[Archive] Extra stuff from Battle for Skulls Pass plus more

FifthWindLegion:

Counting the Dwarf Cannon as an Earthshaker, I (in my head) have thought of a way to use everything in there(including goblins, spider riders as hobgoblins on wolves) Except the troll and Slayer. Counting up, one BFSP can get me 650-700 points of Dwarfs plus goblins(dont got the Orc book). What can I use the Slayer and Troll for?

Snotling:

slayer for sorcerer, troll as a unit filler in the hobbo unit.

FifthWindLegion:

slayer for sorcerer, troll as a unit filler in the hobbo unit.

Snotling
Unit filler?

Snotling:

A Unit filler is a large base (for example with a little scene on it or a bigger model… like a troll on it) which stands for more minis (a troll on a small monster base stands for 2x2 hobbos f.e.).

put the troll into the hobbos.

hal:

Here’s an example of one of EE’s unit fillers in this thread:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5638

FifthWindLegion:

Here's an example of one of EE's unit fillers in this thread:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5638

hal
O.k. Thank you

Xander:

Ya, it’s a really sweet boxed set. if I had to start from Scratch I would buy 1 BFSP, 1 Box of 20 Miners, and 1 box of Thunderers. That would be my “Battalion” hehe.

Kyte:

Ya, it's a really sweet boxed set. if I had to start from Scratch I would buy 1 BFSP, 1 Box of 20 Miners, and 1 box of Thunderers. That would be my "Battalion" hehe.

Xander
I'd buy 2 BFSP sets, that'd be cheaper, and you'd get more models.

Thanks

- Kyte

Xander:

But I like the Bare arms from the Miners. :wink:

Rattler:

The slayer can make a really neat sorcerer. Here’s a step by step guide to make one.

1.) Carefully chop his arms off (you’ll have to seperate the axes), and reposition them to your desire. I made the right hand stick out straight forward, and the left arm up in the air, kind of like the original. When you’re cutting out the axes, make sure to leave the end part that’s sticking out of the bottom of his hand there (in whatever hand you want his staff to be in).

2.) Cut off the mohawk. This includes all of what’s on his back. Don’t worry about neatness, because his back is going to be covered up anyways.

3.) Take the shaft from one of the cut out axes and glue it to one of his hands (as a staff). Later on you can take a little sphere of green stuff and pop it on the end of the staff, for more of a magic-like appearance.

4.) Make him a hat. This step is optional, as some people don’t like the Big Hats. I for one do, and I also found it a lot easier to cover up the remains of the mohawk.

5.) Make a cape out of green stuff. This is a really easy step, because you really don’t have to do much work. Just flatten out a green stuff sausage and pop it on his back, adding detail and frays on the end of the cape along the way.

6.) Add a nice, long, curly beard to him.

7.) Base (lava bubbles FTW!), Prime, and paint!

A note on your [[Earthshaker]]: The cannon from the [[BFSP]] set is quite small for an Earthshaker. What I did was get an extra rocket from my WH40k Stormboyz, glued it on the end, and made myself a [[Death Rocket]]. You could easily greenstuff a rocket onto it, though. The [[Hellcannon]] is much more preferable to the Dwarfen cannon from BFSP, as it’s larger, more menacing, and even comes with Chaos Dwarfs! :slight_smile:

I hope this helped you and gave you ideas on how to mess around with the Slayer. Have fun!

caos dwrf:

if you realy want to you can squeez aboot 1000* points from it

would anyone know if the bfsp box set is a good cd army list on its own(spiders=wolves, all night g = hg ,thane =cd hero, slayer=cd hero, goblin shamin = sorcerer)

Hashut’s Blessing:

caos dwrf, please look at the date of the previous post and check to see if the member is still registered before replying. You have cast threadomancy upon several doomed topics. Just be a little more careful, please. Thank you. Topic closed.