[Archive] first one

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

what was the first mini you ever got

i could get a DE raider ship or a tau pathfinder i choose the tau :slight_smile:

Ghrask Dragh:

I got a couple of boxed sets just to paint, it wasn’t from a Games Workshop so I didn’t have a clue what I was buying :smiley: it was in a hobby store in Tenby (amazing place!!)

I ended up with a box of the old plastic Space orks and a box of plastic Chaos Dwarf Warriors :hat

furrie:

I began with a box of the old chaos warriors, I wanted to paint them so badly that I finished painting them in one evenening :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

it was a Ral partha d&d figure from my dad. It was a female magic user.

my first gw where an box of dwarf warriors !!! that my dad also got me , so i l leve his stuff alone!!

Willmark:

Ral Partha D&D Figure here as well. First Warhammer related ones were a unit of Bretonnian Knights.

wallacer:

From memory I think it was a Grenadier miniatures Ninja.

clam:

Probably some WWII figs - but can’t really remember - as it’s more than 30 years since I started playing with ‘dolls’ - but I do remember my first Warhammer box set - back in 1988 (or so). It was the Regiment of Renown Bugman’s Dwarf Rangers - still got them somewhere :smiley:

slev:

Ignoring figures that came with boardgames, some old-school early Skaven. I have them in my army to this day.

Dino:

For me it was a Battletech mech. I forget if it was a Hauptman or Osiris.

AGPO:

Blood Angels space marine. One of the 2nd ed static pose ones. My first models I bought was a box of 8 wood elf archers

Tharzhul Firehelm:

My first model was a Tomb Kings Casket of Souls, i really liked the model but i never got around to painting it. Its still in my cupboard unassembled in its box. Maybe i should go paint it.:idea

Sousunou:

I got 2 boxes of dark elf warriors and a sorceress on coldone, i had then assembled and base coated in 1 day, then drybrushed and glued to bases the next.

I miss my old 3/4 part colour schemes… now if it is under 10 its a sparce model…fond memories… :slight_smile:

Xander:

I had all my HeroQuest figures first, the Chaos Warriors being my favourites. I then bought some old, single pose, plastic Beastman at 16 dollars for 8 models. :slight_smile:

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

well my frist WHF box was classic LZ skinks:)

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

A box of Dwarf Warriors, starting with the Champion. I still have him in the state he was painted in (alright, that was only about 1,5 years ago, but still). First CD from a friend as I suddenly stumbled on it in a huge box of … bitz. Models. You know.

cornixt:

I got all my first models for xmas (CD Rocket Launcher and a few Blunderbusses, plus some random Wardancers and dwarfs, all on top of the 4th ed boxset). The first I bought in the store were a load of CD Axemen and Sorcerer.

Swissdictator:

First ones I ever did anything with? Some Babylon 5 Groundpounders (GROPOS) stuff… or silent death stuff… or was it full thrust stuff?

First Warhammer? 6th edition box set, went with Empire first.

snowblizz:

Gosh… if only I would remember.

IIRC it was the 5th ed plastic High Elves, the 4 spearmen and 4 archers box.

minty:

ummmm, my uncles left overs from when he used to play 9coutns back) 16-sih years ago

ah, the clasic eldar are so funny:)

Leadblecher:

A very old “Giant scorpion” fron Ral Partha. GW wise, a Ork Warboss for 40k :cheers