[Archive] Female engineer?

WarplockMonkey:

I am half way through making a female engineer, and i was thinking whether it would fit into the fluff

It was just an idea that came to me, dont know where from

I have modled her without any tusks, (thinking that tusks would be a more male thing to show status, like boars,) and no beard. I know there are many fantasy novels that have female dwarves with beards (for example LOTR and Discworld) but i thought she would look too much like a guy

Will have pictures up soon, along with my painted male engineer

Regards

Warplock

Pyro Stick:

I have never heard of any dwarfs from LOTR having beards. I guess i will have to read it again.

Hammerhand:

I have never heard of any dwarfs from LOTR having beards. I guess i will have to read it again.

Pyro Stick
2 Towers movie: When Gimli is talking to Aeowen (?) on the way to Helm's deep, He says about people mistake Dwarf Women for Dwarf men, Aragorn gestures and whispers "it's their beards" in explanation.

Pyro Stick:

Pyro Stick
2 Towers movie: When Gimli is talking to Aeowen (?) on the way to Helm's deep, He says about people mistake Dwarf Women for Dwarf men, Aragorn gestures and whispers "it's their beards" in explanation.

Hammerhand
Is that in the book though?

Khan!:

Female engineer sounds like a great idea! I see no reason why it wouldn’t fit into the fluff - regular dwarfs have shield-maidens and such, I figure chaos dwarfs would make sure that men and women can both do what needs to be done. Plus, the female engineer would be really popular with all of the other engineers, when they aren’t getting drunk and irritating everyone else at the universit- I mean, ziggurat.

Hammerhand:

Pyro Stick

Hammerhand
Is that in the book though?

Pyro Stick
Not sure, read the book years ago. Thing is, Tolkien's son Christopher(who's the head of the tolkien society or something like that) was very much involved with the production of the movies down to the tiniest detail. It must be somewhere, if not in the Hobbit, silmarillion or Children of Hurin or something.

Malificant:

in the old dungeons and dragons movie they made a reference to dwarf women with beards. the red haired dwarf said somthing to the rogue along the lines of “you gotta get a dwarf lass, wanna have a beard so you got somthin to hold on too!”

Canix:

In The Hobbbit the dwarfs allude to beards for dwarven women to Blibo .I think Chaos Dwarf women would be as active as men ,well the cruel ones anyway:D

WarplockMonkey:

Well, iv tried to make her look as feminine as i could, but it hasnt been easy…

In the end i decided to give her tusks, as i though she would look too non-chaos dwarfish, but they are tiny compared to the others in my army

She is wearing a sort of thick leather corset too, so she dusnt look too much like a non bearded bloke

I will get pics tomorrow as soon as my dad gets home from work

Kera foehunter:

Female engineers RULES!!! That is the best post ever . i can’t wait to see this .so Warplock Monkey what figure did you use??

WarplockMonkey:

I based it on a plastic miner body, and the rest is self sculpted

Im really impressed so far with her!

Pyro Stick:

Im quite interested to see how this turns out. Did you see the pic of the female chaos dwarf before? Someone used to use it as their avatar on HoH.

Kera foehunter:

I cant wait to see her.* Kera smiles and thinks out loud the plan is working*

WarplockMonkey:

Well here she is

They are really crap pictures, she looks much better in real life, but its the best i can do!

Any criticisms? I want to get her just right before painting

Pyro Stick-

No i didnt see it, could you post it here?

Pyro Stick:

…It reminds me of this guy: (rrrr link was deleated by some tight losers. It was a pic of that guy from star trek)

It doesnt look female enough.

I couldnt find a bigger pic of this:

WarplockMonkey:

What, the lion?

Kera foehunter:

great job i like her full lips and her hair is great .what color are you going to paint her.

WarplockMonkey:

Im not sure, but her skin is going to be paler than the usual chaos dwarf, and the armour mostly in brass ,and brown or black leather

I made her as a girl, but one who doesnt want to show her femininity( i think thats how you spell it), she wants to prove shes more than capable of looking after herself, and thats reflected in her masculin clothing.

Im thinking of making her a special character, a daughter of a rich and powerful slavelord who escaped her luxurious lifestyle and started work as an engineer to prove she can be just as tough and capable as the guys

I will try and paint her as soon as posible, but im a bit downhearted at the moment with my painting skills, so ill have to wait untill im in the ‘painting mood’!

WarplockMonkey:

After reading pyros advice, i have done some minor adjustments

Firstly, i have given her a more feminine pose, with her right hand near her face

Next, i have given her more hair over her face, and a delicate pendant

Hopefully when i post some pictures tomorrow, you will agree with me that she looks alot more feminine

Warplock

Canix:

Looking good hope the modification works out to plan i like her tool up kit shes really proving herself .The Demi Moore of Chaos Dwarfdom?:hat