[Archive] Forgefiend as hellcannon/iron daemon

kbolster12345:

Hey guys.

This is more of a brainstorm than it is an actual conversion at this point. I am fortunate enough to have two forge fiends but I don’t play 40k. I just love that model and figured I would get it to use for something? Anyways I was thinking about trying to turn it into a Hellcannon as I really dislike the GW model. Nothing about that model says monster and handler. I was also thinking that with not too much imagination it could be turns into an iron daemon.

So if you think it CAN be done well and you have any ideas please let me know. I would appreciate if you would keep in mind that i don’t mind dropping a couple of dollars on some bitz but don’t want spend more than another $20 or so on this.

Thanks,

Kevin

Goltor Lintrepide:

I completely agree with you, the GW hellcannon looks ridiculous. The forgefiend would simply be perfect instead. I’m planning on doing the same thing but with some pieces of forgefiend and chaos decimator daemon engine. Anyway, the only conversion that would be necessary would be to chain it up to something, maybe some rocks placed on the base or build a metal frame with plastic or cardboard cause it is supposed to get loose of something when it goes on rampage!

As for the iron daemon, i’m not so sure. Maybe the maulerfiend could be great as a skullcracker, but I prefer to think about it as a locomotive for the land train instead. But hey, as you said you have two of those model there’s not much else you can use them for in a chaos dwarf army, so go for it! :cheers

Xander:

I still love the Hellcannon!

I’d be interested to see what you come up with though. :slight_smile:

nicque-ta-mare:

+1 Forge fiend to Hellcannon but not Iron Demon

You are probably aware that the Maulerfiend (?) (same kit) can make K’daai Destroyers that look pretty sweet

- EDIT - I have been thinking about it, I wouldn’t do it but you could do a mechanical monster theme, using the forgefiend/ maulerfiend kit with Slaughterbrute/ ghorgon/ thundertusk heads/ kits to make iron demons, skullcrakcers, hellcannons, K’daai destroyers… magma cannons and deathshrieker rocket launchers even. Could be awesome. Maybe. PICS!

Goltor Lintrepide:

You are probably aware that the Maulerfiend (?) (same kit) can make K'daai Destroyers that look pretty sweet

nicque-ta-mare
Yeah, he already has a pretty sweet k'daai destroyer : http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12513&page=1

nicque-ta-mare:

That is sweet… Sorry, don’t know who everyone is yet

Johnny-Crass:

I made my Destroyer out of a maulerfiend. Worked well

NoisyAssassin:

I’ve been considering the same thing. I haven’t had a chance to look at a Forgefiend model in person yet, but my initial thought was to leave off the head and turn the neck cavity into a fanged maw/giant gun barrel

Skink:

I’d say that an “out of the box” Forgefiend would work wonders! It is a monster made out of daemonic flesh & metal, sporting huge cannons. Perfect to represent a huge cannon who’s also a monster :).

Hashut’s Blessing:

I would say either/or. but don’t make both fromt he same kit without HEFTY conversions on at least one of them, otherwise people will get them confused. But, definitely each would work. it would be a far less “traditional” Iron Daemon, so I’d personally say make it the Hellcannon, but it’s your call.

Kera foehunter:

gw hell canon are 10 years old. they where the monster of there day

gIL^:

Is it really 10 years old?

kbolster12345:

Thanks for all the feedback and support! It’s helped me make up my mind o go for turning them into hellcannons.

I’ve been considering the same thing. I haven’t had a chance to look at a Forgefiend model in person yet, but my initial thought was to leave off the head and turn the neck cavity into a fanged maw/giant gun barrel
I was thinking thinking this very same thing. Kind of give the outside of the cavity a Squig type of face with an open mouth and then swirly fire inside. On the other hand I also have two Necron Doomsday Cannons that I would look sweet on it’s back but I am leaning toward the first idea.

@Yawarakaimatsuka and nicque Thanks for the compliments. Glad you like my take on your conversion Yaw!

Kera foehunter:

storm of chaos was 2004  ooops  9 year old. Girls and there math :frowning:
I go sit in the corner now:(

kbolster12345:

Using my best Patrick Swazye impersonation " Nobody puts Foehunter I the corner."

Even 9 years ago I didn’t get it. It just didn’t say Demon energy bound into a war machine. What I actually thought when saw the model was “wow the dwarves are cool but the cannon needs more skulls!”:stuck_out_tongue:

kbolster12345:

Here of some pics of what I am working up.  I need to add some more fur around where the head is meeting the body but the GS needs  to cure.

LMK what you think…

rpitts2004:

ok, that is awesome. Whitehead should be taking notes.

Goltor Lintrepide:

So, is that a hellcannon or a k’daai? Cause it looks like a nice Destroyer.

rpitts2004:

I was thinking destroyer also

kbolster12345:

I know what you guys are saying. I am going to try to figure out a way to gt some dwarves on it.

That’s going to be my cannon. I want it to look more monsterish than war machine. My destroyer looks like this…