[Archive] Fortified Chaos Dwarf Mine (not mine)

Ghrask Dragh:

This stuff is perfect for Chaos Dwarfs, I really like Teb’s artwork too :hat off

clam:

This is just

Great, great work!

Kera foehunter:

Holy cow!! that is cool clam thanks !!!

Willmark:

Holy Crap that is so cool!

two_heads_talking:

New stuff he is working on.
Simply amazing.
Last part to the whole mine piece he is creating ha.

Doogle
what is he carving that out of? soap stone?

Willmark:

Not sure but the keep was wooden. He has a cr*pload of woodworking tools in the background of many of the photos…

Marcus:

The material is 1/16" MDF. Medium Density Fiberboard is a cabinetmaking material. It is primarilly made of the same material as brown paper bags. (Does anyone remember paper grocery bags anymore?!) Anyway, think dozens of layers of resin impregnated brown paper and you are not too far off. MDF comes in thicknesses from 1/16" all the way up to about 1-1/4", maybe a little thicker. It is an excellent modeling material, but you do need to use a few woodworking tools to really work with it.

I like it because of the weight and durability, and I have an endless supply of it. However, many people make absolutely stunning terrain using cardboard, paper, and styrofoam. These materials require more readily accessible tools for most model makers.

Also, Doogle, it is far from the last part of the mine!

Marcus

Willmark:

Marcus- well done as always, also thank you for the time to answer here on the forum.

Also- do you realize how high you have set the bar now for creating chaos dwarf terrain! :slight_smile:

wallacer:

That really is spectacular. :hat off

clam:

Welcome Marcus! So nice to see (hear from) the artist himself here at CDO. Your work is amazing :hat off

Hope you’ll keep us updated. As you can see, your work is ‘a bit’ popular at this forum too :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

well great job!!! love your work Marcus!!!

2 head great idea !!! Soap stone would be cool to use for a wall carving

Marcus:

Hey All,

Once again, I appreciate the kind comments. I will check in from time to time and comment, or answer questions. This whole thing is Teb’s baby really.

I would encourage you to see the complete thread over at Warhammer-Empire.com.

Also, someone donated some “slaves” to me? What is that all about?

Marcus

Xander:

Hey All,

Once again, I appreciate the kind comments. I will check in from time to time and comment, or answer questions. This whole thing is Teb's baby really.

I would encourage you to see the complete thread over at Warhammer-Empire.com.

Also, someone donated some "slaves" to me? What is that all about?

Marcus

Marcus
Slaves are the currency of respect. The more slaves you have, the more respect you will have on the forum! :)

Thanks for signing up!

wallacer:

Also, someone donated some "slaves" to me? What is that all about?

Marcus
That was me.
Slaves:
Everyone knows Chaos Dwarfs deal in slaves. Whether it is from Orc bosses, or Ogre Tyrant, if you want the services of a Chaos Dwarf you pay them with slaves!

I am happy to announce that CDO's slave plugin is now working. The only people who can give out slaves are Admins and Mods. They will be able to reward people for good posts, good etiquette, for winning painting competitions, or anything else! Users will also gradually earn slaves for being members, you may not even know why! We have decided to keep it a mystery to reduce abuse. And look out! If you are caught being mean or nasty to fellow members, the staff may see fit to punish you by sacrificing your slaves!

It's pretty simple, be a positive member of the community and you will earn slaves, be a negative member of the community and you will lose slaves. Slaves are good for bragging rights, as well as a sense of accomplishment! Once you earn your own slaves you can donate them to other users, or even pay users to make you things (like avatars!).

Currently, slaves will be earned quite slowly, so don't be too worried if you don't have any!

Let the slave trade begin!

Perturabo:

I believe this to be the most jaw-dropping thing I have seen on the world wide interweb. I have been through the thread so far at Warhammer-Empire, and it is incredibly impressive. I really like the look you and Teb have come up with for the Dawi-Zharr.

You are a freakishly talented individual.

cianty:

This is totally mind-blowing! :o

…and it shows the awesome support of Chaos Dwarfs by the fans. Should be a sign to the powers that be.

Doogle:

I like it because of the weight and durability, and I have an endless supply of it. However, many people make absolutely stunning terrain using cardboard, paper, and styrofoam. These materials require more readily accessible tools for most model makers.

Also, Doogle, it is far from the last part of the mine!

Marcus

Marcus
I am glad.
I need more to look forward to hah.
If you don't mind, I am going to borrow some of your ideas when I get to building something for my army. I have plans in mind for a scale ziggurat for my army and an upcoming campaign, and I would very much like to use some of your basic ideas to help construct detail on to it. (The little triangular CD faces being the main thing).

speedygogo:

Awesome, inspiring work!

Hashut’s Blessing:

As Marcus said, that SPECTaCLAR, gob-smacking carving is made from wood. Outstanding!

Willmark:

Seriously can anyone hold a candle to this, we are but mere mortals when looking at this…