[Archive] Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blog

DAGabriel:

Looking cool, keep them coming. Perhaps I will get some drive to get mine hobbos out again.

BABIS:

sweet hobgobbos ^^ you are very good with the plastic arrows, I’m not so efficient… when I do that work my arrows are very messy -errr- I mean chaotic ^^

Fuggit Khan:

Thank you everybody for all the nice comments. I have always loved Hobgoblins, and even though many people don’t give them much credit I think if played well they add invaluable support to a Chaos Dwarf army. If nothing else they’re fun to paint…I’m hoping more people will be inspired to give the Hobbo’s a try :h

BABIS:

we need to see some other converted big hats!! :smiley:

Fuggit Khan:

we need to see some other converted big hats!! :D

BABIS
This is for you BABIS, more converted Big Hats...work in progress for my Battle Standard Bearer, I hope you like him :hat off

Using the Bull Centaur standard bearer:

First I sculpted his robe in green stuff and added plastic feet from an Empire cannon guy:

Next we sculpt the armor scales over the robe:

And onto my favorite bit, the Big Hat! I cut off the skull and replaced it with the bull head from the Hero banner poles:

And here we are...still more work to go though (It's embarassing how slow of a painter I can be):

:hat off

Bolg:

Oh thats a very nice conversion!

tjub:

Great conversion!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

BABIS:

This is for you BABIS, more converted Big Hats...work in progress for my Battle Standard Bearer, I hope you like him :hat off

Fuggit Khan
Thank you mate! :cheers
I really appreciate this work! I also have a couple of "bullcentaur" on foot conversions one sorcerer and one hero , they are very nice to work with ;) once I wanted to build a whole unit of warriors based on the BC torsos but I realized it would have been a big and long job ^^

anyway my advice is to add him a nice cloak ;) just to improve the "hero-looking" aspects... do you have ideas for the left hand? I would add a small axe like tho one from the original standard bearers, or just a nice shield...

Fuggit Khan:

Thanks guys :hat off
And a cape…that’s an interesting idea. I was originally thinking of sculpting some shoulder plates similar to this guy:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.php?title=Image:Hero_with_axe_1.JPG

I’ll have to give it some more thought now. And yes, I did cut off his left hand because the original position makes him impossible to rank up on foot. I have always liked things that go “bash”, so I will probably give him a mace or some sort of spiked club. I’ll try out some idea’s this weekend and see what I come up with…thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

Abecedar:

looking very nice. though destruction of a CD models original form makes me sad. Even for such a worthy cause as what you’ve created

Fuggit Khan:

I’ve managed to clear off some space on my modeling table by finishing up my latest batch of Hobgoblin boyz (I have a terrible habit of starting multiple model projects and cluttering up my work table).

These three are obviously the same model, but with some easy steps such as swapping out hand weapons and changing up their hats, these Hobbo’s can each have a bit of their own look to them:

Front ranks for my Hobgoblin Cutthroats…I’m fighting the urge to start painting up another batch of Hobbo’s, they’re fun to paint but I need to get back to modeling their Chaos Dwarf masters :hat

Skink:

Cool Hobbos! And slow and steady wins the race :)!

BABIS:

I love those shields!!! :smiley:

Soulassassin:

The standard bearer looks great, very Hobgobliny. I was thinking of doing the same thing with some of my Hobbos, as I have always found the big flowing banners a bit to fancy for them :slight_smile:

Bolg:

yay, keep those updates coming! love the hobs and especially the very subtle banner conversion, so very in style. good work.

Fuggit Khan:

About 20 years ago while playing against a good friend of mine (who plays ‘regular’ Dwarfs), we had a game where all of his and all of my war machines regularly misfired. It led to a long running joke between us that both our armies had bought their “unstable” black powder from the same unscrupulous Goblin merchant, leading to what we jokingly now call “Goblin misfires”. Well, after 20 years my Earthshaker Cannon is in need of a repaint, and I got to thinking about “Goblin misfires”…so I stripped the old paint, took the model apart and have added the Goblin misfire culprit himself:

After all, one does not sell faulty black powder to Chaos Dwarfs and expect to get away with it, right? :idea

Sticklander:

Ahaha, that projectile is deliciously evil! :wink:

I can imagine some of the more eccentric Chaos Dwarf engineers punishing his slaves in such a way!

Loving how the army is looking! I’ve been tempted to use the Bull Centaur upper bodies as usual CD warriors, but Bull Centaurs are expensive enough as they are!

Fuggit Khan:

Glad you like it…it’ll be the last time for that Goblin merchant to sell faulty black powder to my army. Once the vengeful Chaos Dwarfs caught up to his caravan, they used him for range finder practice :mad

BABIS:

ehehehehe it looks so funny :cheers :cheers

Fuggit Khan:

Finished painting up a musician…this particular figure is one of my favorite Chaos Dwarf sculpts by Alan Perry. I think I love it so much because of the stance and the expression on his face: totally typifies resolute and contempt.