[Archive] Forgeworld figures request

wallacer:

Just thought i’d point out to our members this thread over at Warseer.

Forgeworld thread at Warseer

The guy who started it is not just some random pleb, he does actually know people at GW and FW.

GRNDL:

When I read that first post, I think I almost wet myself.

After a few minutes, I confirmed that detail.

Very exciting. The other posts seemed to echo the demand. Seems like this is a fortuitous chance to make the CD community heard and perhaps get a start on the CD rerelease! And if not, this will lead to one HELL of a Hats vs. Helms/mask debate!

Swissdictator:

Hats or Masks I’ll be happy either way! I just want to see some Dawi Zharr figures and an army book! I would would even be happy to have Helms if they’re done decently. It’s not like we can’t convert even if they don’t go the route we like.

This is very exciting. Very nice find Wallacer. Now excuse me while I go celebrate starts head banging

wallacer:

I know i’m biased, but I think making CD would work out great for FW.

It would probably end up being the Fantasy equivalent of the Death Korps of Krieg.

On the other hand, I would spend a frightening amount of money if FW did release CD figures, so perhaps it’s for the best if they don’t…

Tarrakk Blackhand:

When I read that first post, I think I almost wet myself.

After a few minutes, I confirmed that detail.

Glad I wasn't at your house! LOL!

Should be fun times ahead! FINALLY someone's listening!

Just read the post. Funny how many people want the same old Blah, Blah, Blah. Chaos Dwarfs have been overlooked since 1995 and that's 14 years ago now! Time to get it in gear!

wallacer:

I think it’s well worth making our voices heard on that thread.

I’ve spoken to Hastings (the guy who started the thread on Warseer) via PM several times in the past and he seems pretty clued up on what’s going on.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Do you know if they’ve made any CD figures? I don’t have the link to their figure based web site.

dedwrekka:

Chaos Dwarfs have been overlooked since 1995 and that's 14 years ago now! Time to get it in gear!

Tarrakk Blackhand
Darn, I feel old very suddenly

Tarrakk Blackhand:

That’s ok.

I’m new to the Warhammer gaming world, actually the gaming world in general,  just getting it for my hobby store 2 years ago. In 1994 when all this stuff was coming out, like Warhammer and Magic : The Gathering, I was still playing D&D, FASA Star Trek and James Bond games from the 1970’s and 1980’s on the rare occasion with a few friends of mine. However, gaming wasn’t that big for me. I was “Discovering Girls” and “Being Social”. After all, I was 20 at the time.

When I opened my hobby store, Monster Hobbies, in 2004, I was primarily going to sell model cars as that was my interest.

However, through all the kids in town, we got into playing Hero Clix, Pirates, Magic, and Warhammer. And since that time WoW came out as did Chaotic. So even though I’m old, probably older than most of you here, I still feel young when it comes to playing these games. I just wish I had more time and more people to play the games with though.

GRNDL:

@Tarrack

We don’t stop playing games as we get older, bro, we get old because we stop playing games…

Henroth:

Just thought i'd point out to our members this thread over at Warseer.

Forgeworld thread at Warseer

The guy who started it is not just some random pleb, he does actually know people at GW and FW.

wallacer
Good, great news. I to begin to imagine the new miniatures of the Chaos Dwarfs...

Borka:

I think it's well worth making our voices heard on that thread.

wallacer
Exactly what I thought I have an account on warseer so I'll make some sort of CD promoting post in the thread.

cheers

Ubertechie:

Done - plus obligatory fire onto Hat / mask / helm debate…

clam:

Would be the best thing that ever could have happened to us - if FW were to do a full Chaos Dwarf miniature range :hat off

God, I hope they will listen - but would it be likely? Have such a thing been done before with succes?

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for this to happened - though it would drain my wallet badly :smiley:

Hashut’s Blessing:

says this instead of his long list of expletives of excitement

Hazkar:

would be great if it works…but there it is once again:the “if”

wallacer:

would be great if it works...but there it is once again:the "if"

Hazkar
Yep, but to be honest it only took me 30 seconds to make my post on Warseer supporting CD so even if nothing comes of it I haven't really lost much.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I’d love to posty there, but then I’d have to get an account with them and this might only be my 1 post.

I’ll have to consider it. Can you encourage me to do so?

wallacer:

There’s some slaves in it for you if you lobby for CDs on Warseer :wink:

Swissdictator:

I posted there, and happily too.

My post

goes about… “encouraging” Forgeworld to obey