[Archive] FW "Panic buying"

llamafish:

I called fw and the book is going out of print, so I rushed out and got it.

Mainly for my fimir army (needs the plague toads and toad Dragon), the side affect is to get CD rules too that I decide to take advantage of!

Malorndk:

If Tamurkhan goes out of print it is a huge loss for us…

Dînadan:

If Tamurkhan goes out of print it is a huge loss for us...

Malorndk
We could always start a petition...

Doombeard:

Huge news, I wonder what that will mean, maybe this was a bad time to start collecting an army… I guess now its all about whether 9th edition will make them an obsolete list

llamafish:

Well pretty sure whfb is changing format to encourage new players,

Just add up how much it costs for a new army at 2.4k pts.

tenebre:

hmmm really odd to make the book OOP. I guess WF was a huge financial loss (partly their fault for doing so many monsters that most players wont allow/use) we for example allow any monsters to be taken as a rare choice (provided its for your army, i.e. magma dragon for CD, Dread Saurian for lizzies, etc) . But most people don’t and wont even play SoM so almost their entire line is a niche.

My guess is if a 9th comes out they will PDF it like they did with the IA lists. So hopeful for that.

Doombeard:

change.org is a great and easy way to make a petition, maybe we could find some way to get GW/FW to give more recognition to cd’s as a mainstream legal army.

Doombeard:

My Tamurkhan book arrived today, and the front artwork on the cover is all askew and not stuck on or lined up correctly, really annoyed!

Bloodbeard:

My Tamurkhan book arrived today, and the front artwork on the cover is all askew and not stuck on or lined up correctly, really annoyed!

iamahobgoblin
Contact FW and send a picture of it. There's never any problem getting stuff fixes with them.

Rettile:

i’m starting my army right in this moment, i really hope CD stay…

Bloodbeard:

i'm starting my army right in this moment, i really hope CD stay...

Rettile
CD stay. With or without official support. Managed to survive and even thrive a decade without support. No matter what happens.

Zharr-Nagrund will rise again.

tjub:

Jupp, don’t worry… Id say CDO had its golden days before Tamurkhan came out. :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Jupp, don't worry... Id say CDO had its golden days before Tamurkhan came out. :)

tjub
Agreed! :hat off

:hashut

MadHatter:

change.org is a great and easy way to make a petition, maybe we could find some way to get GW/FW to give more recognition to cd's as a mainstream legal army.

iamahobgoblin
I say start it!

Perhaps you can manage to sneak in an article in the coming WoH aswell, a speech for the masses :hat off

hypnotix:

Problem is that if they won’t have oficial armybook you won’t be able to play them in most tournaments.

Admiral:

I believe the Legion of Azgorh list would remain tournament-legal at least for most Swedish tournaments. But the more time passes without any available book (Tamurkhan) with that army list, or without rules update/support from Forge World or Games Workshop, chances increase that Chaos Dwarfs will drop out.

In that case Chaos Dwarfs Online have an important task at hand. We already have Thommy H’s great armybook, but for tournaments the safer bet is FW’s LoA.

Just like the community on this site kept the CD Ravening Hordes list up-to-date with new editions, the best rules-bent minds here will have to provide FAQ and adaptions of LoA’s rules to new editions, available as a single download file on this website. Perhaps even including corrections to some points costs (or that could be part 2), like increasing Magma Cannon cost and lowering the cost of Infernal Guards with great weapons.

If we advocate such a community-supported LoA update well enough across the web, in wargaming clubs and at tournaments, then there should be good chances to see many if not most tournaments accepting a CDO-maintained LoA list. Making it in two parts, with the first containing rules adaptions/fixes/FAQ and the second part adjusted points costs, should make it simple for tournament organizers to decide whether they’ll allow part 1 or parts 1+2 LoA armies on their tournaments. With enough diligence, accepting such LoA lists could even become an established norm for tournaments.

The critical things would be to keep it all accurate and balanced, and keep it small. Adding new unit entries wouldn’t fit the format and could be seen as too wildcard.

MadHatter:

The critical things would be to keep it all accurate and balanced, and keep it small. Adding new unit entries wouldn't fit the format and could be seen as too wildcard.

Admiral
On adding units... Regular Orc Boyz and regular Goblins could be brought back as core and Black Orcs as special choice following their rulebook. It could be motivated by the old rulebook :)

hypnotix:

All dependent how much new edition will cheang the game. If the rumors are correct we sould expect major cheanges, similar to 5/6 ed transition (do you remember old card-basesed magic?). In this case adjusting old book to new reality would require a lot of cheanges. Bigger cheanges means bigger resistance from other armies palyers to allow it in tournaments.

TheHoodedMan:

I suppose a petititon could do no damage.

Everyone of us could promote it in the best possible way. Sure you can play and collect chaos dwarves without “official” support but it will be definitely difficult, even more in a competitive surrounding. So an official document from Forgeworld or even better GW in printed or digital form would be much, much better.

Grollbringer:

As long as the 8 ed is currently I see no problems for the Legion. With or withour tamurkhan book.

Critical is the transition to the 9 ed.

Maybe a petititon could really help. Even if it does not help, it was worth a try.

On german tournaments are only an official list recognized. Because that, i really hope we get an update!