[Archive] FW Chaos Dwarfs/Hobgoblins?

Gruumpih:

I’ve finally ordered my CD army, very steam punk with a lot of machines, but what i’m interested in now is some Chaos Dwarfs w Hailshot blunderbusses.

The Dwarf models manning the war machines are smashing work, Does anybody know anything about a FW CD unit or Hobgoblins for that matter?

(It’s been all Horus Heresy boring marines stuff for a while now, LET’S GO WARHAMMER FORGE!) :hat

Thommy H:

FW have said their Chaos Dwarf range is complete now. Hobgoblins aren’t a viable unit for them to sell (you need at least twenty, and no one’s going to pay FW prices for a unit of chaff like that) and the blunderbuss option is only in there for people with the old models.

Mad Dave:

Guess i will be working on a couple of destroyer miniatures then. i was looking forward to FW destroyer.

Ugly Green Trog:

They are making the destroyer but its the last thing they are going to make. IMHO it sucks ass though from early pics of it so you’d do better (and save money most likely) by making your own. My destroyer cost me £45 for the mauler fiend and about a fiver for some cygor bits off bitzbox I can’t see the warhammer forge one being cheaper than £70

fattdex:

If you are interested in the style, Scibor miniatures makes nice an useful blunderbuss and hand weapon/shield ‘moscal’ minis. They look good in with forgeworld warmachine chaos dwarves and character models. Your milage may vary on liking the style, but the sculpts are quite nice.

Check various parts of the website for hobgoblin conversion inspiration.

Ugly Green Trog:

I think most people use stormvermin with goblin heads, I do anyway, got the idea from one of the guys on this site. Not a personal fan of the moscals the odd character is ok but I dislike the style.

Gruumpih:

Bit of a missed chance me thinks, with just a set of 5 different heads and 2/3 types of hailshot you could easily use the infernal guard bodies to make regular chaos dwarfs, seeing as they’re all wearing Blackshard armour anyways…

Ah, in hindsight they would have already done so seeing there’s no entry in the book for regular dwarfs.

But come on, how hard could it be to sculpt 2 different types of hands holding a hailshot… Honestly.

Stormvermin it is, that looks sweeeeet

ZigZags:

Or you could just use the big hat blunderbusses and paint them to match your army. I only use the FW CDs for Ironsworn. For Regular hw/s and gw warriors its all about the big hats baby.

zetaplus:

Hey guys, looks like FW will be completing the Chaos Dwarf range, including Hobgoblins - This is based on an e-mail I have sent them, plus the attached image. Good news, it seems!

GeofreyShank:

Brilliant if true

Hopefully they get on it soon.

I’m getting tired of nothing but Horus Heresy releases.

zetaplus:

Brilliant if true

Hopefully they get on it soon.
I'm getting tired of nothing but Horus Heresy releases.

GeofreyShank
If Forge World have said it, I'll take it as true... Timelines on the other hand, who knows? The whole Horus Heresy thing is basically them printing money IMO, so I can see why they prioritize it.

Satan:

That may very well just mean that they’ll do the Destroyer…

Ugly Green Trog:

Well they’d said yup to unit options. I think the minimum they should do is GW for bull centaurs and IG as well as Hailshot Bb and command for bull centaurs.

zetaplus:

That may very well just mean that they'll do the Destroyer...

Satan
There's already a massive WIP thread with the Destroyer on this very forum!

Ugly Green Trog:

That may very well just mean that they'll do the Destroyer...

Satan
There's already a massive WIP thread with the Destroyer on this very forum!

zetaplus
I'm pretty sure that one is for people's ideas for their own versions or their own WIP threads. The few pics we have of the WF destroyer are shockingly ugly!

Satan:

I meant that it doesn’t say they’ll do Hobgoblins specifically.

Ugly Green Trog:

I meant that it doesn't say they'll do Hobgoblins specifically.

Satan
Well last time I spoke to a member of the WF team at games day last year they categorically said that they were NOT going to make hobgoblins because WF horde infantry would be cost prohibitive for buyers that it probably wouldn't be worth it ( although if GW keeps the price rises up IG are gonna be cheaper than plastic elite infantry very soon). I think it was Edgar stromorwoski(sp) that I spoke to and he did say that if they ever did it would probably be a small conversion kit and possibly some riders for the GW plastic wolves.

Veshnakar:

Well they say that but I would by 80 hobgoblins and about 15 wolfriders in a second.

Ugly Green Trog:

I estimate that hobgoblins would be about £32-40 for ten (depending on wether they do all options as one kit or separately). That would put 80 at £256-320 which is out of most people’s price ranges for chaff infantry.

zetaplus:

I meant that it doesn't say they'll do Hobgoblins specifically.

Satan
Well last time I spoke to a member of the WF team at games day last year they categorically said that they were NOT going to make hobgoblins because WF horde infantry would be cost prohibitive for buyers that it probably wouldn't be worth it ( although if GW keeps the price rises up IG are gonna be cheaper than plastic elite infantry very soon). I think it was Edgar stromorwoski(sp) that I spoke to and he did say that if they ever did it would probably be a small conversion kit and possibly some riders for the GW plastic wolves.

Ugly Green Trog
They also said they were NOT going to do the Horus Heresy at a seminar at Games Day a few years back, and what do you know, we have Heresy books and models. *shrug*