[Archive] Forgeworld Chaos Dwarf sales doing "well"

aka_mythos:

I fervently believe it is only a matter of time until a real competitor shows up too. Someone with the advertising enthusiasm of Mantic and the sculpting quality of AoW, and hopefully a good attitude.

Baggronor
I tend to think, if a true competitor ever emerges it will be the result of a consolidation of a number of modest companies but with strong established presence. Mantic now sells Hasslefree miniatures and Kev's implied a growing relationship with them... if Mantic somehow got a cash infusion, it doesn't seem unreasonable for them to work with even more closely or buy out companies with strong internet presence like AoW, Hasslefree, and Heresy... in the same way GW bought Marauder, Chronicle Miniatures, and Iron Claw Miniatures out back in the day to grow their product offering.

Xander:

I bought 10 guard, 10 guard with guns, the command, and the engine. One of everything, basically. They arrived yesterday. I intend on doing a small video on them soon.

I will buy anything that I think is worth buying. All the CD stuff so far is great (minus the Giant).

As for competition, the key player in all the new plastics is Renedra. Keep an eye on them. They are the ones producing plastic kits for the Perry twins, Mantic, and Avatars of War.

aka_mythos:

Rendera isn’t really in a position to be “the competition,” since they aren’t really designing kits but just producing the tooling… but they’d be an excellect company for a GW competitor to absorb.

Just to add to the maine topic… I’m waiting to buy. I’m going to do a bulk order once the book is out. I haven’t decided quite what I want modelwise… a full squad of infernal guard with command… and characters… I’m tempted to buy the Iron Daemon but I really want to convert one up myself.

Xander:

Exactly, Renedra is the key player, not the competition. They are the ones with the know-how for producing quality plastic kits.

Of course, the sculpting talent is still required. But as you say, they’d be an excellent acquisition for a company intent on competing with GW.

I wouldn’t mind getting that train kit seen in that other thread. Maybe I’ll convert my own Skullcracker (even though I bought the engine).

KramDratta:

I bought the Iron Daemon, but am waiting for the rest of the releases to be able to combine more items & get the free shipping…

Zanko:

I’m not sure if I will buy anything of the FW stuff …

Definitely not the troopers - in the moment I have enough of them (the guys from Braggonor and the BeDerken ones - which I still have to paint)!

I’m tempted to buy a complete “train” (depends on the price) as a whole!

Though I would definitely buy a blimp - I didn’t find a good way to build one from scatch :(  …

:hashut

unheilig:

I just got my first order of the Warhammer Forge Chaos Dwarfs.

None of the pictures anyone has posted do them justice.

I am in LOVE.

Collecting these chaos dwarfs is my new religion.

MartyF:

ahhh, your tempting me to just go ahead and buy some now and be dammed with saving on postage!

Murdock129:

I’m waiting as at the moment, I plan to buy some once I’ve gone my ogre kingdoms models, so in a few months time

richard barby:

I'm not sure if I will buy anything of the FW stuff ...

Definitely not the troopers - in the moment I have enough of them (the guys from Braggonor and the BeDerken ones - which I still have to paint)!

I'm tempted to buy a complete "train" (depends on the price) as a whole!

Though I would definitely buy a blimp - I didn't find a good way to build one from scatch :(  ...

Zanko
if you cant afford it go for the thomas the tank engine proxi :)

Bolg:

richard barby
I've already been looking for a descend toy to build my own conversion on. and I must say Thomas did spring to mind (:

richard barby:

not the most intimidating unit with the smiley face on it

Hashut’s Blessing:

Tell that to the Joker :wink:

I’m glad that they’re doing well as it helps to prove how many of us have been wanting these. Yet to buy some, but nearly got enough spare cash to do so!

richard barby:

very true the more followers the better

gIL^:

Ill get some but when thers enough for free shipping.

Zanko:

I'm not sure if I will buy anything of the FW stuff ...

I'm tempted to buy a complete "train" (depends on the price) as a whole!

Though I would definitely buy a blimp - I didn't find a good way to build one from scatch :(  ...

Zanko

richard barby
The "problem" with Thomas is that my son is a great fan of him and so the model will be "captured" at once! ;P

fonejaker:

The "problem" with Thomas is that my son is a great fan of him and so the model will be "captured" at once! ;P

Zanko
Just explain that Thomas has gone away..............

or you could hide it then slap some green stuff and other scary bits of to deture a capture and seize mission by your son

Bronze Bull:

Ha! Your comment makes me worry what my nephew would do if he saw my Iron Daemon and thought it was another of his Thomas toys! :stuck_out_tongue:

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Two units of Chaos Dwarf Warriors/Infernal Guard are on my workbench slowly painting themselves.  So far they are nice to put together!

Grimbold Blackhammer

Bassman:

A corrupted Thomas the tank engine? Sounds great! :smiley: