[Archive] For all the Americans- Happy Thanksgiving

Willmark:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hope its a good one.

zobo1942:

Enjoy your turkey sacrifice!

Joshmohr:

Indeed- May Hashut be pleased with your turkey! And other assorted foods…

Bassman:

Lava roasted turckey for my american friends and relatives! :smiley:

vulcanologist:

Happy giving of thanks from me too !

Willmark:

Beer, football, family, turkey, = awesome Turkey Day.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Happy TG to our American Cousins!

Next year we Canadians should post our Thanksgiving of October 13th.

Swissdictator:

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Fequiil:

as the title says “to all americans”, from which i draw the conclusion i am not wished a happy TG myself, i’ll say this:

happy TG to me!

and because i am now officially wished a happy TG( although by myself, but back on topic) i will wish all americans a happy TG!( they must be member of CDO to recieve the wish though)

nitroglysarine:

Run for your lives turkeys!!! RRRRUUUUUNNNNN!

snowblizz:

Happy TG to our American Cousins!

Next year we Canadians should post our Thanksgiving of October 13th.

Tarrakk Blackhand
You Canadians already did... And confused the heck out of the forrinurs from even further afar who expected it around these times.
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8378

But have a happy thanksgiving Americans.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hmmm…I must have been away that day! :smiley:

zobo1942:

Or knocked flat by turkey - and all those festive beers!

I love turkey! I’m taking one out of the freezer as we speak!

Why the hell do we bother with chicken?!

Willmark:

as the title says "to all americans", from which i draw the conclusion i am not wished a happy TG myself, i'll say this:

happy TG to me!

and because i am now officially wished a happy TG( although by myself, but back on topic) i will wish all americans a happy TG!( they must be member of CDO to recieve the wish though)

Fequiil
Alright let me get this straight- had I posted "Happy Thanksgiving everyone" I would get responses about how it's a "American Holiday" (It's happened in the past) and it doesn't apply to

snowblizz:

Alright let me get this straight- had I posted "Happy Thanksgiving everyone" I would get responses about how it's a "American Holiday" (It's happened in the past) and it doesn't apply to
Hah! I was all ready to respond to that with a "stop trying to push your made up holidays on the rest of the world you filth imperialist scum". Face it, you just can't win sometimes. :hat off

I think the Internet PC way would be to have just Happy Thanksgiving as title and then first up in the post, say for all americans who celebrate and any others who do, and a good week end for everyone who doesn't (american or not).

I have a friend who used to post the funniest Christmas greeting which sort of took everyone into account. Maybe I'll borrow it for the site this year.

Willmark:

Actually kinda works we Dawi Zharr are imperialists. looks at his avatar

nitroglysarine:

What do American veggies have??

-nut roast??

snowblizz:

-nut roast??

nitroglysarine
Tofurky if TV is anything to go by...:P

zobo1942:

In my family, we either banish vegetarians on ‘feast days’, or rave about the delicious evilness of consuming another creature until they accept the ‘top of the food chain’ idea. Or, give them ten beers and make them a turkey sandwich. That usually ‘converts’ them…

Great - now I’m STARVING! Club sandwich and pints, please!!

dncswlf:

lol… sort of, we just eat a lot of sides! and then there’s always the substitute roasts and what not… mushroom based, soy based… whatever, slap it on some mashed potatoes and cover it with gravy and it’s yummy!!! there’s also soy based “turkey” slices… we had those today with leftovers… I bet most real turkey eaters wouldn’t notice the difference in these slices if served them on a sandwich! and yes, I get the argument of why eat a product that tastes like meat instead of just eating the meat… top o the food chain and all… I’m just intelligent enough to make my own choices about what to eat is all - not that eating meat isn’t an intelligent choice, just not the choice for me! :cheers

-nut roast??

nitroglysarine