[Archive] DwarfTales is doing Evil Dwarfs - Volgars

Zanko:

I don’t like the helmet … reminds me of ugly sunglasses! :mad

The rest of the mini is quite cool! :~

They should change the helmet, then really worth to buy! :cheers

:hashut

Khunag:

Just a small message ;) I had a chat with Rafal from DwarfTales. He told me, that the next race will be humans (rather promising, too - look http://www.dwarftales.com/res/Nr9XN6HoTh/hussar01.jpg ;) ), but after that they will do the Volgar's

clam
That hussar is incredible... and he's from Cracow :P

Khan!:

Well, I am in love. That’s a fabulous sculpt.

Pyro Stick:

Damn i missed those first wip pics. I think this series of models is going to be awesome. They have a very unique look and its an interesting concept. I like how its skin has rock of somekind growing out of it. It definately looks like it could be a character from Zelda: Twilight Princess though. But i like that game so thats not a bad thing. Im really looking forward to seeing more.

Warhammerman:

These volgars are totally going to be awesome. The greens look excellent.

TwilightCo:

That’s awesome. Perhaps I’ll grab up some plastics and get converting after all.

Pyro Stick:

http://portal.dwarftales.com/galleries/

clam
This model is going to be available in January. I cant wait.

Khunag:

He looks a bit like Dr. Steel :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

mattbird:

I really like it!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Henroth:

clam

www.dwarftales.com
Nice illustration. :o I like.

Willmark:

Concept for the first Volgar Dwarf is up in the DwarfTales forum - first greens will be up soon :D

About his 'static pose' Kubasa wrote at the DwarfTales forum:
.. - it's pose may seem quite static, but it is intentional, as this is the �?oprologue�?� to the new race and I wanted all details to be extremely visible  Anyway �?" it�?Ts the dwarf, wicked and mutated but still the dwarf �?" so he mustn�?Tt wave his limbs all around as some tumbler or clown

Kubasa
I like this concept - this could be some quite interesting alternatives.

clam
Concept is definately interesting. I like the art but I think the proportions need a bit of refinement.

AGPO:

I love that model, but the bunny ears would HAVE to go. That would turn his headgear into proper helm which would look awesome on a daemon smith of some sort. Also, with the rocky protrusions on his back you could make a pretty cool interpretation of the whole ‘stone sorcerer’ fluff.

Pyro Stick:

I love that model, but the bunny ears would HAVE to go. That would turn his headgear into  proper helm which would look awesome on a daemon smith of some sort. Also, with the rocky protrusions on his back you could make a pretty cool interpretation of the whole 'stone sorcerer' fluff.

AGPO
It would loose its whole appeal if you were to remove the "bunny ears"

Borador:

It is a cool mini, but the axe reminds me of something… thinks of a drawing kubasa made

Not really my favorite mini though, it lacks a 3rd ed look =D but it looks very descent so I’ll moon over buying it.

Pyro Stick:

rrrrr this model is supposed to be out by now! Im getting so impatient waiting for it.

Da Crusha:

i love the back !!the way it looks like obsidian!! as he was forge out of lava
and also the bunny ears

Kera foehunter
aww the bunny ears, I couldn't quite figure out why I wasn't too fond of it.... but they seem like they'd be really easy to cut off... then I'd really like it!!!

Tyrelli:

http://portal.dwarftales.com/galleries/

clam
This model is going to be available in January. I cant wait.

Pyro Stick
That looks incredible ! .. I do love the idea of the gemstones / rock in the flesh .. perhaps GW Chaos Dwarfs could have a similar idea ((Gav did say about self harming)) so perhaps one idea might be like a Slayer type role with the CD self harming itself to look more agressive ((Scars, Hooks and blades for hands ect ..

This MIni goes well with the Avatars of War CD and Ashut

Revlid:

That’s a really nice model that’s perfect for Chaos Dwarfs - I’ll definitely be getting one.

But it’s past January now - has the release date been revised?

Pyro Stick:

That's a really nice model that's perfect for Chaos Dwarfs - I'll definitely be getting one.

But it's past January now - has the release date been revised?

Revlid
When it wasnt released in Januray i emailed them twice asking for a release date. The first time they said February, the second time they said Coming Soon. So i have no idea whats going on.

Alric:

Cool mini, I’d like to see more could use them for command models or special units if they are a bit bigger.