[Archive] Golden Hat #12 - Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses

Grimstonefire:

Welcome to the 12th Golden Hat competition of Chaos Dwarfs Online!

Subject Matter
Create 5 Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses.  No command models are allowed.

Basing
For this one it would be easier to say the models have to be on game-legal 20x20mm bases.

Particulars
Due Date: 11:59 PM June 30th 2010 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)
Subject Matter:  Create 5 Chaos Dwarfs with Blunderbusses

What is the deadline?
Once again same basic premise as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM June 30th 2010 (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (Around 6 weeks to complete your entry).

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. In order to avoid problems, I “highly advise” that entrants do not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries…

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Rightly take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 50 people enter we award 50 slaves to each person who entered.

= As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

As usual once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting. And as always if there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

NEW FOR CDO:  Competition Veteran medals!
One of the great things about Golden Hat and the Artisans Contest is the way they they both draw so much participation from all our members. We can’t all have the skills of Snotling or M3lvin, but lots of entries helps make every contest that bit more special.

For this reason we’re introducing a special medal for those of you who’ve shown amazing commitment to the competitions. The Competition Veteran medals will recognise those who’ve gone the extra mile and entered many cool entries into either Golden Hat, the Artisan’s Contest or both. There will be gold, silver and bronze medals as usual but beware - these medals (like all our medals) take a lot of earning. Even if you don’t win a Golden Hat or Cog, there’s now a goal for everyone. So what are you waiting for? - get cracking!

Medals will be awarded retrospectively for entries to date, where applicable.
- A Gold Veteran Medal winner will receive a free (excludes p&p) exclusive model from Baggronor!  Awesome!

Xander:

Sweet. Finally have some motivation to make my own BBs!

Nicodemus:

Sweet.  Finally have some motivation to make my own BBs!

Xander
And motivation to finish mine!

Zanko:

I finished my BB unit some weeks ago … :mad   Bad timing!

Now I have to think which BB models I could use or which ones I could convert! :~

Hope I will get a good idea! :wink:

:hashut

Grimstonefire:

Motivation to finish mine for sure. I’m actually going to try and get these done in the next week!

clam:

Cool, glad to see regular units are back.

And - like usual - a question:

Could it be proxies? I mean, could they be armed with crossbows - for those that play their CDs as regular dwarfs?

Swissdictator:

Question: I have some sculpted Blunderbuss so.sad made for me a while back. Can I enter them on my painting skill… or would that be unfair?

Grimstonefire:

@Clam

I’d just stick to thunderers. They will be better in 8th anyway :wink:

@Swissdictator

Not sure on that one, I’ll ask my fellow staffers.

Bassman:

Cool a new Golden Hat is coming!

A great competition: blunderbusses! Unfortunately I will not be in this time. I already have two units of them and do not really need any more. More urgent stuff is waiting for my conversion tools and my brushes.

However I will keep my eyes on this competition.

:smiley:

Thorne:

Awesome ! I’ll try something cool now !

clam:

Only a classic Blunderbuss then … ??? - hmm! - think thats okay with me - as I need to paint some blunderbusses

- but I am a bit sorry to see that GH is this restricted. Just choosing a single standard CD warrior upgrade is really not ‘my cup of tea’. Could cause that we see significant less entries for this one, I fear :-/

Grimstonefire:

Well, I think it depends on how you look at it.  Sure, by using RH it’s only warriors with blunderbusses, but I know for instance that my ones probably won’t be armed with a ‘traditional’ CD blunderbuss.

You could do an elite unit with some sort of daemon cannon each, or ones with bionic arms etc.  There are options other than just giving them a standard gun, it just takes a bit more imagination.  You probably could even make robot CD’s with blunderbusses.

Basically as long as they have some sort of black powder type missile weapon I’m sure people will think they’d be fine as ‘counts as’ models. We won’t be that strict that we turn down entries because they don’t have an actual blunderbuss like the classic models.

Pyro Stick:

Well ive been looking forward to this one for a long time so im definately going to enter. Hopefully ill get started tomorrow.

Mario:

Does create mean i can just paint up 5 old metal ones i got here and enter them, or do i have to convert/build them?

And can i add the one i recently painted to the 5 ones or must i do a new one.

m3lvin:

This theme was perfectly timed for me, blunderbusses are one of the few unit types I haven’t converted yet for my army.

Maybe this could be an opportunity to start up with my CDs again, since the production has run a little slow the last months.

Although it can be hard to find time to make these, since I have another army I must finish during june for an upcoming convent.

We’ll just see if I get the time to make an entry. It’s indeed tempting. :cheers

/melv

GRNDL:

This gets a pretty big “meh” from me.

cornixt:

You don’t have to convert them, you can just use regular models. Just because they are rank and file it doesn’t mean you can’t do something a bit different with them.

Swissdictator:

Well if I get a green light for the guys I have sitting around, I’m in. I’m personally excited.

Besides, as has been said, you can make some really cool looking gizmo or few on them. Be it the blunderbuss it self, or a ranging device…

Da Crusha:

I paint all of my blunderbuss’ exactly the same, my Golden hat entry is bound to look exactly like my already painted units…

tjub:

Cool, Ive just finished converting some CD among them 15 Blunderbusses. Lucky me! :slight_smile: