[Archive] Florian�?~s attempts of creating a Chaos Dwarf Army (in 15mm)

Sagon of Akkad:

Hello sons and daughters of vanquished and conquered people,

In this blog I, the faithful hobgoblin scribe Flobulgaz, present to the army of my lord, the king of king, conqueror of the northern and southern desert, ruler of the mountain, king of both seas, shining star of the night.

In it you�?~ll find his pictures of wip and finished units of a 15mm Chaos Dwarf army.

The blog will be set up according to DAGabriel�?~s suggestions. So the first eight or so posts will be reserved for links, stories etc. Thereafter you can feel free to comment, give advice or throw challenges!

I�?Tll try to keep these posts u to date. But now: let the massacre begin!

Sagon of Akkad:

Diary:

Here I will describe the progress, my master makes with his army.

After moving from Berlin to Nienburg, my hobby time severely diminished for several years. Apart from managing several projects at work simultaneously (I’m a workaholic and love my job), working on my habilitation thesis and that goddamn Corona plague (why did the Government ignore my pleads to start building an altar to Nurgle in Berlin?), this was caused by a very happy event: the birth of my daughter Philippa Nimuë!
Well my little Chaos Dwarf princess has recently had her 4th birthday and I am having hobby time again that I can spend on painting thublings!

Sagon of Akkad:

Background:

The army is an expedition force consisting of chaos dwarfs with greenskin slaves. It�?Ts meant to be used in 15mm versions of warhammer (4th edition �?" my master likes the crazy silliness of the old edition) and kings of war (which is nice, easy and plays fast).

If my master finds out how to edit posts, he might add more information here from time to time., when he finds time in between conquering new lands and torturing prisoners!

Sagon of Akkad:

Here is the latest overview of my masters army. This is just a start. A call for arms has just been send to rally more troops and round up new slaves.

Btw: if anyone can tell my master where 15mm hobgoblins are to be found, that would be most welcome. He might even kill you swiftly after conquering your lands in his eternal gratitude!

Sagon of Akkad:

Here is the latest overview of my masters army. This is just a start. A call for arms has just been send to rally more troops and round up new slaves.

Btw: if anyone can tell my master where 15mm hobgoblins are to be found, that would be most welcome. He might even kill you swiftly after conquering your lands in his eternal gratitude!

Sagon of Akkad
The warband as a whole.[attachment=5511]

Zanko:

Nice little (literally) army you have! :hat off  I’m curious to see what happens next.

As far as 15 mm figures are concerned, I have no idea about them and unfortunately can’t help you there. :frowning:

:hashut

Sagon of Akkad:

Nice little (literally) army you have! :hat off  I'm curious to see what happens next.

As far as 15 mm figures are concerned, I have no idea about them and unfortunately can't help you there. :(

Zanko
Dear Zanko,
(Or should I say, guten Tag?)

Thanks for your reply. I�?Tll keep you updated. Maybe it will also help to speed up you surrender, should m lord decide to attack you!

boyfights:

Beautiful job on these! I just recently placed my order and am waiting with bated breath!

I’ve been trying to source out some 15mm hobgoblins as well and not having a ton of luck, the D&D aesthetic is much more common than the GW one. So far the best I’ve come up with are the Splintered Light 20mm goblins here: Splintered Light Miniatures The box claims that they’re 15mm tall and the faces seem just about right, I plan to order a few along with some regular orcs and goblins to test how well they fit scale-wise with the Tjublings once I get through some more of my current backlog :slight_smile:

Sagon of Akkad:

Army List:

This is very much wip.

Currently my master owns two units, one blunderbuss, one infantry.

He aims for two more such units, maybe a third shooter unit, some hobgoblins, goblins (archers, and infantry) and orcs as well as one black orc group.

More to come…

Sagon of Akkad:

Battle Reports:

Here my master will present you with the fantastic tales of his victories, so that you be entertained yet set in fear!

Zanko:

I think that the conditions of surrender must be fulfilled by you, not by me! :smiley:

Another question, where are you from? :hat off

Sagon of Akkad:

I think that the conditions of surrender must be fulfilled by you, not by me! :D

Another question, where are you from? :hat off

Zanko
Hi,

Well my master, because this is just his humble hobgoblin scribe writing, is actually from the Ruhr area, lived the last 12 years in Berlin and has just moved to the area around Hanover, where he has found a job and a wife. He certainly looking for visitors from far and near to do battle and enjoy talk about minis over a beer or three!

Sagon of Akkad:

Beautiful job on these! I just recently placed my order and am waiting with bated breath!

I've been trying to source out some 15mm hobgoblins as well and not having a ton of luck, the D&D aesthetic is much more common than the GW one. So far the best I've come up with are the Splintered Light 20mm goblins here: http://www.splinteredlightminis.com/goblins.html  The box claims that they're 15mm tall and the faces seem just about right, I plan to order a few along with some regular orcs and goblins to test how well they fit scale-wise with the Tjublings once I get through some more of my current backlog :)

boyfights
Thank you for the nice words. Ill try to post some more photos of my master�?~s work soon. You can also see his progress on this forum with some more pictures :
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=108985.0

The models are really, really nice and painted up pretty well. The only issue my master has with them is that there are not enough! :)
I hope the sculptor, mighty Tobbe, will honor us soon with additions.

About the hobgoblins. They really seem to be an issue. The models from Splintered Lihts certainly do look good and the faces appear to be very well in keeping with what we want. I fear, though, that they might be pretty bulky. I�?Tm gonna place an order with Splintered Lights soon and will ask dor a sample or simply buy some.

I have some Demonworld orcs and goblins and these fit PERFECT to the tjublings. Especially the arabian goblins will work perfectly. So my priority is keeping to these proportions...

Cloister:

Lovely painting, good color choices for those hats.

Sagon of Akkad:

Lovely painting, good color choices for those hats.

Cloister
Thank you, sir. I�?Tll see that I can show some more details soon.

Sagon of Akkad:

Brethren!

Hear me! My master wanted to show you some more details of his ever growing force.

Behold the infantry and the blunderbusses led by his favorite demon Pumpernickel!

Sagon of Akkad:

:|:|:|

Hmm…it seems I forgot the demon…my master will not be please…:idea .here is a wip of Pumpernickel leading a small warband.

boyfights:

Thank you for the nice words. Ill try to post some more photos of my master�?~s work soon. You can also see his progress on this forum with some more pictures :

The models are really, really nice and painted up pretty well. The only issue my master has with them is that there are not enough! :)

About the hobgoblins. They really seem to be an issue. The models from Splintered Lihts certainly do look good and the faces appear to be very well in keeping with what we want. I fear, though, that they might be pretty bulky. I�?Tm gonna place an order with Splintered Lights soon and will ask dor a sample or simply buy some.

I have some Demonworld orcs and goblins and these fit PERFECT to the tjublings. Especially the arabian goblins will work perfectly. So my priority is keeping to these proportions...

Sagon of Akkad
My initial purchases were Demonworld dwarfs and goblins so I'm glad to hear and see that the Tjublings are a good fit with those, thank you for the comparison shot. I am slightly worried about the bulkiness of the 20mm goblins as well, in particular I'm thinking the mounts for the cavalry might be pushing the limits of acceptability. Hopefully Tobbe will grace us with some eventually :)

Uther the unhinged:

Truly the lesser races should tremble before the onslaught of your master. Pray tell who is the sorceror with the scythe for he fills me with dread and awe

Sagon of Akkad:

Sagon of Akkad
My initial purchases were Demonworld dwarfs and goblins so I'm glad to hear and see that the Tjublings are a good fit with those, thank you for the comparison shot.  I am slightly worried about the bulkiness of the 20mm goblins as well, in particular I'm thinking the mounts for the cavalry might be pushing the limits of acceptability. Hopefully Tobbe will grace us with some eventually :)

boyfights
I just found those here:
https://www.magistermilitum.com/scale/15-mm.html#order=name&limit=36&p=1&dir=ASC&cat%5B%5D=59679&cat%5B%5D=59826&cat%5B%5D=59842

I have some of their orcs, which are truly awesom and tower over my Demonworld orcs.

Maybe their goblins are also slightly larger? Then with small modifications or without them, they could be a) distinct from the Demonworld goblins and b) looking truly sneaky and devious!

I used some of the orcs for my 15mm Space Orks as Nobz: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=101186.msg1256618#msg1256618