[Archive] Dwarfs incoming

Admiral:

I think were playing the wrong army guys :D

gIL^
Speak for yourself. I've a Dwarf army in WHFB (plus Chaos Dwarfs), Lotr and even 40k. You don't need much else than Dwarfs! I've got it covered. :P

Kera foehunter:

I think were playing the wrong army guys :D

gIL^
Speak for yourself. I've a Dwarf army in WHFB (plus Chaos Dwarfs), Lotr and even 40k. You don't need much else than Dwarfs! I've got it covered. :P

Admiral
what about a slayer dwarf army and a female dwarf army

I do :hat off

Kera smiles

gashnag:

I believe I heard somewhere that hammers or long beards or one of them they will will be str.4 with an armor save or whatever infernal guard is ..

Xx9millxX
Or in other words, just like they are now... All the Dwarf elites are S4.

FYI
Longbeards/Hammerers, �,�40 10 Dwarfs.
The hammerers are armed with large double handed hammers and have the options to take a shield. The Longbeards can be armed with hand weapons and shields or double handed axes

And the pictured Dwarfs are plastic and characters.
Belegar Ironhammer Single Plastic Miniature
Dwarf Dragonslayer Single Plastic Miniature

snowblizz
In the current Dwarf army Long beards are the only core that they have with Str 4 with Ironbreakers and Hammerers being the only specials with Str 4. Warriors, Thunderers, Quarrellers, Miners and regular Slayers are Str 3

GDD:

They had more heads and bodies, they just didn’t appear on the first picture… Thank Hashut (or Grimnir?).

They look absolutely FANTASTIC! I will forever hate myself for spending so much on the old models last year…

@gIL^ I play both! It’s the only way. More beards the better.

Yodrin:

Not the best pics but what I can see, I think they look very nice. I am not a dwarf player, but I would love to see a unit of new slayers with some good fluffy competative rules:)

snowblizz:

In the current Dwarf army Long beards are the only core that they have with Str 4 with Ironbreakers and Hammerers being the only specials with Str 4. Warriors, Thunderers, Quarrellers, Miners and regular Slayers are Str 3

gashnag
I know the stats thank you very much. And I said elites, not core or special.
Slayers are hard to peg since their strength is largely irrelevant in combat. It's not on the stats of the basic slayer but in practice they work on a S4+ basis.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Are they longbeards or ironbreakers?

Who cares, they look awesome and resplendent in a truly dwarfy way. Very nice pieces - just whether or not I’m prepared to pay their prices now :wink:

snowblizz:

Are they longbeards or ironbreakers?

Hashut's Blessing
The kit is Longbeards and Hammerers.

Heavygear:

Admiral:

Nice pictures. It’s a small shame the Dwarfs lack cloth trims for their mail armour. That was ever a good touch and a perfect way to show army colours on Dwarfs. The leather grips of the weapons might rectify this cloth trim absence to some degree.

Heavygear:

Nice pictures. It's a small shame the Dwarfs lack cloth trims for their mail armour. That was ever a good touch and a perfect way to show army colours on Dwarfs. The leather grips of the weapons might rectify this cloth trim absence to some degree.

Admiral
You are correct. It seems the new dwarf army will be more metallic. The warriors are still the same kits so the clans will still have their colors.

Like the old metal models, the beards are the area I think you want to make stand out with color on these models.

Hashut’s Blessing:

snowblizz: in my defence, they are armoured enough to be ironbreakers really :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the one let down (from these pictures) is that there’s still too much swirly curve going on - too elf-like. It’s about angles for Dwarfs!

Sticklander:

‘We’ve come to the calm before the storm.’ - my Bank Account

cornixt:

Nice pictures. It's a small shame the Dwarfs lack cloth trims for their mail armour. That was ever a good touch and a perfect way to show army colours on Dwarfs. The leather grips of the weapons might rectify this cloth trim absence to some degree.

Admiral
Paint the bottom row of scales in your army colours. It works pretty well.

Heavygear:

'We've come to the calm before the storm.' - my Bank Account

Sticklander
Thankfully Chaos Dwarf players have mastered the art of the unit filler. How else do you squeeze a thirty man block out of ten dwarf models. LOL

furrie:

I don’t know the models just won’t do it for me, not my style

GDD:

The rules for Belegar leaked and he is insane…

I am guessing that there are rules against posting direct rule quotes, or scanns of the rules, so I’l just summarize…

"

M WS BS S T W I A Ld

3   8   4  4  5 3 4 4 10

He is stubborn, and he has a special rule that lets him double his attacks for one game turn.

His hammer gives him ASF and +1 to wound

His shield gives him a 4+ ward save, and immunity to KB and HKB.

"

This is info from one page, and it continues on the next page.

The model shows him on an oathstone, and he is in Gromnil armor with a shield, so he is atleast a 2+ Armor save.

AND HE COSTS 305PTS.

Admiral:

Sounds about right for any Dwarf. :cheers

Yodrin:

Sounds about right for any Dwarf. :cheers

Admiral
I agree, but then our Drazhoath and his gear should be better imo....

Grimstonefire:

As the heads for these guys are all entirely separate pieces, it would not take much for someone to make a set of CD themed heads to fit.

The scale armour is all fine obviously, the other details could be scraped off or painted less obviously.

A great set for CD conversion, were it not for the price…