[Archive] FW "Panic buying"

Heavygear:

Time to buy the Warriors of Chaos rulebook.

Grollbringer:

This was my thought too if the chaos dwarfs die again in the new ed :(. Many units could be used as “count as” but for chariots and knights i have no idea what i could use.

Dînadan:

This was my thought too if the chaos dwarfs die again in the new ed :(. Many units could be used as "count as" but for chariots and knights i have no idea what i could use.

Grollbringer
Chariots - use Whirlwinds and Tenderisers
Knights - use 5th ed Bull Centaurs

Bloodbeard:

I don’t believe 9th edition will be out before next earliest next summer. Not with The End Times going on. But when 9th edition comes out - they simple have to update the rules. It would be a rather simple FAQ.

Everything else would be rude and really giving the finger to a lot of miniature collectors. You don’t put out an expensive line of miniatures that people cannot use. I don’t believe it. Not unless a company actively is pursuing the “Lex Luthors Evil Coorporation Stamp of Aproval!”

Dînadan:

. Not unless a company actively is pursuing the "Lex Luthors Evil Coorporation Stamp of Aproval!"

Bloodbeard
Don't you know, the rumours have it that the new CEO is going to be a certain bald chap?

:P

Honeym123:

I don't believe 9th edition will be out before next earliest next summer. Not with The End Times going on. But when 9th edition comes out - they simple have to update the rules. It would be a rather simple FAQ.

Everything else would be rude and really giving the finger to a lot of miniature collectors. You don't put out an expensive line of miniatures that people cannot use. I don't believe it. Not unless a company actively is pursuing the "Lex Luthors Evil Coorporation Stamp of Aproval!"

Bloodbeard
I thought this too. But then again. I heard rumors that ninth goes over to skirmish games ala 40 k. That would render thousands of points rendless in all of the big armies!

sam585:

I sent this question into FW email almost 2 months ago,

"Will Forgeworld/Warhammer Forge update and or amend any issues that might occur with the Legion of Azgorh army list after the release of Warhammer 9th edition so the book and rules are still useable?"

The response was…

"Hi there.

Our rules team try to work on any updates as soon as a new publication is released that affects anything that we produce. However, they have to fit this in to their schedule that they already have.

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us."

Regards,

Forge World

So take that as you may. I am optimistic that when 9th ed comes out LoA WILL be updated (it might not be immediately but it will happen) solely for the fact that it sells, and it is a legitimate warhammer army.

Heavygear:

I don't believe 9th edition will be out before next earliest next summer. Not with The End Times going on. But when 9th edition comes out - they simple have to update the rules. It would be a rather simple FAQ.

Everything else would be rude and really giving the finger to a lot of miniature collectors. You don't put out an expensive line of miniatures that people cannot use. I don't believe it. Not unless a company actively is pursuing the "Lex Luthors Evil Coorporation Stamp of Aproval!"

Bloodbeard
See Dogs of War, Storm of Chaos and Chaos Dwarfs 5th edition.

GW has 0 problem completely erasing a rules set and miniature line. DoW half heartedly survived two editions thanks to Alessio's love of all things Italian. I would be truly surprised to see similar attention given to chaos dwarfs. Tamurkhan was only ever barely accepted by tournament organizers in that they allowed chaos dwarfs. No chaos mixed army lists or empire mercenary lists. Half the book's rules were never officially recognized by players.

Fortunately with some 25mm bases I can continue to play with my evil little stunties. I'm glad I never did convert blunderbusses.

I hope to see a daemon + WoC crossover in the end times that would allow me to use my iron daemons as Skull Cannons. Otherwise they will be counts as gore beast chariots I suppose.

TheHoodedMan:

Without official support it will be very difficult to play CD at competitive plays and tournaments. Thats why we shouldn`t let this happen without resistance. Maybe the best time for a message to GW is after announcement of the new CEO and before last decisions about 9th Ed. are made.

By the way: There are tournaments in Germany where Dogs of War are still allowed. There is a little spark of hope that it would be the same with CD.

Admiral:

Good point, The HoodedMan. Dogs of War are also allowed on some, or perhaps all, Swedish tournaments.

Odatria:

You lot aren’t being optimistic enough. What if Tamurkhan is going out of print because the fluff is being replaced in The End Times series, and the chaos dwarf list will feature there instead, chaos is the next book rumoured too.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for that, plus it would breathe new life into sales for forgeworld to have an updated list bought out. I’m still waiting to buy about 30 more infernal guard and 9 bull centaurs once I get around to it. New books always influence my buying habits though, hence why I stopped buying chaos dwarfs for now to update my wood elves instead.

Maybe they’ll finally release the destroyer with the end times, so I can buy that to go alongside my conversion. After all they’re dropping products that don’t sell to make space for new ones…

Doombeard:

Well not long to wait as its out Mid October, so about 3 weeks! All the rumours point to new Nurgle stuff and a Cult of Slaanesh mashing Dark Elves & Chaos together.

tenebre:

There is no WAY GW is releasing CD rules. They DONT sell the models therefore not making rules for them. I do have faith FW would issue an update though if a 9th comes out. Which will NOT be a skirmish game (thats going to be something else as a starter thing) trust me on this. GW is NOT going to slim down the game, it makes no sense financially let alone historically.

Skink:

Maybe they'll finally release the destroyer with the end times

Odatria
I genuinely hope that something horrible happened to that thing. The Ugliest model EVER sculpted by a GW employee, and that includes Nagash's older incarnation. Honestly, if in the future I would ever face a CD army that includes "It-who-must-not-be-produced" then I'm going to ask my opponent to replace it with a Hello Kitty figure (<---- fictional event deliberately exaggerated).

tenebre:

i have never seen this unproduced model. got a pic/link?

Dînadan:

tenebre
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13580

Fuggit Khan:

tenebre

Dînadan
Auuuuuugh! Noooooooooooo!!!!
Note from my eyes to my brain:
"Dear brain, we're so sorry that we looked at this abomination of a model, and sorry that the image was then sent via the optic nerve to you. Our bad, sorry"
:(

Sticklander:

tenebre

Dînadan
Auuuuuugh! Noooooooooooo!!!!
Note from my eyes to my brain:
"Dear brain, we're so sorry that we looked at this abomination of a model, and sorry that the image was then sent via the optic nerve to you. Our bad, sorry"
:(

Fuggit Khan
I would say flay your optic nerves for their insolence, but that might be a bad idea.

OT: At the moment I find it very hard to predict the direction Forge World are going with the Chaos Dwarfs/Warhammer Fantasy, especially considering the changes GW are making.
I suppose all we can do is pray to Hashut that once Horus Heresy/40k dries up for Forge World (a doubtful scenario), that they'll return their attention to Warhammer fantasy, and the Chaos Dwarf range.

Skink:

Dînadan
Please. This is a website for families. Showing those things in public is strictly forbidden.

Dînadan:

Dînadan
Please. This is a website for families. Showing those things in public is strictly forbidden.

Skink
Save the torches and pitchforks for Thommy H - he's the one that posted it, not me. And if that doesn't sate your bloodlust, go after tenebre for wanting to see it.:idea

:P