[Archive] Forgeworld Chaos Dwarf sales doing "well"

Nebuchandnezzar:

i just ordered the command but thats it, i need more money for the larger models. Thankfully since im an only child, christmas will be good :stuck_out_tongue:

unheilig:

I will build an army worthy of Zharr Naggrund! :hat

Astrogothic:

The whole evil train idea is really tempting me. Maybe Iā€™ll have to get the Iron Daemon and convert the ā€œcars.ā€ I have a nice caboose with Astragoth in mind.

ferrus:

Does this mean we may eventually see an Immortals unit? I hope so.

Luhn/Alandanir:

I recently Emailed FW after an order because 2 of my Infernal Guards had miscast , and I asked questions about possible future releases:

My questions:

-Do you plan to release Lord/Hero/Sorcerer models anytime soon?

-Do you plan to release core troops or blunderbusses options for infernal guards? (itā€™s an option in the current experimental rules)

The answer:

We do plan on releasing more Character models for the Chaos Dwarfs and we may possibly create more core units in the future.

(I removed part of the email where they say they will replace my miscasts)

It seems the lords characters we saw on various photos will be released (we sorta knew that anyway) , but it also appears they got no core troops sculpting going on at the moment :frowning: .

Luhn/Alandanir

Kronos:

Hi all.

I have also picked up some of the new forgeworld chaos dwarfs, 2 sets with hand weapons, 2 with fireglaves and 2 command groups. Have not looked at the machines yet but the latest morter on mobile steam driven ā€˜rail carā€™ looks good but I will use it for modifications, particularly as a powered vehicle or carriage for my CD Lords. I may also redo my Engineering Guild Lord who is running around melded into a walking warmachine powered by old empire steam tank bits, bits from an old Ork metal killer kans, on 4 legs made from the arms of the kans. For arms he has weapons from chaos dreadnought. Not happy with the legs at the moment - do not look right so I may change them to wheels if I can find some the right size and spiky. Anyway, I am rambling off topic. Suffice to say I am very happy to see some new figures come out at last.

Kronos

Vogon:

Hi all,

this is my first post on here though Iā€™ve been a bit of a lurker for a while.

I have just returned from WW with two packs of Fireglaves the command trio and an Iron Daemon. Iā€™m glad I went there in person and checked all the pieces before I left as the iron daemon had a miscast crew member (the one with the face mask) I went back to the counter and the guys were very helpful though had to go through 4 bags before they found one that was intact.

Is this a common miscast?

Cheers

Vogon

Murdock129:

What you should have done Vogon is waited till you got home, then taken a picture of it, sent it to forge world and got a second free one (thatā€™s what they usually do with miscasts, at least thatā€™s what Iā€™m told)

Admiral:

@Vogon: Yes, such miscasts are common with Forgeworldā€™s resin miniatures. This is the reason why resin (until lately) wasnā€™t used for massproduced ranges (metal have a definitely lower miscast level than resin). Forgeworld stuff requires some experience and work, although it isnā€™t a daunting task. If you havenā€™t already, you might want to take a look here, at FWā€™s advice on how to work with resin: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/R/resintips.pdf

As Murdock129 wrote, any potential future miscasts should be photographed, and the pictures e-mailed to FW along with a little description so that you can get a replacement for free. Just like GW proper, FW have a helpful policy for replacing miscast pieces and miniatures to customers. Whilst perhaps irritating, some small waiting times should be expected with FW resin, although far from all batches have any larger miscasts.

Anyhow, good luck on your budding Chaos Dwarfs! Will you be using them alongside a Warriors of Chaos army, or on their own?

Vogon:

Thanks for your reply guys. Iā€™ve used FW stuff before though this is the first time Iā€™ve had a miscast.

My intention is to build a pure Chaos Dwarf army and this is the first step, 300pts of core and a special (according to the rules posted on the FW website) should be a solid foundation to start from.

Having had a look on this site Iā€™m also going to be converting the BFSP dwarves though as my greenstuff skills area little rusty this may take a while :slight_smile:

I think my next FW purchase will be at Games Day, Iā€™m going anyway and that way I save on postage and will be able to get the event only deamonsmith.

Cheers

Vogon

Admiral:

Always nice to see new FW Chaos Dwarfs around. If you have a camera, please post some pictures hen and then. :slight_smile:

Are you going to do scalemail on the BFSP dwarfs? The trick is to get it smooth enough, by gently pusing the sculpting tool on each individual scale, and then correct any green stuff that gets pushed out of shape. Doing pointy scales (as the FW CDs have) isnā€™t too hard once youā€™ve figured out how to do. I probably should put up a little tutorial on quick pointy scales, if I can manage some better pictures.

Good call to pick up the Daemonsmith, itā€™s an ace of a model!

unheilig:

dropped about $850 today on CDs. 2 deathshriekers, 1 dreadquake mortar, and a whole bunch of infernals

Galladorn:

dropped about $850 today on CDs. 2 deathshriekers, 1 dreadquake mortar, and a whole bunch of infernals

unheilig
NICE!
My biggest problem is lying to the wife about the true cost of these models.

Bolg:

NICE!  
My biggest problem is lying to the wife about the true cost of these models.

Galladorn
Hahahahahahahaha LOL (:

No wife or girlfriend at the moment so cant relate... unfortunately also no money d:

But its good to know they are selling.

Now get painting!!!

Swissdictator:

I admit, Iā€™m waiting until Throne of Chaos comes out. Having converted and painted my Chaos Dwarfs, Iā€™ve put a lot of heart into them. However I love the new sculpts. So I will supplement my Chaos Dwarfs with the new stuff, but Iā€™d like to have the book in hand first. :slight_smile: Hoping the tournaments here accept the Throne of Chaos CD list as standardā€¦ I really am.

Threadbare:

Iā€™m with Swiss on this one. Already have a 3rd edition army(not painted) and Iā€™m in no rush to get more till I have a book in hand. Hopefully strong sales for chaos dwarfs is a good sign for the future.

Ugly Green Trog:

Hopefully the book will be available at UK gamesday, I am also planning to add another 10 Infernal guard to bring my unit to 20 then get a magma cannon and deathshrieker plus characters. I really hope the sorceror prophit is available.