[Archive] Dwarfs incoming

GDD:

The army rules have mostly been leaked. A charging dwarf army gets +1 S when charging.

(This is really interesting. It punishes players from getting out maneuvered by dwarfs.)

They hate greenskins and skaven, and on a d6 1-2 their general hates the opponents general (no matter what army), 3-4 all dwarf characters hate the opponents characters, on a 5-6 the entire army hates the other army.

The last one is to bring the fluff of grudges into the games. I like it.

snowblizz:

Not a bad way to get a bit more omph for Dwarfs for this edition. I know one guy who’s going to be happy.

timurbannipal:

I really, really like these models, and have been waiting for Dwarf heavy infantry to convert for what seems like forever. The problem I have though is for £7 more I can buy the FW ones, there are cheaper alternatives out there that are ‘dark dwarves’ or whatever. I really enjoy the modelling opportunities of the CDs which is why I will get them, but while my heart says yes, my head (and tbh wallet) say no.

Grimstonefire:

Something from Dakka:

So, I don’t know if this has been discussed already, but a LGS near me was accidentally selling next week’s White Dwarf early. The Dwarfs have a Gyrobomber coming, this kit also makes a new Gyrocopter. They are also getting a new Runelord, and Engineer Character, and the next White Dwarf has a picture of the new Dwarf Army Book. Also, if you look closely, you can see new Dwarf Ironbreakers. This new Ironbreakers kit also looks like it builds some kind of blunderbuss wielding shooting unit. This blunderbuss carrying unit might also have the option to build some kind of flamethrower gun, I’m not sure.

Heavygear:

Something from Dakka:
So, I don't know if this has been discussed already, but a LGS near me was accidentally selling next week's White Dwarf early. The Dwarfs have a Gyrobomber coming, this kit also makes a new Gyrocopter. They are also getting a new Runelord, and Engineer Character, and the next White Dwarf has a picture of the new Dwarf Army Book. Also, if you look closely, you can see new Dwarf Ironbreakers. This new Ironbreakers kit also looks like it builds some kind of blunderbuss wielding shooting unit. This blunderbuss carrying unit might also have the option to build some kind of flamethrower gun, I'm not sure.

Grimstonefire
It suddenly feels like Christmas!

Admiral:

I actually had a vague feeling that Dwarfs would receive some sort of blunderbuss for flavour, but we’ll see if the rumour about it turns out correct. A return of the Dwarf flamethrower will be hailed with raised tankard!

Hatred against Skaven is about bloody time!

Xander:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440004a&prodId=prod2380109a

These Dwarfs are pretty excellent and ripe for Chaos Dwarfs conversions! Wow!

JMR:

The new dwarves look an awfully lot like Chaos Dwarves. The scale-mail instead of chainmail. The overall shape of their armour…

Of course this only makes it less likely to see Chaos Dwarves returning to Games Workshop :slight_smile:

By the way, anyone else notice that their legs seem to be a lot longer than before?

Admiral:

The new dwarves look an awfully lot like Chaos Dwarves. The scale-mail instead of chainmail. The overall shape of their armour...

Of course this only makes it less likely to see Chaos Dwarves returning to Games Workshop :)

By the way, anyone else notice that their legs seem to be a lot longer than before?

JMR
Yes, and their proportions are less ball-like. Heads are also smaller. GW Dwarfs moves from 5th edition bowling Dwarfs towards Lotr Dwarfs proportions.

JMR:

Yeah, they’re overall more human-like.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Absolutely amazing kits, but I can’t justify that price. I may see if I can pick them up elsewhere at more reasonable cost, but £30 for 10 models is way out of my range.

I think it a little strange that they’ve removed a lot of customisability as well - you can either have hammerers with their standard equipment or longbeards with two-handed weapons (the choice is literally just hammers or axes): would’ve been nice for hand weapon/shield combo.

That being said, the axes are absolutely beautiful! The special character is amazing and I’m so happy that a smidge of greenstuff over the lughole for the back banner will allow the model to be greatly improved :smiley:

Very happy with the release, but hardpressed to find myself paying that price for them.

Admiral:

HB, I’m in the same position. Better watch Ebay in the years ahead.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’m actually very eager to buy them (despite not having disposable income at this present moment), but I’ll be looking for as big a discount as possible and fully expect it won’t be enough (since they’d need to be over a third off to be considered a little pricey).

RiTides:

I agree about the new kits, they’re very nice. Well done on that front, GW.

Yodrin:

They look great imo, not as static as before;)

cornixt:

Is it just me or do their arms look long enough that they could touch the floor without bending over?

At $50 for ten, there is no way I’d buy them even with my local store 20% discount. Plus I worry a bit about all the elite units looking a bit samey.

Admiral:

Is it just me or do their arms look long enough that they could touch the floor without bending over?

cornixt
Haven't that been true of GW Dwarfs for decades by now? :cheers

mireadur:

At $50 for ten, there is no way I'd buy them even with my local store 20% discount. Plus I worry a bit about all the elite units looking a bit samey.

cornixt
IS not just you. Unfortunately.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Well they’re not humans so their arms can be as long as GW wants.

What I’m curious to see is if it is going to be possible to use my Chaos Dwarfs as vanilla Dwarfs with only minor additions. I’d love to get a 2nd playable army out of this if it isn’t going to cost me an arm and a leg.

deadlydeceiver:

Hatred against Skaven is about bloody time!

Admiral
I would have been such a great move of GW if they gave them "Hatred: Chaos Dwarfs" x.x

That aside, I am interested, whether the rumoured blunderbusses will follow the same (or comparable) rules as ours and whether the weapons will fit on IG :)
Certainly we'll see several IG w/ GW-conversions based on the new dwarfs and, dependig on the models, blunderbussers.

DD