[Archive] Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blog

Fuggit Khan:

Work in progress on some Hobgoblins…I love Hobgoblins, perhaps because I have always thought that they look like angry hamsters

Yodrin:

Nice, like the green highlight there

Abecedar:

And as always for my self appointed challenge, I paint each Chaos Dwarf just a slight bit different from his mate.

Fuggit Khan
I have tried to paint some of mine all the same and just let fatigue create the differences.

Fuggit Khan:

Now that the Golden Hat is over, I might as well share a bit more of my K’Daai Destroyer. I originally wanted to go with some sort of large bull, but then decided to take an entirely different approach after I read that the K’Daai Destroyer is “fashioned into the form of mighty warriors…” and listed as being equipped with “spite and hellfire (hand weapon)”. So I went with the idea of a large metal armor that has a daemon bound within. I hand painted the rune of Volcano/Fury on the chest because what better daemon to bind as a Destroyer than one summoned from the fury of a volcano?

Making the base was the funnest part, lots of green stuff, resin rock outcroppings along with resin skulls from Secret Weapon to make the “Road of Skulls” that travels through Zorn Uzkul

And last but not least…the one rock outcropping acts as a nice display base for my Chaos Dwarf Lord :hat off

Gunnerson:

I like the base. What are all the dead people from?

Fuggit Khan:

I like the base. What are all the dead people from?

Gunnerson
Glad you like it...the skulls/skeletons are resin bases from 'Secret Weapon', they make a nice variety of bases in various sizes (I think these were 40mm bases). I then cut them up and laid them out along with some added skull bits to make the 'Road of Skulls'. I really like that there are both human and orc skulls mixed in together, which lends to the idea that the Chaos Dwarf masters laid out dead slaves to make the road that runs through Zorn Uzkul.

Averrucus:

hey, that’s a really nice model for a K’daii! where is it from?

Yodrin:

Not my cup of tea when it comes to the model, but a nice paint job, and a great base!!!

Soulassassin:

Loving the belt buckle/shield boss! Its from the old empire shield sprue right? I actually sat removing those bits from the sprue last night (for storing them in the “bitz archive” and though the skulls would make a great CD icon. What are the odds? :hat

Super smooth paint job! It is a different take on the K`daai but I like it.

Fuggit Khan:

@ Averrucus: I’m glad you like the model…it’s actually an action figure called ‘Iron Bison’ from the Japanese TV show “Tiger and Bunny”. Weird names. I saw it sitting on a shelf in a small store in Singapore, and knew right away that it would be a nice take on an armored K’Daai Destroyer.

@ Yodrin: Yeah, I know it’s not most peoples cup of tea, perhaps too different. But that’s what I like about it, I really wanted to do something different than what had been done before. And thanks for your feedback and comments, I really appreciate them :slight_smile:

@ Soulassassin: You’ve got a good eye there! Yes, they’re from the old Empire shield sprue. Nice that you came up with the same idea…two great minds thinking alike huh? :hat off

Averrucus:

uh! right, Rock Bison!! I loved T&B, without the shoulder drills it looked familiar but quite different!!
many thanks and again, great work!! it looks so golem-esque up to eleven!!

Fuggit Khan:

Work in progress: Hobgoblin painting assembly line…I’ve slacked off a bit in my painting routine, which can be entirely blamed on Skyrim Legendary Edition.

Yodrin:

So far, so god. Like the p. scheme!!

BABIS:

they look awesome!! keep em coming :wink:

Fuggit Khan:

Over the weekend I finally got off my lazy butt and decided to make a Hobgoblin Standard Bearer (I have not had one for nearly 20 years). I was reluctant to use a paper banner/flag, since they look nice but always rip. So I dug through my trusty bits box and came up with an idea that keeps the ‘feel’ of Hobgoblins but will hold up better against wear and tear:

Abecedar:

looking good. proper standards and a BSB are something I need to do too

BABIS:

well done!

even if I’m afraid that it will break too ^^

Fuggit Khan:

Well, I finished up my Hobgoblin Standard Bearer…and despite me dropping him twice already, the standard did not break (Thank You Hashut). I decided to add small red rings at the top of the pole to denote battle prowess (based on the WWII German practice of ‘kill rings’ on tanks, etc). Each red stripe marks 1000 pts of enemy models my Hobbo’s have killed (starting this month)…lets see how long it takes to fill the whole thing (years!).

Also some work in progress pics of my Hobgoblin Khan on foot, some simple added details to spice him up: Plastic strips cut to arrow designs on his weapon and green stuff tongue…I think all Goblin-kind just look meaner and more vicious with a tongue hanging out:

And my Hobgoblin Khan on foot all finished:

And last but not least, I finished up a Hobgoblin command group last night. I use the old Night Goblin shields for my Hobgoblins, the look fits well for them and I like to think that the shields represent a volcano and the eye of Hashut (a Hobgoblin blessing of sorts) :hat off

tjub:

Looks great!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Yodrin:

Looks cool, and great painted!!!