[Archive] DwarfTales is doing Evil Dwarfs - Volgars

clam:

The first Volgar is available from the DwarfTales store, now:

dwarftales.com is for sale | HugeDomains

at �,�7.00

And they also took the time to paint him up nicely:

Should I mention, that the first two Kislev warriors is up for sale, too?

Pyro Stick:

Damn you stole my awesome news! Ordering asap.

clam:

I did? I was so very sure that I started out this thread :wink: How can I be so wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

Borador:

Hmm nice paint job :open_mouth: might even have to order one now >< though would need to change the beard (a) this looks way to curly for my liking ;D

Edit: Ordered =D

Zanko:

Yes nice indeed!

Only the helmet isn’t the best …

Whatever! I will order one too!

:hashut

Pyro Stick:

Yes nice indeed!

Only the helmet isn't the best ...

Whatever! I will order one too!

:hashut

Zanko
I think the helmet is one of the most appealing things about it. Its unique and it looks like its straight out of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Anyway, ordered. Cant wait to get it.

Da Crusha:

Did anybody buy this guy? I might buy him some time soon, the model has been growing on me and now I want it really bad. I would also like to see what kind of color schemes you guys used for this guy. Im thinking about painting him like lava and his fur thing could be painted like fire.

Grimstonefire:

This is a very nice mini, but until I see some scale shots against GW dwarfs I will not buy it.

The hussars are a bit static.

Pyro Stick:

Did anybody buy this guy? I might buy him some time soon, the model has been growing on me and now I want it really bad. I would also like to see what kind of color schemes you guys used for this guy. Im thinking about painting him like lava and his fur thing could be painted like fire.

Da Crusha
I bought it and i think its a great mini. I will probably buy every Volgar that Dwarf Tales release. Heres a few wip pics of my one. My colour scheme is very similar to the way dwarf tales painted theirs but slightly different. I tried thinking of how i could incorporate red into the colour scheme so that it would fit with my army better but couldnt visualise it looking good. I might still buy another and just paint it red to see if it actually turns out well.

This is a very nice mini, but until I see some scale shots against GW dwarfs I will not buy it.

Grimstonefire
Dont know if this will help but heres a pic of a volgar beside a cd blunderbuss:

clam:

Awesome, awesome paintjob, Pyro.

I’ve bought two as well - but haven’t figured out what to do with them yet - so they are still in their blisters.

But I can say it’s a awesome figure - and will buy any other Volgar dwarf that come close to this standard.

Grimstonefire:

He looks to be about a head taller than the CD.  Shame.  I may still buy him anyway, as everyone knows Dwarf characters are taller!  Must be all the extra beer, or the fact they actually have necks.

With some heavy converting I’m sure I could sort him out. :wink:

Da Crusha:

thats a pretty nice wip volgar pyro. Hes a tall guy isnt he? you wouldnt happen to have an avatar of war Chaos dwarf that you could take a pic of side by side? The AoW one is the tallest dwarf in my army and rightfully so being the general.

EDIT: ooh just found this one on coolminiornot CoolMiniOrNot - Troops of the Napoleonic Wars - Grand Duchy of Warsaw by rafalmpolkowski

Pyro Stick:

thats a pretty nice wip volgar pyro. Hes a tall guy isnt he? you wouldnt happen to have an avatar of war Chaos dwarf that you could take a pic of side by side? The AoW one is the tallest dwarf in my army and rightfully so being the general.

EDIT: ooh just found this one on coolminiornot http://www.coolminiornot.com/246970

Da Crusha
Ill get a pic of it beside my AoW CD later today.

Pyro Stick:

So the AoW CD is slightly bigger than the volgar.

Da Crusha:

oh so the AoW one is a bit bigger. thanks for the pic pyro.

Pyro Stick:

A new piece of Volgar art after over a year lol:

Hopefully they will start releasing more soon. IMO they are their best line of models.

Kered:

That is very awesome.

Da Crusha:

wow thats pretty cool. I would definitely like to see what they come up with.

Admiral:

That model is very cool. I might have to pick him up someday, but Forge World warmachines and Titan Wargames dwarves stand higher up on the priority list.

tjub:

Haha, I love it! :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.