[Archive] [february 16:th 2010]Dawi Zharr a la Borka

AGPO:

welcome back! and you came with a boar centaur! Boar Centaurs are actually very fluffy for chaos dwarfs, check them out in the wiki

Zanko:

I like Boarcentaurs :~

I´m eager of the finished and painted model :slight_smile:

:hashut

Borka:

Thank you fellow dwarf enthusiast for the welcome back!

I was absent during my autumn semester, I had a lot do. But I have been checking in every now and then (and btw I have to say that the Word of Hashut zine has really impressed me).

Cool that you like the centaur I’ll try and finish him soon and post pictures.

cheers

Bassman:

Wow, the boar centaur is really cool! I’m looking forward to see more :slight_smile:

Ghrask Dragh:

Agreed, you’ve made some excellent progress, we can always do with some more boar centaurs around here :smiley:

Good to see you back!

Borka:

Time to do another update methinks :slight_smile:

I’ve actually don’t have a lot to show because the last four weeks in my life have, as far as the warhammer hobby goes been a lot a about a certain precious metal hat and a machine that’s supposed to rock your world… :rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

But I have a few pictures of some other stuff. I have been increasing the orc unit with a few more souls and they look like this (the movement tray will of course not look like that when the units finished):

I’d also like to show a WIP picture of my first unit of blunderbusses. I’ve been mostly converting dwarfs rather than painting them because I’m not 100% sure about my painting of them. So I can’t give you a painted centaur before I’ve decided on a paint scheme. Anyways here’s the blunderbusses:

cheers

tjub:

Sweet, I really like the realistic look on your orcs! :slight_smile:

…om du kollar min blog, så la jag en ring GS bakom bucklaren på mina bössor. Blev lite mer “trattformat” och övergången mjukare.

Kera foehunter:

love the orcs but i like the like the blunder buss great job

Zanko:

Puuuuhhh!

Very cool Orks - great paint job!

I really like it when the green skins are more “realistic” and don´t have that comic style! :hat off

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Love your work and it gives me great ideas on converting Bull (Boar) Centaurs as well as tall hats and Hobgoblin warriors.

The concept of using Ogre weapons and missles as hats is prieceless…but looks awesome in the end.

I hope you’re entering Golden Hat VIII. Can’t wait to see your take on the Warmachines.

P. S. What to you use for Blunderbuss ends. They look like parts from a Warhammer Sprue of some description.

Xander:

Excellent work! I think Borka is shooting for the Best Hobbyist 2009 award!! :smiley:

Nice work!

Ghrask Dragh:

The ogre weapons are a great idea, I have so many lying around doing nothing, thanks Borka :cheers

Borka:

love the orcs but i like the like the blunder buss great job

Kera foehunter
Sweet, I really like the realistic look on your orcs! :)

...om du kollar min blog, så la jag en ring GS bakom bucklaren på mina bössor. Blev lite mer "trattformat" och övergången mjukare.

tjub
Puuuuhhh!

Very cool Orks - great paint job!

I really like it when the green skins are more "realistic" and don´t have that comic style! :hat off

Zanko
Thanks guys, cool that you like them :) I guess it's my painting style, I usually go for toned down realistic colors. Come to think about it my painting revolves mainly around three colors graveyard earth, komando khaki and desert yellow... :D

@ Tjub: Jag tittade till din blogg tidigare idag men tänkte inte på den detaljen. Tack för tipset jag ska pröva. D ser ut, som du sa, att funka bra övergången nu e lite... si o så.
I hope you're entering Golden Hat VIII. Can't wait to see your take on the Warmachines.

Tarrakk Blackhand
You can bet I am! Actually sent in my entry yesterday. I did an earthshaker.
P. S. What to you use for Blunderbuss ends. They look like parts from a Warhammer Sprue of some description.

Tarrakk Blackhand
And you're absolutly right, it's the buckler shields from the dwarf thunderers/x-bow box.
Excellent work!  I think Borka is shooting for the Best Hobbyist 2009 award!! :D

Nice work!

Xander
:)
The ogre weapons are a great idea, I have so many lying around doing nothing, thanks Borka :cheers

Ghrask Dragh
You're welcome :) Yeah it's really nice to have some "pre-made" hats, I find the hat sculpting to be rather boring (I hope that's not blasphemy around here) :D

cheers

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Kool!

Dwarf Quarreler’s shields. Never would have thought of that, but it is a perfect choice as they don’t have the stupid little Dwarf hand moulded into them and they are that little bit smaller. I’ll give it a try on my guys as it saves me having to use metal pipes or GS for the ends.

Your Earth Shaker will go against my Death Rocket, but somehow I don’t think I’m going to win this thing. Time will tell.

Takk!

two_heads_talking:

Very nice. could you please take a picture of those big hats from the front and back? unrank them too, so we can see all the details…

I really like what you did with those. What bitz/gismos did you use to make the hats?

Hazkar:

nice stuff

im not the biggest fan of big hats(just my lord got one,cause hes the boss and he wants to show that…)

but your conversions look pretty nice

warh:

Nice hobbo’s

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Willmark:

Ok here comes the second update. I'm waiting on some marauder axes to arrive so work on the dwarfs have stopped and instead I started converting  one unit of hard hobgoblins (shield+LA): this is what they look like before painting:

I've done them from the BfSP goblins. I've tried to make them a bit taller than your average night goblin. I put a none-converted goblin for comparison in the picture. I'm a bit uncertain should I make them even taller?

Overall I'm not really pleased with how the GS:ing turned out on most of them, but perhaps painting will conceal that.

I'm having a very hard time coming up with a fitting banner symbol for them though. I saw in an other army blog that a rune of hashut could be made to look ok, but that's perhaps a bit against fluff, I mean the hobgoblins don't really worship him. Some sort of skull symbol maybe?
Any ideas guys?

Borka
Actually this is quite filling and no one I had considered actually, Before I only thought of hacking off the feet and adding new legs, great work there dude.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I started doing this with the archers, but then it got too complicated trying to cut around bows and so on, so I decided just to paint them with yellow skin, like the Spider-man character “The Hobgoblin”.

I extended up 2 guys and called it quits for the archers.

However, I’ll be posting pics of my painted guys. I like the idea of using the sprue runners for body extension pieces. Much easier than wire pegs and uses less Green Stuff to fill the stomachs. ThanX for the help!

tjub:

The hobgobbos looks great, better than some other extended ones Ive seen which had funky proportions. But where are their bellys? :stuck_out_tongue: