[Archive] Golden hat 10 ideas

GRNDL:

Any unit sized entry automatically bars me from entering. I just don’t have the time for it. My CD army only has 14 painted rank and file models and that’s taken me 2 years!!! So, unless you want to extend the time limit, its not happening.

Kera foehunter:

well im not much behind you im at a 18 months nothing to show

Zanko:

What about a siege tower?!?!?!

IMO that´s also cool for a CD army …

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

Hobgoblin or chaos dwarf siege tower

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I like the idea of a Terrain Piece. What about some kind of temple or building or village or something on an approximate 2’X2’ square?

Grimstonefire:

Xander mentioned doing a fancy flash banner or something for this one.

Not that it’s really relevant to ideas discussion.

It’s due to start in a couple of weeks.

Nicodemus:

A warshrine that doubles as a mobile sacrificial altar to Hashut on the battle field.  I've been thinking about something along these lines...

~N

NIcodemus
What would you use it for terrain?

The Brain
Well, I was thinking something like a large cart or something similar that can be pulled, pushed or carried by a large number of slaves. Part of what they're transporting is a central component of a Temple of Hashut, probably the altar, with a big burning pyre of slaves bodies. That's only my take on it, I'm sure others could come up with something quite different... but I don't really imagine it as terrain.

~N

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I would say it should be something from the RH list - back to the roots.

We have done a lot of fancy and original stuff, but as someone said earlier the Golden Hat should be about stuff that will find it’s way onto the tabletop in the end. I would very much like to see something like a rank from the standard choices or something like that.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

@ Grimstone - Hopefully it will be a model we can later field in battle.

Ingrown:

My vote goes with a sorcerer or a rank of blunderbusses. Since I dont think we’ve had either yet and both are useful additions from RH.

Ogrob:

How about a blunderbuss champion?

clam:

How about a blunderbuss champion?

Ogrob
Hmm! that could be fun modeling - but game vice really don't see a need for a champion. Anyone who runs a command group with their BB-units? don't think so - and just a wast of points (imo).

A front rank of any warrior types (hw/shields, GW, Blunderbusses or even immortals) and let it be up to the person who enters wether he would do a command group or not. That could be cool. And if we want a character then lets us just do a hero/lord slot.

But please stay within our RH list - and if you have to do something fancy - choose from Kevin's list ... please ;)

Willmark:

I’m sure the staff has some ideas for GH X :slight_smile:

cornixt:

All units should have a leader, if not an actual champion.

This is the big 10, so having a regular competition seems a little dull. Think outside the box people!

Kera foehunter:

outside the box hummm

like sneaky gits

clam:

Didn’t see that this thread was about guessing what our mods have come up with - but saw it as a thread about what members would like. How can I be that wrong?

But all I can say is, please, look at previous GHs shows ! Think it’s pretty clear what people would like to see. So why not try to beat the record here at the big 10 - so I’ll say, let it be a Sorcerer :smiley:

Grimstonefire:

Didn't see that this thread was about guessing what our mods have come up with - but saw it as a thread about what members would like. How can I be that wrong?

clam
You are not wrong, it can be both... ;)

dedwrekka:

I’d like to see a “terrain/unit centerpiece” or Duel contest again. Eventually we may have to just dig into old ideas, as we have many new beardlings here who will have missed their chance at the older ones, and some long beards who might want another crack at it.

GRNDL:

Since its GH #10, we should be modelling the founders of the site as Chaos Dwarves… :stuck_out_tongue: Imagine a CD Army with the founders leading it…

cornixt:

The staff have not fully decided on it yet, if anyone comes up with something even better then we’ll go with that.