[Archive] Games Day Uk: 2007 Meetup

Uzkul Werit:

As ill fated as my previous tries at this were (i.e. they never happened, although I did see Madbob there back in 2005), I remain undisheartened. Are any of you lot coming to Games Day UK this year but more importantly, would you be up for a small get together?

Xander:

I live in Canada, otherwise I’d be in!

torn:

had a random hobbit at the GW store today trying to sell me a ticket. Im usually interested but i mainly work sats and sundays working away so chances are id not be able to. Still its worth it if i get the time off.

Ghrask Dragh:

I’ll be there somewhere. The plan is to enter alot of models into Golden Demon and get as many badges(at least) as I can. Im not sure whether to drive up or just be lazy and take the bus again? either way I’ll be there!

Hashut’s Blessing:

I wish I could, but I don’t have the money to. Damnit!

minty:

i’m going, but i already said this at hand of hashut to you

Uzkul Werit:

Ahhh come on Ghrask! Just get the bus up with me! It’ll be fun I promise! :smiley:

Reckon we should each bring 500pts for the Bring and Battle?

AGPO:

I doubt I’ll be able to come, GW have pretty much priced me out of gamesday now, when you add to the cost of transport I’d rather have the minis.

Ghrask Dragh:

I noticed alot of people have joined the site since this was first posted and with Games Day getting ever closer was wondering if anyone else was interested in meeting up down there?

A copy of Uzkul’s list from over on Hand of Hashut…

Uzkul Werit

Ghrask Dragh

UltimateNagash

minty

iscrem

Anyone else up for it?

Uzkul Werit:

I believe Warplock Monkey was up for it. Are you bringing 500pts, Ghrask?

Lord Darkash:

Alas i am on holiday in the hills of Wales at the time so will be unable to attend otherwise i would gladly meet up :frowning:

Tallhat:

When is GD?

- Tallhat

eternalfreak:

It’s the 23rd Sep, which is a sunday. NEC as usual.

Ghrask Dragh:

I believe Warplock Monkey was up for it. Are you bringing 500pts, Ghrask?
Of course, my apologies Warplock! One of your best chances for a Golden Demon statue in the yougbloods cat' Good Luck Buddy!

Uzkul Werit
Ghrask Dragh
UltimateNagash
minty
iscrem
Warplock Monkey

I don't know if I will have a fully painted 500pts but I might be able to bring some up anyway. I have recently decided to make more of an effort for a statue, so all I will be painting from now until GD is a Chaos Dwarf Lord, it is a big ask considering I have left it so late but its worth a try right!

Gilzam:

I will be there at GD Uk im coming from up North have to get Games Workshop bus at extremly early hours.

Id be willing to team up with my fellow CDers, this is the first GD ive been to in 6 years so whats this bring and battle thing? Sounds good for CD to get some publicity, Im not the most apt painter so no Golden daemon for me but im an alright gamer so could join in participation games.

Also when I used to go people used to just walk by tables with open bags and scoop models into them, whats the situation with horrible thiefing, on a side note I hate thieves worse than Goblin slaves!

Hail And Kill

Ghrask Dragh:

I will be there at GD Uk im coming from up North have to get Games Workshop bus at extremly early hours.
Me and Uzkul are in south wales so it's the same for us! I have to leave at about 5 in the morning to get to cardiff GW where the bus takes us to Birmingham!

The bring and battle was in the same hall as the store section last year and had about 40 tables at least set up ready to battle on, there where sections for The Lord of the Rings, 40k and fantasy, you just spot someone who wants to play and play!
Also when I used to go people used to just walk by tables with open bags and scoop models into them, whats the situation with horrible thiefing, on a side note I hate thieves worse than Goblin slaves!
:o I can't believe that! Last year was my first and I have to say I heard nothing like that. I was actually really impressed with the number of nice people there, even the gang of idiots that always seem to be everywhere no matter where you go where not there!
The only downer about last years Games Day for me was the stadium priced food! �4 for a slice of pizza ridiculous, it wasn't even that good!!
Anyway besides the obvious Golden Demon contest and excellent tables put on by Games Workshop staff from around the country I thought the third hall containing stuff like Black Library, Black Industries and Sabertooth Games was excellent! This year I believe you can get the new Talisman game early :)

Uzkul Werit
Ghrask Dragh
UltimateNagash
minty
iscrem
Warplock Monkey
Gilzam

:cheers

eternalfreak:

Though I’ve not been here long, I will be going, though mainly meeting up with the Warhammer Realm lot, but of course I could spare time for you guys! :mask

Uzkul Werit

Ghrask Dragh

UltimateNagash

minty

iscrem

Warplock Monkey

Gilzam

eternalfreak

grunts:

This year I believe you can get the new Talisman game early :)

Ghrask Dragh
I'm sorry, did you say new Talisman game!!

wallacer:

I'm sorry, did you say new Talisman game!!

grunts
http://tinyurl.com/396435

Gilzam:

Cool, I’ll be pleased to meet you guys, maybe steal some ideas, ill probaly bring a really small CD army to game with, I just read that they check bags so is ok.

Im glad to hear that the twonks have gone. At last! I dont need new talisman when you have the old. Anything new in it?