the exact same model…

If all else fails I am throwing my cash at Avatars of War.

Baggronor:

I just hope the Hammerers have more than one pose; HW+Shield guys or shooters look good in mono-pose as that’s how those troop types fight but elite, great weapon-wielding badasses should be in more varied and heroic poses imo.

The ones I really want to see are the Ironbreakers. Really interested in the armour designs.

timurbannipal:

The lord on the cover of WD is a multi part kit. A little like the Empire general/bsb set. Looks like there’s MASSIVE opportunity for conversion. I can’t actually remember being this excited about a release since , well since Tamurkhan. This is a link to view the sprues.

Blogger

Heavygear:

I just hope the Hammerers have more than one pose; HW+Shield guys or shooters look good in mono-pose as that's how those troop types fight but elite, great weapon-wielding badasses should be in more varied and heroic poses imo.

The ones I really want to see are the Ironbreakers. Really interested in the armour designs.

Baggronor
The rumor I heard was that the hammerers and Iron Breakers were the same kit with different heads and weapons arms. If this is true that would put them in a similar pose to infernal guard I think. Leading with the shield in the left hand and a handweapon in the right in a raised position. The Ironbreakers are supposed to have a full armor helm and mask with no skin showing and barely any beard showing either. I'm looking forward to seeing these as well. They might make a nice unit of Ironsworn.

Xx9millxX:

The lord on the cover of WD is a multi part kit. A little like the Empire general/bsb set. Looks like there's MASSIVE opportunity for conversion. I can't actually remember being this excited about a release since , well since Tamurkhan. This is a link to view the sprues.

http://astropate.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/belegar-martello-di-ferro-e-un-vecchio.html

timurbannipal
Awesome link .. Does look pretty cool

zetaplus:

The lord on the cover of WD is a multi part kit. A little like the Empire general/bsb set. Looks like there's MASSIVE opportunity for conversion. I can't actually remember being this excited about a release since , well since Tamurkhan. This is a link to view the sprues.

http://astropate.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/belegar-martello-di-ferro-e-un-vecchio.html

timurbannipal
The sprues are not the model on the cover of WD. They're an old command kit that was never released.

Xander:

Pretty intrigued so far. Could this reignite my interest in Warhammer which has been waning of late?

I too fear that the hammerers and iron breakers will be the same kit with head and weapon swaps.

AndyG:

timurbannipal
The sprues are not the model on the cover of WD. They're an old command kit that was never released.

zetaplus
Yep, that is not the same sprue, there is no back banner, no head that matches and no hammer the same as pictured.

richard barby:

i have heard its longbeards and hammerers duel kit. im kind of hoping they have something new about there army not just a re hash of 6th ed dwarfs. would be nice to see more than just an anti magic phase and a war machine phase becoming a combat army as well would be nice. fluff wise there should be almost as good as a chaos warrior in combat

new hero looks good

slayer unsure to be fair

Admiral:

I’d like to see that as well, richard barby. I’ve mainly played my Dwarfs aggressively as a combat army. It’s ridiculously slow, laughably ineffective (at least in my hands), but still quite fun.

Xx9millxX:

i have heard its longbeards and hammerers duel kit. im kind of hoping they have something new about there army not just a re hash of 6th ed dwarfs. would be nice to see more than just an anti magic phase and a war machine phase becoming a combat army as well would be nice. fluff wise there should be almost as good as a chaos warrior in combat

new hero looks good
slayer unsure to be fair

richard barby
I believe I heard somewhere that hammers or long beards or one of them they will will be str.4 with an armor save or whatever infernal guard is ..

snowblizz:

I believe I heard somewhere that hammers or long beards or one of them they will will be str.4 with an armor save or whatever infernal guard is ..

Xx9millxX
Or in other words, just like they are now... All the Dwarf elites are S4.

FYI
Longbeards/Hammerers, �,�40 10 Dwarfs.
The hammerers are armed with large double handed hammers and have the options to take a shield. The Longbeards can be armed with hand weapons and shields or double handed axes

And the pictured Dwarfs are plastic and characters.
Belegar Ironhammer Single Plastic Miniature
Dwarf Dragonslayer Single Plastic Miniature

Baggronor:

Boom

Longbeards look pretty boss.

Admiral:

Wonderful Longbeards. They almost achieve the unthinkable feat of beating the metals. :cheers

gIL^:

I think were playing the wrong army guys :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

PFFFFFFFFFF the hammer long beards and iron breaker

bring on the slayers:cheers