[Archive] General thread of a paint-a-holic

Dino:

@Warhammerman: Thx man.

@Loki: Thx man. I really hope to have them finished soon.

OK so have another update and I’m trying to get quit a few things done ASAP. First lets look at dwarves.

Quariller Vet.

Longbeards

Rangers

Getting close to finishing these guys soon. As soon as they are done I will hopefully be painting the bolt thrower crews i’ll be getting soon and an organ gun. Now for the space wolves.

Grey Hunters

Blood Claws

Wolf Guard

Dreadnaught

Long Fangs

Getting close to finishing them all, but abviously finished the grey hunters. Will be doing a lot of work sunday and monday on them. Will be happy when i’m done with them. Now on to the first commission work of 2010.

Not sure what it’s suppose to be exactly but I know it fits my clients theme so it’s all ok.

Will probably update Monday. Until then.

Dino:

Well i’m back with another update with lots of dwarf pics but I think we need to start of with a picture of my dog.

Now dont that just warm your heart?

OK so last night I finally got my hands on 40 dwarves to add to my force and i’ve been building them into what I need for my army. Here’s what i’ve done so far.

Sheildbearers for dwarf lord

warriors with great weapons

quarellers

Hammerers

Rangers

Engineers for bolt throwers

I also have six crew for the bolt throwers and four longbeards that need some GS work this weekend. Along with that I will be GSing my warshrine, new carnosaur, and terradon for my skink chief. The sheildbearers need a little gs work as well and i’ll be adding more to it as well. After that I just need some magnets and then the lord, the base he came with, and the sheildbearers will be painted up.

Now onto finished dwarves and a wip reaper troll.

Rangers

Longbeards

and quareller vet.

Reaper river troll

Well i’m very happy to say that I have these dwarves finished. The reaper troll if for my reptus army for warlord which I really need to get back into. Will also be repeinting the reptus models I do have to be more green looking. Expect some more reptus stuff after I finish them up.

Now last as usual I give you the commission stuff.

Vampire mummy thing

Egypt preist from War Gods(I think it’s from war gods, please correct if i’m wrong)

Mummy dude from reaper(also a warlord figure)

Engineer

empire hero with great weapon

My client has me painting quit a few none GW minis here but thats just fine. I have finished the vampire mummy guy. The rest are still very wip. I hope to finish most of this up before my classes start winding down for this quarter but well see.

Thats all for now. Next update will contain all that stuff I said I needed to GS and probably space wolves that are just about done.

Warhammerman:

As usual very awesome stuff.

Kera foehunter:

great painting dino love your new bunch of dwarfs

love the vet . with the crossbow

Dino:

@WarhammerMan: Thx man.

@Kera foehunter: I can see why you like it.

Well i’m back everybody and I have a lot of pics this time. So lets get started.

First is up are dwarves.

Bolt thrower crew one

Long beards

Dwarf Lord

The first bolt thrower crew and long beards are fully GSed and just need paint. Gonna probably paint them up along with my dwarf lord.

Next up is more Warlord stuff.

Herryk Aesir

Dwarf Warrior

Uru

Reptus Skullbreaker

Kong-To and two reptus warriors

Reptus musician and new skull breaker

Gam-Nan and Gaan-Hor

Lots of Warlord stuff here. The two dwarf guys are completly finished. I plan on adding a lot more dwarves in the sum what distant future. Finished the river troll cheiftan uru and plan on getting river trolls to flush his troop out more. Want to get some specific stuff for the reptus bases to make it look like a swamp base. The Skull breaker is a test for my new scheme and I rather like it. Again I want some specific stuff to make swamp bases for them. Kong-To and the two warriors are being painted up in the new scheme. Got a new skull breaker(same pose unfortunetly) and a warrior I made into a musician for Kong-To’s unit. Also got my new troop started. Gam-Nan and the Gaan-Hor clan are fliers so I have them in one whole unit. Gonna obviaously add more Gaan-Hor to the troop. Other stuff i’m gonna add to the reptus are a cool flying reptus guy and a turtle dragon. In time you’ll see.

Commssion stuff for the win.

Engineer

Caption with great hammer

Dude with sword and big pistol

Flagellants

Helstorm

Hovering mummy mage

Egyption preist

Skeletal archers

Tomb Guard Command

All the empire stuff is slowly comming along due to the undead stuff I’m painting but it’s getting their. The floating mummy and priest are finished. Skeletan archers are almost done. Not bad sence I started them yesturday. Tomb guard wont be finished that quickly i’m affraid.

Thats all for now. Will be back with more.

Warhammerman:

Once again. Awesome stuff.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Abso-sodding-lutely outstanding stuff. As ever. Why am I never prepared to see the skill, when I know it’s always there, consistently, lol :stuck_out_tongue: One comment, that is hopefully constructive: maybe give the bolts of the bolt thrower crew some kind of fletching, otherwise they may just look like spears. Just a thought :wink:

Warhammerman:

Abso-sodding-lutely outstanding stuff. As ever. Why am I never prepared to see the skill, when I know it's always there, consistently, lol :P One comment, that is hopefully constructive: maybe give the bolts of the bolt thrower crew some kind of fletching, otherwise they may just look like spears. Just a thought ;)

Hashut's Blessing
I agree with him. I thought you were making pike-men dwarfs. Which would be awesome. (;

But, they still look awesome.

ryanamandaanna:

lovin’ all this stuff, Dino. Keep it up! :smiley:

Dino:

@Warhammerman: Thx man.

@Hashuts Blessing: I took your advice and have added fletching. Thx for your imput.

@ryanamandaanna: Thx for the complament.

Back with stuff finished. Sorry If I haven’t updated weekly. Finals and all.

First up is my stuff starting with my newest warlord miniature.

Varaug, Bull Orc Warlord

Dwarf Lord of the Red Green Clan, Red Green

Chaos Hounds Wip

Varaug and Red Are both finished. Varaug I got thursday and quickly painted him up. The chaos hounds are very wip but I do have their skin, fur and eyes done.

Now on to the Commission work.

Tomb Guard Command

Skeleton Warrior

Tomb Swarm

Empire Hero with Great Hammer

Enginner

Archers

Helstorm Rocket and crew

Dude with sword and pistol

Flaggelants

Tomb guard and Empire Caption are finished. The rest are comminf along well. Tomb swarm just got started.

Thats all for now. Will hopefully go back to normal updates next Sunday. Until then.

Warhammerman:

Once again awesome. The bull orc at the start is freakin epic though. Good job!

Dino:

Thx Warhammerman. I really like this model a lot and was very happy to finally get him and paint him up.

Right well it’s time to update this bad boy so here we go. Lets start with some Chaos hounds.

They need a little more work and a few corrections(you can’t see them) and lots of wotk on the bases. I have two weeks before classes start again so I think I have enough time. FF13 might get in the way… a lot but well see.

Now on the commission side I have finished everything your about to see.

Skeleton warriors

zombies

Chariot

Tomb Swarms

Empire hero with hammer

Engineer

Empire guy with sword and pistol

Archers

Flaggelants

Helstorm Rocket Battery

Finally glad this is over with. I like how all of it turned out. Found the skeletons really quick and easy to paint to I look forward to less long back acking painting. I really hope he likes how his chariot turns out becouse I wasn’t really sure what he wanted.

Any way will try once again to keep my update every sunday schedule from now on but I make no garenties. Until sunday.

Hashut’s Blessing:

First of all, apologies for not having stopped by before :wink:

Secondly, glad my input was useful :smiley:

Thridly: jaw-drop, eyes-bulge!

Excellent stuff as ever! I’m presuming that you’re leaving the bases for the customerwith the Undead? Also, how are there zombies in a Tomb King army or chariots in a Vampire Counts army? Regardless, you’ve done an excellent job of getting them to look thoroughly sandswept, without making them look like they’ve been lying in ink for centuries.

Warhammerman:

Cool stuff as always. :cheers

Dino:

@Hashut’s Blessing: Thx man. I think my clients army i’m painting is suppose to be a pit of both VC and TK so he doesn’t have to collect two different armies. Thats just my theory though.

@Warhammerman: And as always your comments are very much appreciated.

Well here it’s sunday onceagain and it’s time for an update thought it ain’t really much of one. Haven’t been fealing to well and I havebeen doing more drawing then painting. But here we go.

Warhounds

Reptus warriors and warlord

Dwarf bolt thrower crew

Dwarf organ gun

Mystery project

Well here we have a few things I have started up the last few days. Warhounds are kinda getting their. Hvae a few things to work on them and then their bases and then all should be well. Finally getting back to Warlord minis sense I don’t have to paint commission stuff for anyone. The bolt thrower crew and organ gun are comming along quickly and will be joined by my last three hammerers I have yet to paint. Right now I have a mystery project in the works which I wont reveal until I get some ideas sketched out. But for now here’s what I got.

Now that I have finished the most recent batch of minis for my client I have begun work on stuff i’m gonna be selling on ebay as soon as i’m done with them.

Great Swords

Empire Hero

Grey Hunters

Rhino

Been a while sence I touched the empire stuff i’ve been meaning to sell. Just have a few miner things to touch up on the greatswords and they are done. Gonna redo the heroes armour and face. And yes your eyes don’t decive you i’m selling the space wolves. Played a few games of 40k and found I didn’t really like it that much. I guess i’m just a fantasy player. The five grey hunters are the last ones I need to finish up for the unit and then their done. The rhino will be the first full 40k tank I have ever painted and it’s comming along quickly.

Will be back with more next sunday if FF13 doesn’t take up most of my time. Until then.

Dino:

Sorry this is later then I ment. But here’s what I got.

Bolt Thrower crew

Organ Gun crew

3 Hammerers

High Cleric Herryk Aesir

Dwarf Warrior

Mancatcher

Piercer

3 Chaos Warriors

Mounted Chaos Sorcerer

Hellcannon

As you can see the dwarf crews are comming along nicely but I unfortunetly haven’t done much on the organ gun. I finaly have got the last three hammerers started. The warlord dwarf cleric and warriors have been changed to a color I finally like on them. The Manchatcher and Piercer are minis I got last thursday and are of to a nice start. Unfortunetly no real progress on the chaos hounds but I will have them done soon. I do have three chaos warriors I need to paint up soon along with the mounted sorcerer for a tourney in the next few weeks. Now as you can guess my mystry project was a hellcannon. Been working on it for three days and this is what I got so far.

Well thats all I got for now and I will be updating this every sunday as planned.

Warhammerman:

I love the hellcannon so far. Everything else is looking splendid as usual.

Thorne:

MUST KNOW ! what on earth is that blue ? on your tomb kings ! I love it !

Dino:

@Warhammerman: If you loved the hellcannon as a wip then see it all finished. Look below.

@Throne: Hawk Turquise as the base and highlighted with white added to it.

Been way to long sense the last update. So here we go.

First up are the warhammer dwarfs.

Hammerers

Bolt Thrower Crew

Organ gun and crew

Getting close to finishing with all of them. Just have the breads and tatarn patern.

Next up are some pre painted things.

Hellcannon and crew

Shaggoth Dragon Ogre

Finished the hellcannon after lots of GS and afew swear words later. Happy as heck it’s done. Now I just have lots to do on the shaggoth. This is gonna be fun.

Last up are the Warlord things i’m working on.

Dwarf Mancatcher, Sheildmaiden, and Piercer

Kara Foehunter(wip)

Kong-to

Reptus Warriors

Istvan Lupine

Happily finished with the mancatcher, sheildmaiden, and Piercer. Kara is just startedso not to much done on her as you can see. Got back to the reptus again and getting to finishing them. Istvan Lupine is actually the start of one of the new armies from the upcomming expansion. Gonna get more of them in time along with a few other armies.

Will update again this Friday.

Dino:

Sorry for the lack of updates. School is a pain in the but and my laptop broke.

Some quick news on the sculpting. I have had to stop work on the dragon ogre becouse it’s taking to long and using up to much GS. Gonna do two smaller miniatures very soon. For now I just have this to show with my dwarves.

3 Razordons

Dwarf bolt thrower crew

Organ Gun

3 hammerers

The razordons look better then the pic shows. Finished the dwarf stuff a while back but didn’t get much of a chance to update. Will have my stuff again in june once again.

Now for the commission work.

Nagash

Zombie Ogre

Anubis Statue

Tomb King

Crypt ghouls

Dire Wolves

Tomb Guard

Skeleton warriors

Chaos Spawn

Marauder Horsemen

Lots and lots of pics. Nagash, zombie ogre, anubis statue, crypt ghouls and chaos spawn are all finished. Starting on my undead clients last unit(zombies). The rest is slowly coming along. Just started marauder horsemen. Thats all for now. Until next update.