[Archive] ForgeWorld FAQ 2.0

French_noodle:

@Geist: as i said, i received this answer today, so the 11th of February. I asked for it on the 31st of January.

However, i think their next FAQ is ready since they sent me this answer. Can’t hurt to send your list, but it is probably already too late.

I agree with Thommy H by the way…

cornixt:

I expect that members of the forum can discuss and eventually come up with a forum FAQ for using the list for the parts that FW miss out (and they will miss out several things).

Geist:

What exactly am I chilling out about? There are questions to be asked, and I for one want to have them answered rather than sit there in oblivion for who knows how long.

Also thank you French noodle for getting the info.

Thommy H:

I dunno, you were talking about “running out of time” and “infighting” that might make us “appear weak or foolish”. I felt you might have been taking this a little seriously.

Geist:

Why yes there was infighting, and if anyone from Forgeworld bothers to read this forum we want them to see we are debating the questions to be sent off and not bickering. So yes that would make us as a group appear weak and foolish. As for time, I would like our new master list of questions to be set up before Forgeworld puts out their 2.0 FAQ. So yes we are running out of time. Lastly yes I take it serious, as in I seriously want to have answers to questions that have come up, also because I have wanted a CD army to be expected ever since 5th ed when they last had an official book.

fattdex:

Serious Business.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

lamo:

Hey I have another question that I’d love to have cleared up 100%

.For ash storm do we treat all open terrain as difficult terrain? I tend to have this arguement a bit so id love it if it was cleared up by fw.

Hopefully you guys get this out to them soon. :smiley:

lukealexandermorton:

Yes you do as the beastman spell is worded the same and that what you do for them.

lamo:

Yes you do as the beastman spell is worded the same and that what you do for them.

lukealexandermorton
the things is bro that since the damn 8th ed book has been out people have fought on both sides as to if you roll dangerous on open terrain. A glimmer of hope was found in the 8th ed tk book where it specified but then people argue that the beast spell (and now ash storm) are not specific. I personally agree that you should have to roll dangerous wherever you are....but not many people like losing 1/3 of a unit to movement.

Bolg:

But thats just because you dont have to test for dangerous terrain on open terrain, or at least I will never say that you have to…

But yeas, having this in the FAQ will clear that up nicely.

lamo:

has someone sent this in yet? im kinda worried they wont get our questions and then we’ll have 2 wait another 6 months for more faqs -_-.

deadlydeceiver:

Alright, I compiled all the questions that seemed accepted in this thread.

Most important now would be that a native speaker looks at it and corrects/improves the wording where needed.

Dreadquake Mortar

In what order are wounds removed from a Dreadquake Mortar with the Slave Ogre and/or Hellbound upgrades? The current assumption is that Hellbound is removed first, followed by individual Chaos Dwarf wound markers and the slave Ogre last (due to the rule of whole models being removed where possible and the machine not being able to be fired by the Hellbound rule with no crew).

Hellcannon

Does the Hellcannon enable a Daemonsmith to take his special �?oInfernal Engineer�?�-�?oLook Out, Sir!�?�-Roll while within 3�?�?

With the changes to the Hellcannons points and rules in the new Warriors of Chaos book should we use the points cost, profile and rules found there?

Deathshrieker

Is a hit of the Demolition Rocket of the Deathshrieker on a mounted monster distributed like a template/cannon hit? (meaning both parts, rider and mount get hit)

If a Deathshrieker Rocket does scatter from its original target and homes towards the closest unit, does it move towards the centre or the closest part/corner of that unit?

Bull Centaurs and Spears

Do Bull Centaurs with spears fight in an additional rank (as implied in the rulebook) or are they supposed to get the Strength bonus when charging like cavalry?

Great Taurus

Does the Great Taurus still follow the �?oFlaming Body�?�-rules as per Storm of Magic which was similar to the original version of the rule in Tamurkhan or should it be included in the updated rule from the FAQ? If it follows the rules as per Storm of Magic, may it also take the options like the Lammasu?

Giant Wolf

Does the Giant Wolf confer the �?oFast Cavalry�?�-Special Rule upon the Hobgoblin Khan, as indicated in the Orc and Goblin Armybook?

Steam Cannonade

May the Iron Daemon fire its Steam Cannonade after it engaged the boiler?

What kind of shooting penalties need to be applied on a Steam Cannonade shot after movement?

Black Hammer of Hashut

When a character with the Black Hammer of Hashut wounds a flammable multi-wound unit such as Treekin, how many wounds are inflicted for combat result? Does one treekin die for every wound dealt?

Ashstorm

Does a unit under the effect of Ashstorm treat open terrain as dangerous terrain?

Flames of Azgorh

If a character within a unit is under the hole of the template of the Flames of Azgorh does it have to take two �?oLook Out, Sir!�?�-rolls? One for the hit at Strength 6 and one for the Toughness test? Or is it a single one for both?

Next would be to compose a nice but serious e-mail and

collect the names of everyone who’d like to support the mail.

DD

brotsorrow:

Forgive me if this was covered somewhere else, but i have been absent for 6 months and just trying to catch up. What about clarity for the chalice of blood?

deadlydeceiver:

Forgive me if this was covered somewhere else, but i have been absent for 6 months and just trying to catch up. What about clarity for the chalice of blood?

brotsorrow
Q. Can I use the Chalice of Blood and Darkness�?Ts ability at any point in the Magic phase?
A. Yes �?" at any point in the Magic phase of either player�?Ts turn.

Official ForgeWorld FAQ
That's all we know. :hat off
DD

brotsorrow:

I know i sent an email last summer to FW about this item when we were “discussing” it and posted it in a thread. Didn’t know if everyone was happy with this item as is

deadlydeceiver:

Well sadly “being happy” isn’t always given with a FAQ-answer. (see blazing body)

But what you imply would be asking for a rule change and that’s another cup of tea and IMHO shouldn’t be included in our FAQ-mail, as I fear it could annoy FW.

DD

Da Crusha:

also see if the burning bright faq was meant to change the rule or just clarify (or confuse) when to take the test. it seems some people believe it should be taken from turn 3 now instead of turn 2 onward.

GodHead:

Get them to undo the errata on Blazing Body.

lamo:

honestly blazing body is fine as is. I would hate for the rules to keep flip flopping. I just want clarity for me and my opponents so tournies and even regular games dont need to come up with a “house rule” every time the army is played and thus make list writing a complete B1@%…

just my two cents

GodHead:

It’s fine as it’s written in the book.

Finer even.