[Archive] first one

Sojourn:

well, I practiced painting a cheap plastic figure that came in the siege sets Xander made his earth shakers from. but it gave me something as a starting point.

my first WH fig was an elf from a glade guard. painted it for Xander for Valentine’s day. haha. I’m so romantic. :stuck_out_tongue:

demonicprince20:

it was a broodlord and a necrach vampire

zorn sabretooth:

an ork biker man they were cool

Kera foehunter:

WHAT!!! Xander make you paint cheep plastic figures sorjourn!! lol  

If i had a boy friend into war hammer Sorjourn, i think he buy me the new dark elf box set !!!

hint hint!!!

Sojourn:

lol, not quite. I think I swiped them secretly to practice on first. I don’t think he knew I took them. then once I was confident, I went and paid 18,456x more (approximately) for real WH stuff.

and no, I doubt I’m buying him the new dark elf box set… I’m romantic, but I’m not THAT romantic :stuck_out_tongue:

Grimstonefire:

The first ones I had were 5th ed goblins (a gift), the ones that came with 5th ed warhammer box.  I’ve still got them actually, I was looking at them a few weeks ago.

The first ones I bought were the 5th ed High Elves, followed shortly by a box of Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs!!!:hat  The only hat models I have ever bought.  I also got some skellie horsemen if I remember right.  Still got all these models.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

and no, I doubt I'm buying him the new dark elf box set... I'm romantic, but I'm not THAT romantic :P

Sojourn
do you know how sad you sound :D

conscript nikita:

a dark elf Cauldron Of Blood

two_heads_talking:

my very first miniature was an eldar warp spider… bought so long ago, I almost forgot about it…

rabotak:

16 plastic chaos dwarfs, a cd sorcerer, a lord and a hero… picked them up in a shop clearing out all of their cd stuff, and in the following months, i got them all :cheers

… that being said, my first fig was supposed to be astragoth which i ordered at ebay 2 weeks before that, unfortunately, it never arrived… this was btw the first time i bought something online :mad

Lifer:

My first wh minis would be a box of plastic one-poser skaven clanrats. And after them i got the… DOOMWHEEL!! Man, I wish i still had that model, it was awesome.

slev:

DOOMWHEEL!! Man, I wish i still had that model, it was awesome.

Lifer
Still have mine. I use it as a WLC these days.

Bloodfire:

My first warhammer minis was the entire contents of the 2nd warhammer 40,000 boxed set ^^
The cardboard ork dreadnought you got in there was awesome :stuck_out_tongue:

bobkian:

Me and my brother started with the lotr bgime magazine’s so moria goblins.

But that was some time ago and we never properly played a game so the actual start I got was bfsp not long ago.

Gaixo:

When this topic started, I was frustrated at not being able to figure out what range my firsts were from. Well, I finally found them:

I have to say that mine are painted a bit better than the ones in that photo, though they sat on a shelf for at least a couple of years before I figured out how to paint them at all. Anyway, it was satisfying to track them down.

Source:

http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Collectors_Series_1212.jpg

two_heads_talking:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1251694

my first model was the exarch in the middle on the bottom

one of these day, an img link will work for me and I will die… stupid internet.

Hazkar:

my first mini…was a box of space marines.i was at elementary school and they looked so cool to methat i musted buy them.

at that time i didnt know anything about painting and war gaming,so i painted them with water color and i was so diapointed

with the result(it looked really awful).and then i wanted to play with them,so they fought against my

plastic toy soldiers,when i finished playing(of course the sm won) i was totally suprised,that my fingers turned blue

because of that damn water color…

that was the story of my first mini

Zanko:

These dwarfs were my first ones (the Box!) …

… that was at the mid-end of the 80th. At this time I only played RPGs and don´t like table-tops, but the minis were very nice lol …

:hashut

Tarrakk Blackhand:

If I had a boy friend into war hammer Sorjourn, i think he buy me the new dark elf box set !!!
             hint hint!!!

Kera
If this is the description, then I think I sent you something worthy of a "Boyfriend", Kera. It was in my store and I really thought you could use it as no one was buying it. It's not the new Dark Elves, but something that really goes well with your army. Taylor fit, in fact.

Sadly, I'm already married with a kid and I'm an overweight old fart at 35 years of age. So boyfriend material, I ain't.

However, I figured you'd like it and it was a nice "repayment" for the shields and 2 figs you sent me a few months ago.
So please, take the gift in firendship and find someone young and hot that will make you happy and that likes the games.

Kera foehunter:

Shhhhhhh mr t these guy think im single !! we cant let this out about you and me SHHHHHHH

btw there not de but there cool