[Archive] GD Germany and Forge World fantasy plans for CD

Grimstonefire:

So, early yet but FW have put up a Chaos Reaver Titan.

Not much info on the fantasy side of things.

No ‘official’ confirmation of the mystery box yet, but GW staff saying it will be revealed tommorow on their website.  Unconfirmed reports that people have opened the box and it is Space Hulk.

Hopefully more to come.

Kera foehunter:

They open it !! need pictures to Belive

Henroth:

Well, then never news in the GD Germany ?

The people that to go there lose time and money ?

Wow! equal that in the last GD Spain. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Haha, quote from BOLS:

An update: I think Cologne might burn very soon. The current word is, that GW won’t announce the Mystery Box today, but tomorrow. Today they want to talk about pricing details and release date. If that’s true, some might go bezerk. The gamesday seems to be not that good in general this year.
Glad I didn’t take the 8hrs trip to Cologne, we had a feeling in our group this year that Games Day might yet be another letdown and waste of time.

Willmark:

Woah Space Hulk? Cool!

Nicodemus:

Woah Space Hulk? Cool!

Willmark
BoLS is reporting that GW staff are wearing shirts today with either genestealer skull or a terminator helmet on them in silhouette.

My money is on Space Hulk! Announcement comes tonight apparently (tonight being Germany time)...

~N

GRNDL:

Wow, shocking news. I thought this was what was rumoured all along? Even people going so far as to say it will have plastic tiles for the board, like the Planetary/Mighty Empires campaign set.

To be honest, anything new outside of the usual routine releases would be nice. All we have to look forward to for the near future is yet more spazz marine stuff (space wolves, now with new mohawks… /sigh).

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

From what ive heard it was a waste of money going, very little to take pics off and very little in the way of rumours and as for the mystery box being space hulk, well woop de do everyone knew that was coming out, complete let down. Does not bode well for the UK one :frowning:

Kera foehunter:

wow, nothing !!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Grimstonefire:

Some pics of the FW stuff.  Note that I put the bit relating to chaos dwarfs in the rumour speculation thread.

http://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/?p=6879

Note as well that they showed a trailer on the big screens of the mystery thing and it IS Space Hulk.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

From Warseer

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3865344#post3865344

First Post on there

Hi folks,

GD Germany is over. Not much new information, some covered in the Skaven and Chaos Dwarf threads. But this tidbit by Siam-Tiger from the Brueckenkopf website ( http://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/?p=6879 ) deserves a thread of its own.

GW is about to create a new division for FW-quality Fantasy products and hires new staff for that.

My free translation of the original German text:

Quote “I also brought up the topic of Chaos Dwarfs, and they said straight away that there are some things planned with Fantasy, but in a different way. GW will create a sister company that is specialized in Fantasy and will hire new designers for that task. So don’t expect Forge World to do much in Fantasy as the designers there are 40k-fans and will produce accordingly.”  

Earlier tidbits from GD Baltimore seem to point at the fact that Chaos Dwarfs are high priority, but that may have changed with the new plans of a separate division.

Grimstonefire:

Seeing as it’s a circular rumour (I posted the link to where it was first discussed in another thread in that section after posting here), I’ve merged it with this one. :wink:

wallacer:

Space Hulk = great news.

FW sister company. Hmmm… I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not. Hopefully FW aren’t going to shelve their (rumoured) plans to do some CD stuff now that there’s a Fantasy version of FW being planned.

That could result in quite a delay.

Grimstonefire:

I don’t see why, they’ll probably be next door anyway!  From warseer it seems not only does this company already exist, but they have completed their first model (one wonders what that might be…?).  They might need more than one model to start, so it could be a while before it opens.

FW will just give all their plans for future fantasy stuff to them, otherwise it’s just delaying profits to GW as a whole.

Edit:  I’m personally not bothered about space hulk at all, but I’m happy for those who can get it.

wallacer:

one wonders what that might be

Grimstonefire
One does indeed...  Hopefully something small, dreadlocked and Dwarfish.
You may be right, they could just be next door (in effect, two divisions of the same company).  Hopefully that's what's happening, in which it shouldn't be too much of a speed bump for FW's (rumoured) CD release.

Henroth:

Quote "I also brought up the topic of Chaos Dwarfs, and they said straight away that there are some things planned with Fantasy, but in a different way. GW will create a sister company that is specialized in Fantasy and will hire new designers for that task. So don't expect Forge World to do much in Fantasy as the designers there are 40k-fans and will produce accordingly."  
Earlier tidbits from GD Baltimore seem to point at the fact that Chaos Dwarfs are high priority, but that may have changed with the new plans of a separate division.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!
Really ? :o Then I swallow me my words for incredulous.

Is very good news, let's hope that proyect follow forward. :)

Border Reiver:

But before even cool models - we want an army book!

Crube:

One poster on Warseer has mentioned that WFB FW have confirmed plans for Chaos Dwarfs…

Here

wallacer:

I don’t think he really confirmed it, he just inferred it out of a previous post (unless i’m misreading it).

Grimstonefire:

Sadly those of us that believe CD are coming have to restrain ourselves until we get ‘official’ proof. Otherwise it’s not fair on everyone else to be discussing it like its already 100% certain.

Check out the first post here for info:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1420&page=1

Another relevant quote from warseer from someone who went to GD germany last year:

This “rumour” is in fact a fact, that was already confirmed by tony catrell last year at the german games day.

I asked him about Forge World doing Fantasy stuff and that there would be a lot of things that just cryed out “make me!”. His answer was, that they are planning on founding another company exclusively for Fantasy.

The reason that it will not be done by forge world itself, is just the fact that the forge world guys are 40k enthuisiasts and they want for the whfb project the same quality, so they will give this job to some real fantasy battles people.

This year the fw guys more or less confirmed this, and with the tidbits from baltimore about the chaosdwarfs etc. i was given the information, that there would be something within the next 6 month.

Siam-Tiger
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215202&page=5