[Archive] GD Germany and Forge World fantasy plans for CD

kerbak:

I dont now if you already now about this, but today i got informed that GW will create a sister company similar to Forge world, one of the first proyects, CHAOD DWARFS:cheers

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215202

sounds good

The Brain:

Something in the next six months. That seems kinda close. We have not even seen any models of tidbits of rules. I know people that saw models like the new Ashag the Slaughter more then two years ago at the UK studio, and its not even out yet. I want to be hopefull but if something was comming in the next six months I would think that there would be something more concrete.

Crube:

My sources tell me that there will be something from FW WFB within 6 months, but CDs will be a bit longer… maybe a year or more longer…

The Brain:

My sources tell me that there will be something from FW WFB within 6 months, but CDs will be a bit longer.... maybe a year or more longer...

Crube
I think this is more realistic, but behind my big hat I will keep my fingers crossed.

Crube:

you and everyone else here The Brain :wink:

It’s actually very hard to type with your fingers crossed…

Kera foehunter:

Maybe we will see lower prices ! But it can’t hurt to have another co.to make stuff

GRNDL:

I think Forgeworld do brisk business at their current prices, so I don’t expect to see much change in that department. FW has always been about speciality/niche and prestige models anyway, so why would anyone expect them to be cheap? Its like expecting Ferraris to be cheap. FW models are status symbols almost.

Most likely, the set up of a sister company to Forgeworld is to prevent brandname dilution and the unwholesome effects that go with it, as the name Forgeworld is strongly connected with 40k imagery.

Willmark:

And your sources are Crube? o_O

GRNDL:

And your sources ate Crube? o_O

Willmark
Nom nom nom. I hope recent news of Crube being devoured by the sources have been greatly exaggerated and he can comment ont his.

Crube:

I’m still here… and will pass comment as and when i have any more info…

puts on deerstalker and lights pipe

Border Reiver:

Good, cause the comments that I read on Warseer don’t fill me with hope as they were generally along the lines of “really, that’s great news! I hope they do {insert name of presently unsupported army here}” There were no sources quoted, and no confirmatory links to press releases etc. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Crube:

Bear in mind Mr Reiver, Sir, that if I am able to bring any more info, it will likely be without any press release, or names being named… I respect the privacy of those who tell me stuff.

as with many rumours, it’s down to trusting the person telling you that they’re telling the truth…

Border Reiver:

then perhaps something along the line of what sort of position that person occupies - you know something more than “my source tells me that…”

Grimstonefire:

As Crube says, it’s the nature of how rumour sources go that you may not know a lot about them personally, but you trust what they are telling you privately is true because of something (knowing their previous job, their source, or past history with rumours for instance).

A better question might be without naming names if his source(s) have proven reliable in the past?  If the answer is a definite YES, then it makes the rumour a little bit more credible to the rest of us, but not necessarily reliable.

IF WA:CD is coming out there will be a lot of people like Crube joining CDO in the future (there might be some on here already), people who know things but cannot share it immediately because of an agreement with their source(s).  People who may be able to confirm things or give snippets when they can.

My feeling is that individually take all rumours with a pinch of salt, but if they can be backed up by multiple people (especially people who have proven correct in the past) they are more likely to be reliable and correct.

We will probably retain a hard core of people who will not believe things until they hold it in their hands, but for the rest of us we can continue discussing things. :wink:

Seeing as we’ve got a load of rumour discussion going on that we haven’t had for years it may be worth opening up a whole subsection for this soon…?

Willmark:

And your sources ate Crube? o_O

Willmark
Nom nom nom. I hope recent news of Crube being devoured by the sources have been greatly exaggerated and he can comment ont his.

GRNDL
it's another Squats situation, look out for the tyranids.

Swissdictator:

This does seem more convincing… no rumour squashing on warseer… this information fitting other pieces of info (Forgeworld equivalent making stuff for CD…)

Still… I’m going to be patient for now…

wallacer:

Yes, it’s the combination of rumours that I find most interesting.

Grimstonefire:

The thing I am finding interesting is how this is developing.

At first it was the fact that there were rumours at all, then they started to come in more regularly, now they are starting to support each other.  I’ve been keeping my finger on the pulse on this since April, and it’s the most interest I’ve taken in rumours since I started in the hobby.

I did follow the Ogre Kingdoms ones quite closely when they were new, but nothing like this.

Sighes  If only GW would make an official announcement one way or the other and put us all out of our misery.  It may end up being like the Space Hulk ones where the whole world knew but not ‘officially’.

At least that way we could be discussing it properly.

wallacer:

I guess GW are scared that if they announce it too soon that companies like Gamezone will start pumping out Chaos Dwarf/Evil Dwarf miniatures and beat GW to the punch.

Grimstonefire:

If they are following the rumours they should really be doing it already, regardless of whether the rumours are true or not ;), whilst there is interest in evil dwarfs generally.

There has been the possibility that GW could do something with them for years, but most companies avoid ‘evil dwarfs’ like the plague for some reason.