[Archive] FW "Panic buying"

PhilmacFLy:

So are you planning on buying ahead from FW, seeing as (appereantly) all WHFB seems to get crushed an rebuild as a Skirm game?

I my self, seeing as the Skull Cracker is already out of Stock and I heard something rumored about “Broken Molds”, planning on getting DRAZHOATH before he goes out of Stock aswell.

Admiral:

They might release a skirmish game as an entry-level extra, a bit like kill-team in 40k, to allow beginners to get to grips with Warhammer without investing a fortune first, but there’s no business sense at all for Games Workshop to make people stop buy large hordes and monsters for big armies, and instead only concentrate on skirmishing, which requires few miniatures and thus produce scantily any profit for GW.

Just think about all the excess miniatures that would suddenly flood Ebay and lower second-hand prices a great deal if GW shrank WHFB to Warhammer Skirmish.

There might, however, be reasons to “panic buy” from both GW and Forgeworld. Particularly GW’s Lotr and older WHFB miniatures, and now also Forgeworld’s following the disappearance of the Toad Dragon. Get them whilst they’re hot, or buy them for even more on Ebay!

Bloodbeard:

This rumor is new to me. Getting redone into a skirmish game? I can’t make any sense of that whay so ever.

So please share some links to posts, rumors or anything else supporting that claim.

FW has replied to emails about the out of stock thing. The molds are expensive and takes time to get redone. But they will according to FW, demanda just needs to be there.

If Drazhoath mold dies, it’ll be back sooner than the skullcracker. He’s a much more used model.

On a different note: Why would you want a skullcracker anyway? I can see the reason from a ‘collect the complete line’ perspective. But as a game piece the skull cracker is a bad tactical choice. Unless playing siege games.

Admiral:

Rules can change greatly between editions and army books, so don’t pay them much heed when building your collection. Why wouldn’t you want a Skullcracker? It’s a cool model, even though absurd in a Donald Duck kind of way. :wink:

Bitterman:

The skirmish rumour has been kicking around on Warseer for a while (mainly from one guy in particular), but it’s clearly absolute rubbish. (That is to say, they could conceivably make a skirmish game as a stepping stone to large Warhammer battles, but they will never replace the large battles with a skirmish game, as the guy on Warseer keeps pretending). Pay it no more mind.

Not sure about “panic buying” from FW; but given that they can and do take stuff off sale without notice, if you want it, buy it while you know it’s available. I can understand them taking stuff off sale as they do need to manage inventory, but I just wish they’d give some notice… for example I was a day away from splashing £250 on a Tau BFG fleet, when they took it off sale. (By the way, once it’s gone, it’s gone. Obviously stuff that is “out of stock” will come back, but stuff that is “no longer available” is gone forever… and if you want to try to insist that’s not the case, try to find just one example of it happening). So don’t “panic buy” something you don’t really want for fear of shortage, but if you know you definitely want it, pick it up when you can, in case one day you can’t.

gIL^:

So are you planning on buying ahead from FW, seeing as (appereantly) all WHFB seems to get crushed an rebuild as a Skirm game?

I my self, seeing as the Skull Cracker is already out of Stock and I heard something rumored about "Broken Molds", planning on getting DRAZHOATH before he goes out of Stock aswell.

PhilmacFLy
Trust me, If Forgeworld stopped selling forgeworld they will still be made by someone else. Ive had recasts from ebay better than what forgeworld made so don't worry.

Grimstonefire:

I made a killing buying to sell FW Tau ships. Over 5 ships including the ramiliies I made about £300 profit.

I hope this skullcracker thing is rubbish, as that’s my favourite war machine visually and it’s the only one I haven’t got yet.

Bitterman:

I made a killing buying to sell FW Tau ships.  Over 5 ships including the ramiliies I made about £300 profit.

Grimstonefire
Yeah, not surprised. I think about trying to get a fleet together every now and then, but the moment I look at eBay prices I flinch and give up on the whole idea.

I was willing to spend £250 on a large fleet from FW, but I'm not spending £60 and up to get one model on eBay. Apparently, others are...

Grimstonefire:

Reading on Warseer it seems actually there is something to this, I may have missed my chance to pick up the Skullcracker as items dropping out of stock are not coming back for some time. :mad

I’ll ring them up soon and see if they have one left I can order. Beats silly money on ebay.

TheHoodedMan:

I mailed fw some time ago. They told me the scull cracker mold us getting cleaned and repaired and that there will be new wh forge models as soon as hh needs less attention.

Grimstonefire:

So I’ve just called FW to ask about the skullcracker and toad dragon.

The toad dragon is discontinued.

The skullcracker the original master has deteriorated and needs to be reworked by a designer before being remoulded. The guy estimated 6-8 weeks for that to happen as the designer has to fit it around other commitments. But it is scheduled to come back. :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

lol    A Tall hat  doesn’t panic  when slave chaos dwarfs are not being made anymore… i Have a whole army that no longer being made .

and there freacking metal :hat off

Honeym123:

Well I am defently gonna get me 1-2 Tar’ruks one of theese days

And yes… That’s a panic buy

Admiral:

The Toad Dragon gone. I can’t understand why. It’s a good sculpt, and I’m sure it didn’t sell that poorly. I’ve seen quite an amount of them on Warseer, which is often a rough indicator of popularity. If my guesstimates about Toad Dragon sales aren’t in the blue, then it seem they should return it to the stores when Warhammer Forge goes live again.

Doombeard:

Talking of Tamurkhan - the book is £32 at the moment. Has it always been that cheap?

TheHoodedMan:

Think it was 45.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Bitterman:

Wow, that’s a huge price cut.

Sounds horribly like “priced to clear”, doesn’t it?

Dînadan:

Oh no, not this again...  :(

Herby
What are you Herby, a bowl of petunias? ;p

tenebre:

I was actually getting ready to make a nurgle army with The toad dragon as my lord… but without him i dont want to anymore :frowning:

I get not many people play with that stuff they sell but why dont they just make them to order? (like a 6 week order time) you know like the recasters do …

Doombeard:

I finally bought a copy, was looking for one on Ebay but they are going for the same price so made sense