[Archive] G2's Big Hat Chaos Dwarf Army

G.2:

And was: Black Green = VMC980? Still want to know, please ;)

clam
I forgot to look for you. I will have a look today when I get home from work. - sorry.

Update:

The Black Green Colour is Vallejo Game Ink 72090

zobo1942:

Love the way these miniatures look - they are a HUGE inspiration to me.

I’m currently getting my big hats together (via ebay… ouch!!) and trying to remember what I (used) to know about painting!

Thanks for sharing your work!!

G.2:

Oh!!!..my old thread…thanks for finding it under all the dust. :slight_smile:

I’m currently getting my big hats together (via ebay… ouch!!)

zobo1942
Yes you have been. I have been following your progress, and I have seen your frustration at missing out on a few eBay auctions. But you have also won a few eBay auctions too.
Thanks for sharing your work!!

zobo1942
I am planning on sharing more. I have not being getting to my paint table as much recently, and when I do, I have been working on other projects.

Admiral:

Great big hats! :hat

I especially like the Sneaky Gitz, the metal and skin on your Black Orcs, and the blue Chaos Dwarfs. The red ones aren’t far behind, though.

Singleton Mosby:

G.2
I really love the green hats. Which tone of green did you use for them? Is it goblin green?

G.2:

Oh wow…you found photos of my old painted minis. These guys were painted a life-time ago…ok, maybe only a couple of years ago (February of 2010 to be exact). I am not sure if I kept the “painting recipes” of these early minis, but I will have a look for you. From memory, the Chaos dwarf was painted with catachen green, painted over a black primer. Then really thin layers of scorpion green were layered onto the helmet, and dry-brushed (badly) onto the armour. I would have mixed some white into the scorpion green (probably something like a 50-50 mix) and used that to drybrush the tips of the armour.

As regards to the hobgoblin, the cap would have been some sort of white and scorpion green again, but I am not sure of the coat. It looks like a mix of bubonic brown and catachen green, probably a (3:1) ratio.

I hope this helps.