[Archive] first one

wallacer:

The guy at the front left would make a passable Chaos Dwarf.

I think my first figure was a grenadier miniature of some description (maybe an old wizard).

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yes Kera…our little secret! We won’t tell them about the whole “affair”. :smiley:

WhyNotCrashDifferently?:

A box of Space Marines, I’m ashamed to say. 2nd edition I believe.

Quickly moved on to fantasy and Bretonnians after that.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hey…better stop goofing off and contribute to this thread…

…ok…first figures.

It’s hard to say for certain because I’m 35 this May and I’ve had a lot of figures over the years.

Some of my earilier collections included WWI German and American Infantry from MPC/Airfix in the earily 1980’s, but these were meant to go with my HO train set. My Dad and I made wooden tanks for them.

Later on, I collected these strange robot and fantasy guys that you got for $0.10 that were made from hard plastic like the Army men…even had a few of those guys, but not many.

For gamming mini’s, I still have a few of the 1980’s D&D guys. I even have a Spiderman and a Star Wars Landspeeder with 3 pilots.

But for my first GW mini’s, I had recieved from Games Workshop the Balrok, a box of 10 Space Mariens and 10 Goblins with the paints. This was when I opened the hobby store. So those are my first set and I only have the Balrog to finish.

AGPO:

A GW staffer gave me one of the original space marines with a flamer. I painted him as a Blood Angel. Badly.

Border Reiver:

Citadel minis FA29 Dwarf Champion or Beowulf, or Dwarf Lord, can’t remember which one (yes, I still have them). They were bought for $0.50 and came in a baggie stapled to a yellow card. Those were the days.

The guy on the right is the champion

The Lord is the guy on my stone

And Mr. Beowulf

Kera foehunter:

wow those are some cool figures

Arashi:

My first minis were a pack of 6 Eldar guardians with laserrifles, and the paintpack that included a spacemarine and an Chaos warrior for fantasy.

speedygogo:

Mine was a box of dwarf warriors.

Border Reiver:

wow those are some cool figures

Kera foehunter
Thank you. These come back from the days when citadel was 25mm scale - they do look a little weedy next to the current run of minis

Kera foehunter:

well yea there different. but great anyway

Maul:

I loved those old chaos knights. That was the first unit/models I ever bought.

Swissdictator:

I have the old Chaos Knight standard bearer. I used the torso and all as the torso for my Wight King BSB to fit my undead chaos theme. Turned out very nicely. Thanks for letting me know what he was. :slight_smile:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I like the little dwarf king posted by Boarder Reiver.

tjub:

An undead Carrion in '94 with one of the old skeleton boxes which got infantry, knight and a wagon…

Kera foehunter:

wow tjub !! that is so cool to