[Archive] elves what type do you like

Leadblecher:

The crunchy kind with the gooey center! Actually my favorite is the DE. If you guys haven’t read the Malus Darkblade saga, you should!

wallacer:

Probably Dark Elves, althogh the Wood Elves have been made a lot nastier than they used to be.

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Dead elf.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Arashi:

@Bassman: Just my opinion :stuck_out_tongue: As I said, my friend plays with them, therefore I´m not a really supporter of them. Though I guess they could become really cool if they were painted right, like with darkred tones and similar.

Still, the other two options wins for me.

Kera foehunter:

wow they have a new group of elves the dead elves

Swissdictator:

Dark Elves, especially ones invading Lustria (my theme)… sorry WarpLock, I had to. :wink:

I hate Wood Elves though, can’t stand them.

WarplockMonkey:

swissdictator - Bring it ownnnnn big ears, you cant bring that weak ass stuff up into this humpy bumpy! …ahem by ‘humpy bumpy’ I meen ‘jungle’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Eat my tail fool!

- Warplock :stuck_out_tongue:

JMS:

well… after this funny story involving Kholek Suneater and a bunch of elves I must say I really like Elves^^

asheira:

Dark Elves, especially ones invading Lustria (my theme)... sorry WarpLock, I had to. ;)

I hate Wood Elves though, can't stand them.

swissdictator
my wardancers spallsingers and my unicorn will..... oh god THE MANLYEST THINK IN MY ARMY IS A UNICORN!!!

*starts to cry*

well, at least i have my chaos dwarfs.

snowblizz:

Dark Elves, especially ones invading Lustria (my theme)... sorry WarpLock, I had to. ;)

I hate Wood Elves though, can't stand them.

swissdictator
my wardancers spallsingers and my unicorn will..... oh god THE MANLYEST THINK IN MY ARMY IS A UNICORN!!!

*starts to cry*

well, at least i have my chaos dwarfs.

asheira
That's when it pays to be married. As soon as the opponent starts to look funny at you, point out "see, that's my wife" [picture or real one required]. That's usually what one of the WE players I know does. And it shuts people up fast it does. of course wife needs certain "attributes" but let's talk quietly about those :P

Kera foehunter:

yea that would be what a guy would do or an elf would do!!!

speedygogo:

My favorite elf is the dead type.

Baggronor:

Dark Elves. They were my first Warhammer army, and aesthetically my favourite (sorry CDs, but those hats really did you no favours). I am also massively insulted by the idea that they are somehow ‘emo’. Massively. :slight_smile:

Swissdictator:

If Dark Elves are Emo… then Vlad was too.

Dark Elves embody my misanthropic attitudes, my hard rock, my Rammstein inspired urges to randomly invade Poland, my general feeling of malice and cruelty, my general views of history, and my urge to burn and enslave (which is also why I like CD).

I am, afterall, thinking of doing a CD/DE (with me as CD) team for Adepticon in 2010/2011

The funny thing is, it makes me laugh!

I’ve often been told “Swiss, humanity will just wipe itself out someday” my response is “Nah, I’m to much of a pessimist to believe in that.”

Baggronor:

I've often been told "Swiss, humanity will just wipe itself out someday" my response is "Nah, I'm to much of a pessimist to believe in that."
Agreed :)

I saw a CD/DE team at the Doubles tournie a couple of years ago, they won best armies too.

Maul:

Doesn’t dead elf = vampire counts or tomb kings.

I have a high elf army that is part put together. I just am not sure I feel a draw to it any more. I used to love swordmasters, but they are so much more ordinary when looking at the other awesome infantry (strikes first with great weapon). They are still as much a glass cannon as they always were. I think it is the fighting in 3 ranks with spearmen that I like. I play dogs of war as well and when I pay for pike men, I take solace in know that there are other cheap troop options that I can take to make up for the some of the points in the expensive pikemen. With high elves everything is expensive. The future of my high elf army is uncertain.

That is why I love the chaos dwarves. 70 points buys you 30 naked hobgoblins and a musician. They are almost as good as zombies, but they are cheaper (you do have to keep them near the general though).

Baggronor:

They are almost as good as zombies,
I reckon they are better than zombies. Zombies are only made good by adding magic. :)

WS3 for 2pts per model is crazy. I remember my Hobgobs beat up some Kroxigor purely because they needed 4s to hit my expendable slaves; I won by musician and ran em down :cheers

Kera foehunter:

yea !zombie smell better than high elves

at least zombies are alway looking for Brains!!!

High elves are better to feed sharks !! The shark can her them scream 30 miles a way

Maul:

I am not sure if mine have really won a combat strait up. I have held up against a punishing dryad attack for four rounds, and I did wipe out a squad of stromvermin by hitting them in a flank. They beat the crap out of min in combat, but combat resolution was the key and they fled into a forest and were gone. If I am not using them in a large block, then I uasually have them in squads of ten out redirecting ot moving to the board corners. 20 points can so easily claim 100 vps.

Valtiel:

I like Elves being trampled to death by Chaos Knights, I like elves that are running away in terror from a two-headed Dragon, I like them when my Giant are stuffing them into his pants, I like them when my Hellcannon turns them into goo, I like them when a Death Rocket hits them and sends them to hell, I like them a lot when they are just dead.

Otherwise I like Dark Elves. Even started an army with them some time but I decided to sell them later on.