[Archive] Golden hat 10 ideas

The Brain:

That would be cool to . Rank as 5 across

Kera foehunter
It should be beefyer then that at least 10+ :)

Kera foehunter:

10 with a champion or hero

Astranagant:

I’d be all for a rank painting comp, it’d give me motivation to actually do the sculpting on my warriors/blunderbussiers, instead of painting the oh-so-easy BFSP Night Goblins.

Bassman:

Unit is a nice idea but I’d prefer a mounted hero… like a sorcerer lord on lammasu or a great taurus lord… I think we could come out with a lot of wonderful creations… and I could get motivated to finish my lord on taurus :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A sorcerer on foot would be nice too… mine have been waiting a brush for too long :frowning:

Kera foehunter:

i needs to finish my Taurus too

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I hope that if we do “pop” back to “Warmachine” that this time we could do a specific war machine, like an Earth Shaker, instead of an “Anything Goes” warmachine catagory.

BUT…if we do a unit painting, hopefully it can be warriors.

Is there a listing of all the previous 9 GH subjects so far? If we stick to the RH list, I think there’s still a lot of empty catagories left.

clam:

of course we have :smiley:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/contests.php

Tarrakk Blackhand:

ThanX for the link Clam…just to abbreviate it :

GH 1 - CD Warriors

GH 2 - Rykarth - a Special Figure

GH 3 - Hobgoblin Hero

GH 4 - Orc or Goblin Slaves

GH 5 - Standard Bearer

GH 6 - CD Slaver

GH 7 - Duel Diorama

GH 8 - War Machine

GH 9 - Bull Centaur

So…what still needs to be done?

If we eliminate the GH catagories from the RH list, you’re left with the following :

Musicians

CD Lord

Sorcer Lord

Great Taurus

Lammasu

CD Hero

CD Sorcerer

Blunderbuss and/or Great Axe Warriors

Hobgoblin Wolf Riders

Hobgoblins - Archers and/or Sword/Shield and/or Naked

Orc Boys, Orc Arrer Boys, Goblins

Black Orcs

Sneaky Gits

And if we want to brak down and individualize the War Machines :

Death Rocket

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower

Earthshaker

And then, as Kera suggested, we could build some of the “Magical Items” like The Dark Mace of Death or something.

Anything else would fit into “Special”.

Personally, for #10, I think we should build something big, although this would probably get me in trouble with the Green Stuff, etc, if we did the Lammasu or Great Taurus. I opt for a building! :smiley:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Personally, for #10, I think we should build something big, although this would probably get me in trouble with the Green Stuff, etc, if we did the Lammasu or Great Taurus. I opt for a building! :D

Tarrakk Blackhand
That would cause a lot of people to drop out because every self-respecting chaos dwarf warmonger already has a Taurus, Earthshaker and Death Rocket and there is not much need for two of any of these in an army... and besides I can't make anything larger than my shatterer beast. ;)

Bassman:

Personally, for #10, I think we should build something big, although this would probably get me in trouble with the Green Stuff, etc, if we did the Lammasu or Great Taurus. I opt for a building! :D

Tarrakk Blackhand
That would cause a lot of people to drop out because every self-respecting chaos dwarf warmonger already has a Taurus, Earthshaker and Death Rocket and there is not much need for two of any of these in an army... and besides I can't make anything larger than my shatterer beast. ;)

Ishkur Cinderhat
That's why I said a mounted hero... so you can show us a new beautiful lammasu :hat off

Kera foehunter:

What about a free for all !! make something and post it

tjub:

Tarrakk Blackhand

Ishkur Cinderhat
True, I would prefer some kind of infantry contest. Obviously since I just completed my Lamma and Earthshaker. :P

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Kera
With all due respect, a "Free For All" would be a bad idea. Imagine a single warrior getting judged against a Great Taurus. If both models were built 100% perfect, then the bigger one would win. It wouldn't be fair.

Focusing on a single idea/character makes the competition more ballanced.
Every self-respecting chaos dwarf warmonger already has a Taurus, Earthshaker and Death Rocket

Ishkur Cinderhat
I just have the BFSP set and a few extra figures. I'm self-respecting, but can't come up with a good Taurus or Lammasu idea. Also, if we build these beasts, I'd like to know what the sizes of the bases and general mass of the original figures are, just so i don't make something too large.

Kera foehunter:

Kera

Tarrakk Blackhand
well any one would have a plain one !! but who of you have a real cool deamon power of those

Bassman:

Tarrakk Blackhand

Ishkur Cinderhat
True, I would prefer some kind of infantry contest. Obviously since I just completed my Lamma and Earthshaker. :P

tjub
This is why I said a mounted hero... so you can show us a beautiful Great Taurus..... am I repeating my self? ;)

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yes Bassman…but some things are worth repeating.

Where am I going to find a model of a bull?

The Brain:

Ishkur Cinderhat
I don't know why you say that if you play a big enough game then you will need more stuff. My group regularly plays 3000-5000 point games. I have four earthshakers and when their painted I am going to use them all. :P

Kera foehunter:

you can always do a husband and wife cd lol

GRNDL:

you can always do a husband and wife cd lol

Kera foehunter
Or in CD terms: taskmaster and slave? To remain PC (and thus unmoderated) I'll leave everyone to figure out which should be which.

tjub:

Tarrakk Blackhand

Ishkur Cinderhat

tjub
This is why I said a mounted hero... so you can show us a beautiful Great Taurus..... am I repeating my self? ;)

Bassman
Hah, so it was a trick! :P I only have about a month of Soviets left, so a GH would be a great start when I get back to CDs. Taurus or not... :)