[Archive] FAQ request - proposals and discussion

the smee:

Can they include something, even if just a rewording on the movement of the iron daemon.

Can they also confirm how spears work on the bull centaurs, as the e-mail about base sizes and common sence would suggest they where thinking about the +1 strength not fighting in extra ranks.

deadlydeceiver:

Following the first mentioned guideline it was decided, that we should and will not ask for rules changes in this FAQ-mail. (As it might get FW annoyed)

As on your second question, I think we might get an unexpected answer ^^

So I’d be positive for including it.

DD

Thommy H:

Anyone with general questions about how the Iron Daemon works may want to have a look here. The attached rules are essentially the exact rules in Tamurkhan (the only thing really missing is the thing about it destroying obstacles), but hammered into a coherent 8th Edition shape after quite a bit of discussion among some of the members here.

the smee:

I’ve read it and understand how it works myself, however when playing other people it is a pain to explain and guide them through. I’d be happy if they just copied your explanation.

As for the spears been made to fight in ranks, really? That is rule law only, can you really see the bull centaurs all nicely ranking up to fight in a defensive manner? No, they would charge in and use them like lances. Saying ranks to this would be worse then when they said yes to orge mages been allowed to take armour, have some guts (no pun intened.) and just say what you intended don’t just follow the set rules.

Sorry rant over.

Thommy H:

The spears thing is probably an oversight and they should follow the rules for mounted models using them but, nonetheless, the fact is that Bull Centaurs aren’t cavalry. By RAW, they follow the rules for spears ruled by models on foot. Like Blazing Body, it’s probably just FW being a bit confused by how the rules work.

Bitterman:

Yeah, spears on Bull Centaurs would be a rules change, so not included in this. The rules are crystal clear - Monstrous Beasts with Spears gain Fight in Extra Rank. There’s no confusion (…except as to why anyone would bother taking spears, but none about the rules).

KramDratta:

Yeah, spears on Bull Centaurs would be a rules change, so not included in this. The rules are crystal clear - Monstrous Beasts with Spears gain Fight in Extra Rank. There's no confusion (...except as to why anyone would bother taking spears, but none about the rules).

Bitterman
I disagree, especially after hearing the Neil Peckett comments. I'm of the impression that FW intended the Bull Centaurs to use spears for the +1 Strength on charge, but was not aware of the core rules change re troop types (they were using the 7th To Wound table, so this is not that far fetched).

This is similar to the K'Daai Toughness test, which was intended to be once every game turn, but was worded as once per (player) turn.

They might not be aware of the "problem" unless we inform them. note the difference between the above and a rule/unit change ex. increase the attacks of BC by 1.

eudaimon:

Erm, has no one else noticed that FW updated the FAQ again? It now contains interesting rulings on the Chalice (the opposite of what I thought) and fixes up when to take the blazing body rule (which everyone apart from the Poles knew).

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/t/tamurkhanQA.pdf

Discoking:

Haha, the chalice is officially pretty good now, lol.

I guess those polish judges can now go eat shit with regards to the K’daai Toughness Tests.

Still nothing on BC though.

KramDratta:

Exactly when in the Magic Phase may the Chalice of Blood and Darkness be used - at the start, or at any point?

Bitterman
Fixed with latest FAQ (dated 14th June)
Toughness Tests - They happen at the start of the owning Chaos Dwarf turn only (after the first), not at every player's turn. (KramDratta, tvandyke)
Fixed with latest FAQ (dated14th June)

Da Crusha:

whoooa! the chalice is good again!

MLP:

I always used the chalice like this anyway, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be played like this as there’s nothing to say when to use it.

But I see a Problem:

Q. Do I roll for the K�?Tdaai �?~Burning Bright�?T rule at the start of each player turn after the 2nd?

A. No, at the start of each game turn after the 2nd.
This now means that you start taking tests from the 3rd turn onwards…

Thommy H:

Um…did anyone actually send these in? Because otherwise it means they’re watching us.

KramDratta:

This now means that you start taking tests from the 3rd turn onwards...

MLP
Waiting for the next update. Hopefully they add something else from this thread ;)

Bitterman:

Um...did anyone actually send these in? Because otherwise it means they're watching us.

Thommy H
Of course they are.

The surprise is more that they're taking notice.

PS. Holy crap. Chalice just got really good.

Veshnakar:

Oh man! The chalice is awesome now. With a little bit of luck it pretty much ensures you can get your 6 dice spell/spells through.

Thommy H:

I’d just like to remind any Forge World staff reading this that I’m a professional writer available for commission work and my rates are very reasonable.

Far2Casual:

Incoming ban of Chaos Dwarves in all tournaments in 3 … 2 …

(Hopefully I’ll play one tournament in 2 weeks with them before …)

MLP:

Incoming ban of Chaos Dwarves in all tournaments in 3 ... 2 ...

(Hopefully I'll play one tournament in 2 weeks with them before ...)

Far2Casual
The Chalice is already banned/restricted in a few so it shouldn't change much.

tvandyke:

Incoming ban of Chaos Dwarves in all tournaments in 3 ... 2 ...

(Hopefully I'll play one tournament in 2 weeks with them before ...)

Far2Casual
Why would you say that? Because of the chalice? I take it that's a little tongue in cheek?